Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
We took that picture about a month ago, last week AMC announced it was closing that 24 screen theater. Our only Imax in town aside from the zoo, which doesn't show commercial movies.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Someday soon probably won't be a thing anymore besides maybe a handful of theaters in major cities.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was confined to LA and NYC at some point after COVID.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Gotta love the tinfoil hat idiots who think movie theaters and bowling alleys are to blame for covid but malls and grocery stores arent.

I swear to fuck, every time I go to Costco, 60% of every person over the age of 60 is wearing the mask over their mouth only.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I swear to fuck, every time I go to Costco, 60% of every person over the age of 60 is wearing the mask over their mouth only.
Joggers are notorious for this. They blame their big noses.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Someday soon probably won't be a thing anymore besides maybe a handful of theaters in major cities.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was confined to LA and NYC at some point after COVID.
movie theaters in NYC are a thing of the past. Broadway shows are a thing of the past. NYC is a thing of the past. its not coming back anytime soon.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
hey Chukzombi Chukzombi , what kind of popcorn maker do you use? i had one a while ago where you could flip it after it was done popping and it doubled as a bowl, but it also had a cap on the top/bottom that you could pop off and put butter in to melt it while it was popping... but it was a pain in the butt because it never stayed on so it just dripped salt and crap out the bottom while you ate.

edit: also i've used the redenbacher oil, but it's a bit on the expensive side. it's like $25 for a 16 oz bottle. amazon has... well this...flavocol and oil but i've never heard of that oil. it looks super generic, but so does the flavacol. i mean, they weren't designed to be put in grocery stores so that makes sense... i just don't want to buy a giant thing of oil and have it be no good

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
This strategy is doomed to failure.

We already know it will flop in theatre in the current environment.

HBO Max is only available in the US, and they are not charging for it so they make zero money from existing subscribers. They are only going to make money on new subscriptions only, there’s no way that will be good enough.

I think in most of Canada we will not be able to see this legally as theatres are closed and we cant get HBO Max, I think that might be the case in a few places in EU too.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
hey Chukzombi Chukzombi , what kind of popcorn maker do you use? i had one a while ago where you could flip it after it was done popping and it doubled as a bowl, but it also had a cap on the top/bottom that you could pop off and put butter in to melt it while it was popping... but it was a pain in the butt because it never stayed on so it just dripped salt and crap out the bottom while you ate.

edit: also i've used the redenbacher oil, but it's a bit on the expensive side. it's like $25 for a 16 oz bottle. amazon has... well this...flavocol and oil but i've never heard of that oil. it looks super generic, but so does the flavacol. i mean, they weren't designed to be put in grocery stores so that makes sense... i just don't want to buy a giant thing of oil and have it be no good
this is the exact popper i use.
except mine is in pristine condition because i'm not an idiot like this guy.

flavacol is the movie industry secret ingredient for popcorn. the redenbacher oil is treefiddy at Target for the 16oz bottle. i only use it for topping.

i use extra virgin olive oil for popping, vegetable oil isnt a good taste, neither is corn oil. i heard canola oil is fine, and of course coconut oil is supposed to be ideal.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
This strategy is doomed to failure.

We already know it will flop in theatre in the current environment.

HBO Max is only available in the US, and they are not charging for it so they make zero money from existing subscribers. They are only going to make money on new subscriptions only, there’s no way that will be good enough.

I think in most of Canada we will not be able to see this legally as theatres are closed and we cant get HBO Max, I think that might be the case in a few places in EU too.
This is my monthly reminder that ATT is one of the worst run companies on the planet. Senior management literally could find a way to not get laid in a whorehouse with a fist full of Benjamin's.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Wonder Woman will be released Dec 25th on HBO Max, free for subs. and in theaters, LOL

EnJG24fVgAAb1Nn

I'll actually watch this now at some point since I get free HBO.

• 1Garbage

Haus

<Silver Donator>
this is the exact popper i use.
except mine is in pristine condition because i'm not an idiot like this guy.

flavacol is the movie industry secret ingredient for popcorn. the redenbacher oil is treefiddy at Target for the 16oz bottle. i only use it for topping.

i use extra virgin olive oil for popping, vegetable oil isnt a good taste, neither is corn oil. i heard canola oil is fine, and of course coconut oil is supposed to be ideal.

Here's what I use.....

Works like a champ for me, and one of these will last around 10 years, which I consider good duration for a mostly plastic countertop appliance. Although I admit I don't use it's butter melting cup. I use a glass in the microwave set to 45 seconds to melt down butter.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Here's what I use.....

Works like a champ for me, and one of these will last around 10 years, which I consider good duration for a mostly plastic countertop appliance. Although I admit I don't use it's butter melting cup. I use a glass in the microwave set to 45 seconds to melt down butter.
to each their own. i like duplicating the movie theater taste.

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
to each their own. i like duplicating the movie theater taste.

There was a time I tried to angle for duplicating that. Then went with a real butter and salt routine and it tasted almost exactly like the popcorn my grandfather would make for us to eat during Monday Night Football when I was a child. Nostalgia/sentimentality kicked in and that's how I've done it since.

My grandfathers method was a cast iron pot with half a stick of butter melted in the bottom, popcorn thrown in, and shaken over the stovetop until done, then salt. When all is said and done and we clear out the kitchen at the old house (Grandparents are both passed, mom lives there now) my subversive goal is to acquire and bring that particular pot back to my house.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Covid numbers rising, pm closing down my eurocuckistan year out, cinemas etc. WW84 cinema postponed til 17th of jan. FML.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Covid numbers rising, pm closing down my eurocuckistan year out, cinemas etc. WW84 cinema postponed til 17th of jan. FML.

It will be available in "usual places" Dec 25th after its released on HBO MAX in USA.

• 1Solidarity