Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i'm enjoying it. i think the biggest factor in whether or not it's worth it is what happens in the next month or so, followed closely by what end game/seasonal stuff they have down the line

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
i'm enjoying it. i think the biggest factor in whether or not it's worth it is what happens in the next month or so, followed closely by what end game/seasonal stuff they have down the line
I'm enjoying it also. It's been a long time since I've played a game for 4 hours straight. I'm sure I'm slow because I haven't even beaten act 1 yet but I'm having fun just slowly going through the game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Sounds like I shouldn’t have refunded my $20 version!

To be fair the two different times I played it was broken as fuck.

• 1Worf

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
Online is an option. But get a game service time out error when I try to name my character.

Caliane

keep trying? game is up now. but, probably still throttled. limiting the number of game creations/min.

My stash reset back to act 1 state, when I moved to act 3. lost some gems, uniques, and reroll orbs..

A note for mages.
Willpower regeneration and willpower on hit in the character sheet are backwards. labeled wrong. down in resources is says, "willpower on hit" but that number is actually your willpower per second regen.
Also, there is gear with a flat +x willpower regen. this gear is supremely good. Massively better then the% gear. (although the % gear has value after you get some flat +will regen.)
passive regen is like 10willpower per second. so you can get +10% willpower inc.. for 11 willpower per second. or you can get +7 willpower regen, which will increase you to 17.
Went from 21 willpower/s regen to 67 willpower/s regen tonight, after noticing.. HUGE difference.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Imo well worth the $40. Probably get a 100 hrs just fucking around with builds in. So far I like it better than D3.

• 1Like

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
Was able to get in. Kind of hate starting over. I'll just have to play a different classish.

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
Imo well worth the $40. Probably get a 100 hrs just fucking around with builds in. So far I like it better than D3.

This is where I'm at. I'm not expecting 8 years out of it. But I'll spend a few months in it for sure.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Gold will be useless in online mode and you will be able to buy everything you want after 3 mins. There is a gold dupe that is still in online that is just taking gems and stacking and unstacking and it doubles the stack value each time.

• 1Worf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Gold will be useless in online mode and you will be able to buy everything you want after 3 mins. There is a gold dupe that is still in online that is just taking gems and stacking and unstacking and it doubles the stack value each time.
lol holy shit! just tried.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

How is this possible ive been told the devs worked very hard for 5 years?

• 1Worf

Derkon

Trakanon Raider

Yikes. Glad I held off on this one.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Pfff, that's just the authentic online Diablo experience yo!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Sounds way too easy to do. The original gold dupe in diablo had a little timing thing to it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They haven't fixed the magic find stacking bug either so once you're at endgame you can stack magic find to 10k+% and do one "rift" and basically get gear to drop for 20mins and pick up what you want until you inevitably crash.

Stash still have items disapearing, you can get story blocked at various points, you can not obtain certain 1 time rewards(like apocalypse form additional points) and so on. Apparently there's only 74uniques in the game too, not that gear seems very important since endgame seems fairly poorly balanced with everything just being too easy anyway. A good amount of passives outright don't work or are actively negative(the ES leech one makes you lose all your ES whenever you hit something), a bunch of the skill mods either don't work, or are OP due to working a weird way.

I get that some people find the game fun and that's fine but it's clearly unfinished and untested.

• 1Worf

Fucker

Log Wizard
They haven't fixed the magic find stacking bug either so once you're at endgame you can stack magic find to 10k+% and do one "rift" and basically get gear to drop for 20mins and pick up what you want until you inevitably crash.

Stash still have items disapearing, you can get story blocked at various points, you can not obtain certain 1 time rewards(like apocalypse form additional points) and so on. Apparently there's only 74uniques in the game too, not that gear seems very important since endgame seems fairly poorly balanced with everything just being too easy anyway. A good amount of passives outright don't work or are actively negative(the ES leech one makes you lose all your ES whenever you hit something), a bunch of the skill mods either don't work, or are OP due to working a weird way.

I get that some people find the game fun and that's fine but it's clearly unfinished and untested.

The sheer number of things that are outright broken/poorly implemented is staggering. I have a strong notion that they didn't do any testing before pinching it out on Steam. They can't even handle the basics like saving characters or making it so it doesn't crash when you hit the play button or crash on exit.

They've spent 4-5 years to get to now, after several iterations...which they finally scrapped in favor of directly ripping off D3 and PoE. Kind of sad, really.

These people are weekend hobbyists who learned how to code from a few Youtube videos.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea them "releasing" the game like this just means they had to have run out of money right?

Like the EA version for what, a year? More? Was like maybe 4 hours of content? And then in that time they made what essentially the other 80% of the game and just dumped it out there as the complete version? And that's after all the previous iterations of the game had been scrapped nearly entirely and reworked in to Diablo 3.5?