Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
We are unable to refund this purchase to your Steam Wallet at this time. Your playtime of an included product exceeds 2 hours (our refund policy maximum).

Yeah makes sense.

Bleeding Edge is still playable but mainly by the people that got to the insane gear levels from abusing everything known to man.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I dropped BE and went full hammer throw. Not as efficient, but pretty damn good.

EDIT: Fuck, this FOG build works pretty damn well. I'm still mowing through shit like crazy.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Yes but you can double up on hammers because the duplicate skill can be cast while you are still within the recall timer. You still have a CD but with enough finesse and good shield charges you can chase your hammers until they come off CD. It's really fun for me.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I thought copying skills with a CD was basically useless since they share the same CD. I Dont see how this is helping you.

• 1Truth!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought copying skills with a CD was basically useless since they share the same CD. I Dont see how this is helping you.
Maybe the cooldown doesn't trigger until the hammers are brought back? Which would let you use the duplicate, somehow? haha.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Summons:

Health curve for summons

• Increased the Health pool of the summons from level 1 to 55 (from +500% to 0%).
  • Reduced the Health pool of summons from level 55 to 90 (from 0% to -75%).

What? If I understand English, this would actually mean Summons got a -75% reduction in HP in total? Unless they messed up the first line, and it should be "from 0% to 500%". =)

Edit: They need to work on explaining what they fixed. Several Mage nodes were "fixed", but they didn't say what was wrong. I'm curious what they changed with "Which Time Cannot Heal", as that is a pretty important node for all types of damage.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
What? If I understand English, this would actually mean Summons got a -75% reduction in HP in total? Unless they messed up the first line, and it should be "from 0% to 500%". =)

Percentages are hard for these people. Patch notes are too apparently.

Caliane

new major bug in the last patch apparently. not enough monsters in expeditions to complete.

Reddit says there is a work around. stand in place when zoning into a map or side area for 20-30s. Apparently the bug is related to moving too early before monsters load in. and then monsters can't load into previously uncovered areas. this is effecting overall map, and green stair side areas. (which do also count towards the kill count)

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
new major bug in the last patch apparently. not enough monsters in expeditions to complete.

Reddit says there is a work around. stand in place when zoning into a map or side area for 20-30s. Apparently the bug is related to moving too early before monsters load in. and then monsters can't load into previously uncovered areas. this is effecting overall map, and green stair side areas. (which do also count towards the kill count)

I had this happen to me last night. ALSO The monsters are falling into any cracks or holes. If they are next to big columns, they will attempt to climb the columns and get stuck above you in he column. You can't complete the map that way either.

Anyone have a good shield charge build? Hammers is good and all, but not smooth for how I play.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I had this happen to me last night. ALSO The monsters are falling into any cracks or holes. If they are next to big columns, they will attempt to climb the columns and get stuck above you in he column. You can't complete the map that way either.

Anyone have a good shield charge build? Hammers is good and all, but not smooth for how I play.

Ive tested pretty much all the warrior skills around lv100 rifts last night and unfortunately the only skill thats still viable is still bleeding edge. All the other warrior skills are shit. The shield charge skill is cool, but only a secondary movement skill. Basically compared to bleeding edge, even the nerfed version, all the other skills are essentially zdps. Good news is that BE is still very much viable to get to end game.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ive tested pretty much all the warrior skills around lv100 rifts last night and unfortunately the only skill thats still viable is still bleeding edge. All the other warrior skills are shit. The shield charge skill is cool, but only a secondary movement skill. Basically compared to bleeding edge, even the nerfed version, all the other skills are essentially zdps. Good news is that BE is still very much viable to get to end game.

Damn.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

Yeah the longer you play this game you come to realize just how unbalanced and shallow it is. It gives you that illusion of having choices and such, but ultimately until they do a skill normalization pass, 2 out of the 3 classes, the warrior and rogue are like relegated to 2-3 skills that can get to 110 rifts for the good loot, and mages are essentially stuck casting dot circles on he ground to get there. shit even the skill tree gives you an ilusion of choice, and partly because some key nodes are still broken, but still if youre a warrior you will essentially have the same tree as the next warrior save maybe 10 nodes.

Its like who the fuck tested this mess and how it scales 100+? Anyone playing a warrior or ranger for more then 5 minutes at 100+ could easily figure out just by feel alone that 3/4 of the skills are fucking zdps and worthless. Youre literally sitting there spamming the skill for minutes on a white pack to widdle them down. IDK, maybe its set up this way on purpose. Maybe they balanced this around a group or some shit and they expect you to do 100+ with a group? Even so they should communicate with us their vision, because from what I see its a fucking mess.

Even the loot does the same thing, but essentially wether youre a ranger, warrior, or even mage, you will still want the same gear and the same stats for the most part and its pretty much interchangable between the 3 other than maybe CDR and mage with affliction shit on gear. But as it stands now if you have a good set of bruiser armor with resists, feroctity, %crit, you can essentially reroll your character from warrior to ranger or even mage and not miss a beat, lol.

I think im gonna shelve this for a while and come back in a few months. The game has great potential, it feels great to play, but its a fucking mess right now. 3/4 of the skills are worthless for any class, balance is out of whack, scaling to end game is broken IMO. Magic find is still busted, money and resources are not balanced either at end game either. Liek how are you supposed to drop a million on a project when a rift gives you 30-50K gold per run?

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Not a new bug. I had this happen to me last week once.

Caliane

Yeah the longer you play this game you come to realize just how unbalanced and shallow it is. It gives you that illusion of having choices and such, but ultimately until they do a skill normalization pass, 2 out of the 3 classes, the warrior and rogue are like relegated to 2-3 skills that can get to 110 rifts for the good loot, and mages are essentially stuck casting dot circles on he ground to get there. shit even the skill tree gives you an ilusion of choice, and partly because some key nodes are still broken, but still if youre a warrior you will essentially have the same tree as the next warrior save maybe 10 nodes.

Its like who the fuck tested this mess and how it scales 100+? Anyone playing a warrior or ranger for more then 5 minutes at 100+ could easily figure out just by feel alone that 3/4 of the skills are fucking zdps and worthless. Youre literally sitting there spamming the skill for minutes on a white pack to widdle them down. IDK, maybe its set up this way on purpose. Maybe they balanced this around a group or some shit and they expect you to do 100+ with a group? Even so they should communicate with us their vision, because from what I see its a fucking mess.

Even the loot does the same thing, but essentially wether youre a ranger, warrior, or even mage, you will still want the same gear and the same stats for the most part and its pretty much interchangable between the 3 other than maybe CDR and mage with affliction shit on gear. But as it stands now if you have a good set of bruiser armor with resists, feroctity, %crit, you can essentially reroll your character from warrior to ranger or even mage and not miss a beat, lol.

I think im gonna shelve this for a while and come back in a few months. The game has great potential, it feels great to play, but its a fucking mess right now. 3/4 of the skills are worthless for any class balance is out of whack, scaling to end game is broken IMO. Magic find is still busted, money and resources are not balanced either at end game either. Liek how are you supposed to drop a million on a project when a rift gives you 30-50K gold per run?
yeah, these are all major issues.

Mage skills all feel exactly the same. and every mage build is just some variant of casting 3-4 aoe ground effectc damage over time circles.
abilities that hit multiple times per cast are the only viable skills.

hotjoin grouping was probably the intended means to do high end content actually. but there is a big problem with that.
1. all items look the same, and are shared by everyone. meaning, you have to pick up every piece of gear to check it. loot filter is going to have to look for mods I guess.. but in general its not like other games where you can just ignore trash that isnt the base type you want.
2. picking up EVERY rare to SELL for cash is a huge part of the end game..... this is massively anti-party friendly.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
yeah, these are all major issues.

Mage skills all feel exactly the same. and every mage build is just some variant of casting 3-4 aoe ground effectc damage over time circles.
abilities that hit multiple times per cast are the only viable skills.

hotjoin grouping was probably the intended means to do high end content actually. but there is a big problem with that.
1. all items look the same, and are shared by everyone. meaning, you have to pick up every piece of gear to check it. loot filter is going to have to look for mods I guess.. but in general its not like other games where you can just ignore trash that isnt the base type you want.
2. picking up EVERY rare to SELL for cash is a huge part of the end game..... this is massively anti-party friendly.

Yeah problem with loot in this game too is when you hover over items, a tool tip should show you what the fucking thing is before even picking it up. Like every other ARPG has since diablo2, lol. This game has you pick up the stupid thing before you can see what the fuck it is. which is a pain in the ass and a waste of time. I wonder how many good or even god rolled items I left on the ground because who the fuck is gonna bother picking every single item up, then dropping it, from an expedition.

Caliane

Yeah problem with loot in this game as well is when you hover over items, a tool tip should show you what the fucking thing is before even picking it up. Like every other ARPG has since diablo2, lol. this ame has you pick up the stupid thing before you can see what the fuck it is. which is a pain in the ass and a waste of time. I wonder how many good or even god rolled items I left on the ground because who the fuck is gonna bother picking every single item up, then dropping it, from an expedition.
theres a vaguely labeled check box in the menu for that. something about "show item type". uncheck it.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
theres a vaguely labeled check box in the menu for that. something about "show item type". uncheck it.
I think all that does it show the name of the item, rather than type, hovering over the item on the ground won't display the items stats (I could be wrong, since I just pick up the items I want and don't hover over long enough for anything appear). This does let you pick up what you want, like if you know the name of Heavy armors, you'll see them.