Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Quin69 is done with the game, lol.

Apparently it was like the uber elder of Wolcen and it had no loot/item rewards.

Here is the broken build he was using if anyone is curious: - Wolcen Universe (stacks Wisdom for stat). Here is a similar one with some notes on gearing/skills: - Wolcen Universe

Note that this build should stay strong when they nerf the bugged shield node.

So I hopped in this guys stream as he seems to have reinstalled. Came back to an empty stash and fought an Uber again. No loot lol

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Lol he put his weapon in the quality thing that bricks the game as a meme and when he cancelled project it deleted it.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Quin69 is done with the game, lol.

Apparently it was like the uber elder of Wolcen and it had no loot/item rewards.

Here is the broken build he was using if anyone is curious: - Wolcen Universe (stacks Wisdom for stat). Here is a similar one with some notes on gearing/skills: - Wolcen Universe

Note that this build should stay strong when they nerf the bugged shield node.

It had the right amount of quit but not enough rage.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I'll give it a year or so, bug fixing and more contents. Huge potential tho

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
There was a time when I was the same way that I think many of you are currently. The state of the game doesn't matter so much as the newness, the excitement of release, the unknown things. The overpowered builds, the missing decimal point that lets you just demolish content. Some seek that out and that's the enjoyment that they get out of it.

Somewhere in the past 10-15 years, I guess it was working at startups, I replaced that stuff with my actual job. That old saying, don't try to turn your hobbies into careers, because it'll lose the fun is correct. Now I am perfectly OK to only play the console version of games. They typically come out later, receive patches later, and are, generally, more stable. I also avoid 90% of the console games at release. I don't seek out that release excitement and energy. My schedule is so sporadic I can't even participate in it. I'll buy things A) After release B) After most bugs have been fixed and C) On sale. I'm OK with that.

I'll play this game if it has a console release, for example.
So, I have just been looking for something I enjoy playing at all lately, honestly. I tried this out and its fun, hey. Eventually for games where the gameplay is fun but they have released too soon in the current dev cycle, or haven't tested the architecture for scalability, or any number of things that aren't critical to game design but uber critical to making a game fun to actually play in the wild with more than a few thousand folks. The DB backend, from SWG to Horizons to any number of games has been their bete noir, and this is proving to be their Achilles heel in a way I never expected in 2020. This game has issues across the board, and although it's still fun, its a terrible loss and I don't think they will have time to bring it back to what they could have had if they were at where they will be at a true 1.1 version of the game.

TLDR: Much like you I should have waited, this game will be really good but its moment will have passed and most likely be DOA when they fix their issues. Hopefully not, I have really enjoyed my...40ish hours with it already. I still want to finish the game my current game in Offline but I am discouraged at this point as the new wears off.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
TLDR: Much like you I should have waited, this game will be really good but its moment will have passed and most likely be DOA when they fix their issues. Hopefully not, I have really enjoyed my...40ish hours with it already. I still want to finish the game my current game in Offline but I am discouraged at this point as the new wears off.

Nahh, because there isnt many good games of this genre. If this was a flooded field of good games, then yeah I would agree. But people are gonna go back to their POE/D3 leagues in march, play those for a while which will give these dudes an opportunity to fix shit. And people will come back in the tail end of the leagues like they always are searching for other games to play. This game at its core is fun as hell. I compare it to the other game in beta which is Last Epoch and TBH that game might be less bugs, but its gameplay is meh compared to this. I still have hope.

BTW 1st patch is out. It broke my spin to win shield dude, the 50% dmg per block node does not work anymore :( My dps went from 4000 down to 1700. :( So I gotta come up with something different now, maybe bleed ailment build or some shit.

Caliane

and really, its not the quality of the game, or respect of the devs, but its the friends we make along the way that really matters.

• 1Solidarity

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Really wanted to play this game but I'm gonna try wait a few months for them to sort out all these problems they are having.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
On the flip side I made a Wizard on D3 last night on my PS Pro and started messing around to satisfy any ARPG itch while I start the last chapter of Atlantis tonight in Odyssey. :p

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Trade a person a stack of 20 items, shift click 19 of it back to your inventory before either side hitting accept, they will still get a full stack of 20 and you will keep 19.

These are the kind of bugs that are still in today.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Spark

Golden Knight of the Realm
I see they still haven't fixed the quest mobs getting stuck in the floors and walls in map dungeons. That shit is annoying as hell.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I see they still haven't fixed the quest mobs getting stuck in the floors and walls in map dungeons. That shit is annoying as hell.

They still haven't fixed 90% of the issues and now that they are only hot fixing one time per week (Which those hot fixes will introduce other bugs) this should be good to go by 2024.

Spark

Golden Knight of the Realm
Same thing happened with Pathfinder: Kingmaker. Tons of bugs at release but they were on it from the get go.

Took a lot of patches but I would think they have them all fixed by now since they've been working on the sequel. I need to go back and finish that game.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Same thing happened with Pathfinder: Kingmaker. Tons of bugs at release but they were on it from the get go.

Took a lot of patches but I would think they have them all fixed by now since they've been working on the sequel. I need to go back and finish that game.

Yeah but were they limiting themselves to one hot patch a week?