Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

spronk

FPS noob
kids sorta liked this movie but were bored by long stretches of the movie, if you watch with kids setup snack and bathroom breaks like every 45 minutes. Its crazy this movie is 2.5 hours long, and literally nothing happens for most of the movie.

Its not offensively bad like the last Suicide Squad, but really not interesting at all. The villains are awful, even though the actors are fine. Gal Gadot is charming as always but has almost nothing to work with here.

best thing I could say is i'm so glad i could watch it home for free, no real anger or anything about it. If I had driven to theaters and spent time parking and stuff I woulda been pissed. Kill the theaters!

• 1Great Review
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The only time I like "hero immediately loses all of their powers" as a trope is when some video games do it. Your Metroid Primes, your God of Wars. You get to play an intro area with most of your powers, to see what you've got to look forward to, and then the game lets you go out and collect all of them again. Metroid in particular would lose most of its luster if Samus didn't have to regain all of those power-ups every time out.

Anyway..WW84? Haven't seen it, will because I love me some Gal Gadot. Judging from this thread I'll temper my expectations.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
3/10 started off mediocre like the first which was fine but went god awful pretty quick. Will never watch again.
All my friends wanted to see this because of loving the 80s and the trailer music lol

I will give props to making the worst forgettable villain. Warner stepped up there game on this one.

Last edited:

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Sigh my brother just called to tell me it was a dumpster fire. He literally said “they analyzed the first movie, took a shit on it, set it on fire and pissed on it to put the flames out, and then smiled and gave it the green light for production”

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
So this isn't worth the 30$ CAD "rental" (wtf) I assume? I'd be hard pressed to spend 30$ to rent anything that isn't some PPV event I really want to watch live with some bros.

I guess it's babysteps, but if these numbnuts would offer this stuff at a reasonable price, I wouldn't feel the urge to pirate mediocre movies.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just finished. Daughter liked it so mission accomplished. One of the things about movie 1 is the humor that Chris Pine and Gadot bring to the film. Sort of like Guardians of the Gakaxy 1. The humor makes the movie. The early scenes with Pine in this one are the best parts of the movie. It's not Green Lantern bad, but we all know that is an amazingly low bar. Kids should like it.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
This is ass. Total pandering. DC just can't measure up to the MCU. There is no passion behind these films at all.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
This movie is soupy gurgling diarrhea with the consistency of runny clam chowder. 0/10, I regret pirating it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I'm approaching this movie as someone who fucking loves Wonder Woman 2017, and regularly watches that three minute sequence when she takes over no mans land and conquers the town of Veld. I think it's a near perfect movie, and treasure it deeply. I've looked forward to WW84 since the second the credits rolled in Wonder Woman. I'm absolutely a fanboy. So, my thoughts:

Entire opening sequence on Themyscira - completely stupid and pointless. She didn't get anywhere by cheating. Ok. No relevance to entire movie. Fucking cringe worthy CGI sequences. Terrible. I mean, with Steve she knows its just a wish and it's making things worse, but I don't see how that relates to her taking a shortcut on an obstacle course when she was 10. This literally has ZERO to do with the movie and is just a vehicle to have Connie Nielsen and Robin Wright back on the set. Literally fucking pointless, cut this shit from the movie and save us a dreadful 15 minutes.

Opening sequence in the mall, absolutely terrible. Ridiculous action, stupid setups, just all around bad. I was actually watching the movie with a friend that hadn't seen the original WW so I had to stop the movie and show him WW 2017, the no mans land sequence, to prove that WW isn't some movie for faggots. Fucking SHIT CGI.

I hate the superhero plot device when they lose their powers... Ie, Thor 1, Iron Man 3, etc. It's such a cop out. But, at least in Thor 1, he was sent to earth and if he had Thor's power, everyone would have believed him and his journey would be meaningless. In WW84, she lost her powers.. but she had a villain that had powers, so it's stupid. It would have been something interesting if Cheetah had great powers and could almost stand up to WW. But Cheetah being strong, and WW84 being weak, who gives a fuck.

CGI - Overall pretty bad. Opening sequence was bad... Lets skip to the scene where she renounces her wish for Steve to be back, which was a reasonably decent scene where anyone who has broken up with someone, or been dumped, can relate. Then it throws us into this HORRIBLE CGI scene with her learning to fly or some shit, and they are copping Sunshine's soundtrack for it. Not even an original song. It's just so stupid..... So she's flying, then all of a sudden lassos lighting, swings forward, then starts flying again.. LOL. It's so STUPID!!!

Gal Gadot - terrible actress. The only reason she is watchable is because she is more beautiful and has more charisma than every woman on earth combined. She's absolutely watchable, she is Wonder Woman incarnate, but she is a terrible actress. Something was off with her in this movie. If Wonder Woman 2017 didn't exist, she would never have had a subsequent role as WW after this movie. Everything that made her adorable, lovely, and intoxicating from WW2017 is completely absent in this movie. In WW2017, she just was naive, gorgeous, sweet, endearing, innocent, and a fucking beast. Like how she just wanted to go kill Ares, she wanted to face the war, she was fascinated with ice cream and babies, etc. She just was a true angel. In this, it's all fucking absent. She's just a pretty girl, but NONE of what made her special is in this movie at all. Not one thing.

If angels existed, they would look like Gal Gadot in that gold armor.. Holy fucking shit. The fight scene there with Cheetah was actually great, especially when you see the view from Gal's POV when you can see Cheetah through the gaps in the armor. And Cheetah looked totally fine.

Kristen Wigg - very pretty, versatile, did totally fine. No complaints here.

Chris Pine - Fantastic, looks old. Truly like him as an actor, great charisma, when's the next Star Trek coming out?

Pedro Pascal - Sure, the Mandalorian is a good enough TV show, particularly those who are scarred from the really bad episodes 7-9. But, he fucking sucks in this. He's weak. Just shit.

The movie, ridiculous. In Wonder Woman 2017 we get a defined premise. There are gods, Wonder Woman knows she has to kill Ares to end a great war. She has a plot, an arc, and a goal. The movie literally ends when she completes her goal that we knew from almost the first second of the movie. This movie.. What the fuck is the plot? What is her goal? Who is the real bad guy? More than halfway through, and Dr. Minerva hasn't been revealed as a villain, the other guy is just giving away wishes. It's fucking stupid.

The scene that we saw in the short preview clip where she slow motion runs, that was actually ok, and the running didn't look so bad in the final cut. Also, we learn she was losing her powers, so some of her struggles made a little sense, I suppose.

The boss fight at the end, fucking weak. And then Mando turns into Storm, LOL. Wonder Woman defeated by 25mph wind. The rest of the movie from then on, just made no sense. Just terrible.

Final score: 4-5/10. I found this boring, and honestly kind of terrible. I've seen many more low budget, "indie" movies, or TV series that I've liked way, way, way more than this. What a truly disappointing sequel. Things like Archenemy, Freaky, The Dark and the Wicked, truly low budget movies, they were all so much better than this. I think I can say this fucking sucked. I am going to rewatch it again tomorrow to see how I feel about it. For Batman v Superman, I hated it at first but now I love it, but that was because of choppy editing, but nothing remotely like the problems with this movie.... ..... They had a fucking year from the original release date to tweak this movie. Really no excuse.. Jenkins got lucky with Ww2017.

• 1Barf

Sterling

El Presidente
I liked the 2017 movie fine, but I don't get how hyped people are about it. It's basically a pretty decent origin movie with a completely shit final act with a fight scene right out of a badly translated video game. Thor with boobs!

• 2Like

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
So the whole world almost ends in the most 80s way possible, and like everyone forgets in the future movies? There is no way there are not long term effects to the conclusion of this movie...

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
So the whole world almost ends in the most 80s way possible, and like everyone forgets in the future movies? There is no way there are not long term effects to the conclusion of this movie...
Learns to fly, doesn't fly even 36 years later...

• 2Like

Mazim

Golden Knight of the Realm
Its basically free to me, and I still didn't make it more than 20 minutes in. To bad too, cause the original Wonder Women was really good.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
HBO has been giving out fuck tons of trials in everything, like pretty much anything you buy from best buy in the last few weeks gives a 14 day HBO max trial

Yeah, right now if you have AT&T for Internet or Wireless you apparently also get HBO Max. They're desperately trying to get those numbers up there....