Wolfenstein: The New Colossus

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Go for it, Ut. I'd be happy to make you both look like the morons you are. No need to derail two threads with abject stupidity.

Next you are going to tell him to hire an isf calibration tech for a fucking OLED display... I call people like you rear projection display scrubs living in the past. I highly suggest for the next week and a half you brush up on your shit. Because the amount of nazis remaining in this game tomorrow will match how many brain cells you have when I return.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Wat

I have an OLED, a Pioneer Kuro and a Samsung plasma. I havent had a rear projection set since like 2009.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Super happy to see all the white-guilt they put into this game. Hope the cringe doesn't take too much away from it being a solid shooter to buy at a discount.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Salty
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
The whole game is littered with the n word (apparently censored on here lul), even in the first few minutes of the game and anti jew stuff constantly (obviously, it's wolfenstein), I'm just wondering how you guys are more triggered than anyone else online because for 8 seconds taken out of context the game is apparently virtue signaling and sjw trash?

gameplay is fuckin gr8 though

• 2Like
  • 1Smuggly

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
The whole game is littered with the n word (apparently censored on here lul), even in the first few minutes of the game and anti jew stuff constantly (obviously, it's wolfenstein), I'm just wondering how you guys are more triggered than anyone else online because for 8 seconds taken out of context the game is apparently virtue signaling and sjw trash?

gameplay is fuckin gr8 though

I dunno about anyone else but my virtue signaling comment wasn't because of the game content at all. It was based on the fact that there are people going out of their way to show support of a game, thats had the same theme for longer than they were born, based solely on their politics.

It's textbook, "look at me" bullshit. I might buy it this weekend, I might wait, either way I'm sure I'll like it just like every other Wolf game. That doesn't mean I can't point out how fucking transparent Bethesda, certain gamers, and especially journalists are being trying to ride the wave of trying to make the game a statement instead of just another game in a long series of games about killing Nazis. I can literally picture these clowns sitting around high fiveing each other for having the "courage" to openly disavow literal Nazis...like that's even controversal...lol.

So brave, much strength.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Picard
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 5 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Hey, it's hard work opposing Nazis, there's like 6 maybe 7 of them in America alone!

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard

Cybsled

Question: Does this game feed off your previous saves from the 1st game, or does it give you the option of "build a save" like the Telltale Walking Dead games?

xzi

Mouthbreather
It sort of uses a build a save thing, yeah. The past games don't play THAT much of a role other than the people who are involved and your "death" at the end of the last one, you'll know them if you played but if not it does a fairly good job at reestablishing the characters.

Cybsled

I figured it might do that because the trailers showed a character you have to choose to save or let die in the 1st game. Thanks!

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I dunno about anyone else but my virtue signaling comment wasn't because of the game content at all. It was based on the fact that there are people going out of their way to show support of a game, thats had the same theme for longer than they were born, based solely on their politics.

It's textbook, "look at me" bullshit. I might buy it this weekend, I might wait, either way I'm sure I'll like it just like every other Wolf game. That doesn't mean I can't point out how fucking transparent Bethesda, certain gamers, and especially journalists are being trying to ride the wave of trying to make the game a statement instead of just another game in a long series of games about killing Nazis. I can literally picture these clowns sitting around high fiveing each other for having the "courage" to openly disavow literal Nazis...like that's even controversal...lol.

So brave, much strength.
It wasn't controversial until this year, now somehow there's actual dialogue about it. That's insane. Personally, I think it's funny and more like Bethesda pointing out how absurd it is to have a dialogue about whether we should hate Nazis or not. With bonus capitalism for them, sure, but this isn't some under-the-radar game we're talking about. I can't imagine real sales coming from that thing. Their actual marketing has been spot on too.

The game unlocked while I was still awake last night but had to work in the morning so didn't want to dive in. Planning on Pizza and Nazi-hunting all night when I get home. I've heard people say it's shorter which might be sad, but honestly so much crazy stuff coming out at the same time and next couple weeks it wouldn't be unforgivable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This and origins are both installed on my Xbox and I won't have time to play either 'til tomorrow night. Sad times

spronk

FPS noob
got my AMD Radeon rewards code this morning, not gonna play for a while too busy with other stuff but i bought it on ebay for $30 and it included Prey and Wolfenstein II, and seems to include the "Terror Billy Cosmetic Quake Champions" DLC but I don't see anything about the Freedom Chronicles Episode Zero DLC pre orders got, not sure if that applies to PC gamers or not

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
It wasn't controversial until this year, now somehow there's actual dialogue about it. That's insane. Personally, I think it's funny and more like Bethesda pointing out how absurd it is to have a dialogue about whether we should hate Nazis or not. With bonus capitalism for them, sure, but this isn't some under-the-radar game we're talking about. I can't imagine real sales coming from that thing. Their actual marketing has been spot on too.

The game unlocked while I was still awake last night but had to work in the morning so didn't want to dive in. Planning on Pizza and Nazi-hunting all night when I get home. I've heard people say it's shorter which might be sad, but honestly so much crazy stuff coming out at the same time and next couple weeks it wouldn't be unforgivable.

The conversation is because the extreme left lumps people who say shit like, "only women have babies," with literal Nazis who burned people alive in ovens. Like, those things are even comparable or that those types of people remotely aligned.

Anyway, I heard the campain is a short one session affair padded with cutscenes, so I'm probably going to hold off for a sale or just Redbox it later. I have too much shit to play right now anyway.

• 3Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
It's probably not surprising to anybody who played DOOM, but god DAMN the optimization in this game is beyond great. Aside from a few crashes (only happened once or twice), I'm at a constant 120fps with 0 drops whatsoever at max settings. Running a 1080, i7-4790k & 16gb of ram.

I put it up to 4k and I'm getting almost constant 60fps at max settings, a couple noticeable drops down to like 40 in certain areas but they were few and far between.

Only real issue with performance at the moment which I believe is caused by Vulkan (you can't change it to openGL this time) is there's no steam overlay available for a lot of people and screen capture doesn't work unless I play in windowed mode (not even fullscreen windowed). Supposedly the next nvidia drivers will fix this.

• 1Like

Cybsled

I love the interactive easter egg in the resistance lounge/club ;p

• 1Solidarity

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm trying out the permadeath mode (I still gotta finish a bunch of side missions but wanted to see what it was like) and oh boy.. I died in the first 2 minutes of the game like a fucking reviewer for kotaku

Also, no spoilers but the ending both felt really good and underwhelming at the same time. At least it wasn't a quick event, haha. I really enjoyed the world building they did in this game.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm enjoying it so far, only have two complaints. Hunting for collectibles seems more annoying than the last game and there's more of them. And second
I'm getting tired of everything using 'kill a dog' as their 'evil' baseline. Maybe bad timing but I've been coming across it in movies, TV, and now this too in a few weeks.

• 1Solidarity