Wolfenstein: The New Colossus

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Finished it over the weekend and it was kinda meh. Overall I'd give it a 6-7/10 and it's removed Machine Games from my day 1 buy developer list. A decent game but a far cry from The New Order. The game play was a slow spin up, the characters were meh, the story was meh and the bosses were meh.

The gameplay was not enjoyable at the beginning. I prefer to stealth games like this as much as possible but that's not doable e at the beginning and it made me dislike the game from the start. The mobs felt pretty bullet spongey early on but it wasn't so bad bad once I got some upgrades. And by the end of the game I was starting to enjoy the combat. I'm tempted to play it again to see if I like it now that I've spent some time with the combat but I think I'm just going to move on.

The story and characters were an SJW's wet dream. I was dying laughing by a few missions in because they were really trying to appease a leftist crowd. Unfortunately for this game they just made stereotypes into video game characters. Not a big deal since Wolfenstein characters are always silly, but the first game did a really good job so I had high hopes. In this game it's the adventures of Terror Billy, Black Power, Hambeast and Hodor. The biggest let down for me was the evil characters. There were two? Psycho woman and Hitler? And neither of them actually fight BJ. What a let down. The boss fights were also pretty uninspired compared to the earlier two games. Basically shoot things in the head until they're dead, this time with more bullet sponge.

Not an awful game, not a great game. Recommended as a bargain bin buy.

Good write-up, this one is coming off the backlog.