Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Uniques can be altered.

They need to recognize this as an actual feature and not a bug. Tweak what can be modified so it's not completely broken. This is one of the most unique things about this game and makes endgame crafting interesting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Beat the campaign, ran a few rifts and quit the game. These guys took parts from PoE and D3 to create a Frankenstein monster game. Gave it a good try but it's not for me. Just can't do it in it's current state.

Here's Quin69 review of the game if anyone is interested.

Thanks for putting that guy on everyone's youtube algorithm for a couple days.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
LoL, sure they will, unless they buff some of the other shitty skills, I mean WTF you gonna play? Spin to win with 1/10 the the dmg?
The people using BE as it currently is to clear 187s without any issues will be the same ppl that quit in a week or so from now when they feel out of content / bored. Maybe it will, maybe 30k players will quit when they can't use BE/WG like they used too, but I doubt it will drop so much. Some of those using BE, and to a lesser extent WG, will continue to play and try new things. I am sure there will be viable builds. The easy mode ppl will leave regardless.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The people using BE as it currently is to clear 187s without any issues will be the same ppl that quit in a week or so from now when they feel out of content / bored. Maybe it will, maybe 30k players will quit when they can't use BE/WG like they used too, but I doubt it will drop so much. Some of those using BE, and to a lesser extent WG, will continue to play and try new things. I am sure there will be viable builds. The easy mode ppl will leave regardless.
You are sure there are viable builds? Which other ones are viable right now? According to their view on what to fix they talk very little about any buffs to any other skills.

I don't care that they nerf BE/WG but only if they start buffing other things. I want diversity.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ranger builds can do 187, some very well geared out Ailment builds can do them as well. You just need very high +added dmg and passive that grant more dmg from ailments or some other stat or condition. Current BE just allows you to skip all that instantly and go way beyond what is normally attainable. The build I am using could do it, and without current WG, but I lack added dmg, so I'm only in the 120's until I can roll some nice accessories. This is what I'm using atm:

This is using very scuffed accessories with very little +added dmg to spells, if they were to buff +Spell dmg or +Occult dmg, I'd get a big boost. =)

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Problem still stands, they let the cat out of the bag and people are doing 187s now. So they nerf the top skills without buffing others, people will be pissed, the outrage will be real. Im farming the shit out of the city building stuff right now so I have everything opened up, or close to it before it all gets nerfed to hell. BTW if you do lv 43 rifts and run through them with spin to win or any other quick skill, they give you the same resources as the lv187s, lol. This game is bug free, I cant believe they didnt scale this to your level or whatever and add diminishing returns, lol. Anyway if you want to quickly level up your shit before the nerf hammers start falling I suggest running lv43s real quick. At least to open up the forge to make some cool items before they nerf the ability to do so.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I really hope the D4 devs doen't make the same mistake the D3 and Wolcen devs did and only let the players beta test just a small portion of the game. The game was plagued with bugs that it's unbelievable. Granted they are a small 40 man indie company but some things should of never made it live. I realize devs want to preserve the storyline but releasing a buggy ass game is more detrimental than revealing the plot. For fucks sake let players beta test everything to avoid a launch like this.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Problem still stands, they let the cat out of the bag and people are doing 187s now. So they nerf the top skills without buffing others, people will be pissed, the outrage will be real. Im farming the shit out of the city building stuff right now so I have everything opened up, or close to it before it all gets nerfed to hell. BTW if you do lv 43 rifts and run through them with spin to win or any other quick skill, they give you the same resources as the lv187s, lol. This game is bug free, I cant believe they didnt scale this to your level or whatever and add diminishing returns, lol. Anyway if you want to quickly level up your shit before the nerf hammers start falling I suggest running lv43s real quick. At least to open up the forge to make some cool items before they nerf the ability to do so.
And my point still stands, the people who can't/won't play the game without a broken BE/WG are the ppl who would quit faster than anyone else. Pretty sure BE will still be a great skill after they nerf its ailment mod, bosses might take 20s to die vs. 2s.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I really hope the D4 devs doen't make the same mistake the D3 and Wolcen devs did and only let the players beta test just a small portion of the game. The game was plagued with bugs that it's unbelievable. Granted they are a small 40 man indie company but some things should of never made it live. I realize devs want to preserve the storyline but releasing a buggy ass game is more detrimental than revealing the plot. For fucks sake let players beta test everything to avoid a launch like this.
Stories told well survive being spoiled. It's especially appalling if they consciously made release choices based around not spoiling the story of an ARPG.

JJ Abrams should hire these idiots.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
For fucks sake let players beta test everything to avoid a launch like this.

Wolcen Studio didn't allow a beta of the full game because they knew it was hopeless garbage, and there's no way to fix it without throwing all of the combat code away and starting over. It took them 4 years to pinch out this pile of dog shit. Fixing it would have taken them another 5 years.

I had an ailments build going and didn't realize until L56 that I had a lot of level 12 gear on, and I was still mowing things down in a snap. The only stat I have found to make a difference is weapon damage maybe. Gear doesn't seem to work. Most of their passives are broken in some way. Gems do what?

Simply put, there's no chance of this game ever becoming viable. What WS will do, however, is nerf the few good builds there are and leave it at that.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Gear stops scaling at 110 also according to the affix database. Farming 187's mean nothing because a 110 will have maximum roll ranges.

• 1Worf

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gear stops scaling at 110 also according to the affix database. Farming 187's mean nothing because a 110 will have maximum roll ranges.
Kinda true. You get access to t12 mods at 110, but at a low chance. The highest chance at t12 mods is 163+.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wolcen Studio didn't allow a beta of the full game because they knew it was hopeless garbage, and there's no way to fix it without throwing all of the combat code away and starting over. It took them 4 years to pinch out this pile of dog shit. Fixing it would have taken them another 5 years.

I had an ailments build going and didn't realize until L56 that I had a lot of level 12 gear on, and I was still mowing things down in a snap. The only stat I have found to make a difference is weapon damage maybe. Gear doesn't seem to work. Most of their passives are broken in some way. Gems do what?

Simply put, there's no chance of this game ever becoming viable. What WS will do, however, is nerf the few good builds there are and leave it at that.
You ran an ailment build and say the only stat that might have made a difference was weapon damage? Really? I call bullshit, or you never got a piece of gear with flat added dmg while you were playing. I've yet to enable a single passive that hasn't worked, have they worked as well as I hoped (+spell dmg/+type dmg)? No, but they do work. There certainly are a lot of poorly described or broken passives? Yes, but not "most". ;p

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL, gear and gear stats most assuredly works. Shit like CDR, willpower to rage time, resists, attack power, and all that shit makes a huge difference especially once you hit about the 65-70ish level expeditions. Yeah good luck running those with lv 12 gear. Shit like +%xxx dmg I have found makes huge difference on my caster. Even at lower levels.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I'm starting to think all these people shouting how everything is broken don't even play the game. I notice big differences when I get better gear so shits working. I know their is broken stuff and bugs but no where near the level of shit people are spewing.

• 1Solidarity

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not according to the DB, the mods don't increase at all past 110 is what I was hearing and seeing.
Mods have a range of quality, with t12 being the highest, just like the gems. A t12 mod you get at 110 is the same as a t12 mod you get at 163, the only difference is the chance at getting the t12 to appear instead of a t10 or t11.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah thats what ive been hearing, while the 110s start dropping the t12s, the further you go the chances of t12s dropping is higher.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Mods have a range of quality, with t12 being the highest, just like the gems. A t12 mod you get at 110 is the same as a t12 mod you get at 163, the only difference is the chance at getting the t12 to appear instead of a t10 or t11.
Yeah I am saying that in the database that the chance doesn't improve past 110, I could be wrong though but it looks like there are no adjustments past that.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I am saying that in the database that the chance doesn't improve past 110, I could be wrong though but it looks like there are no adjustments past that.
Ok, by "chance" I mean the range of possible mods shrinks, so at 110 you can mods of t5 to t12, while at 163+ its t10 to t12. Its not like a t12 has a 5% chance at 110 and a 35% at 163.

Edit: Getting this from the wolcendb site.

Last edited: