Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I like how at the end the dude doesn't know she fucked him while he was unconscious

My wife made a comment about how he would be pissed if he knew. I told her, no, he'd probably be cool with it. Especially if he had cameras set up in his house. Plus, it looks like he's got a shot with her.

Wait a minute, so that jet they got into was supposed to be a display piece at the Smithsonian?

My take on it was that she had a secret lair in the back of the smithsonian where she kept the plane trevor stopped to gawk at (assuming that was his plane but my memory is shit so I'm not sure) and those jets that she used.

WW has always been able to fly. With or without the jet. Well, maybe not always, but for sure in the 80s and 90s comic books.

Well that would explain it. I have always hated comic books. My exposure to superheroes is only in movies, cartoons, and TV shows.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
power creep like Superman, etc.

"faster then a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings, stronger then a locamotive"
"faster then the speed of light, able to fly, stronger then a black hole."

WW scaled up along with Superman to keep her on top of every other female superhuman. She can fly, because supergirl/powergirl can fly. Shes bulletproof now becuase they and others are bullet proof. WW is ALSO now faster then supergirl, powergirl, the flashes, etc too. Becuase WW can't not be the female, best at everything. Like Superman is the best at everything with powers, and Batman is just the best at everything, with or without powers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
One of the bigger plot holes is that PedroGenie go out of his way to mention you can only wish once, but Witt first wishes to be like Diana, then later wishes again to be an Apex predator hence we get the furries wet dream on screen.

I caught that too, but she supposedly reverses her wish on the plane during that conversation. Several parts of the movie just expect you to fill in a lot of stuff on your own. The stuff it does explain is done so in 5 words or less and you can miss it or it never explains it at all. I just think its nutty that you cant criticize this movie anywhere without people thinking you're being anti-girl power or something.

I didn't catch that she renounced her wish, but it would explain why WW was able to knock her out. If she had all of WWs powers as a base PLUS the apex predator stuff she shouldn't have been able to hurt her with water and electricity without also hurting herself.

But yeah I think the official story is that lord powered her up by taking things from people who wished, not as a separate wish. Where that falls apart is, who the fuck had leopard fur and claws for him to take as payment for their wish? Were cats wishing for their owners to die? That's actually totally believable. Cats are assholes.

people would be shitting all over the movie if they had to pay $15+ for it and make the trek out to theaters.

If I didn't have the option to spend $30 and go to an empty theater I wouldn't have even seen it yet. We have HBO max but we can never seem to find time to watch movies at home. This was the best movie experience I've had in years. I fucking hate people and they didn't sell the seats on either side of us so there was plenty of buffer. Normally we have to wait a month to see a movie like this with this light of a crowd and even then it's not guaranteed that some asshat won't sit right next to you.

Caliane

Man of Steel is a guilty pleasure of mine (mainly because of Faora). Lois was miscast though.
idk if overall she was really miscast. but, its infurating to me, she refused? to dye her hair.

Imagine casting Superman, and the actor dyes their hair strawberry blond and refuses to change it? wtf.

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
power creep like Superman, etc.

"faster then a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings, stronger then a locamotive"
"faster then the speed of light, able to fly, stronger then a black hole."

WW scaled up along with Superman to keep her on top of every other female superhuman. She can fly, because supergirl/powergirl can fly. Shes bulletproof now becuase they and others are bullet proof. WW is ALSO now faster then supergirl, powergirl, the flashes, etc too. Becuase WW can't not be the female, best at everything. Like Superman is the best at everything with powers, and Batman is just the best at everything, with or without powers.

Yeah DC has always had problems with power levels.

lol. So we got some stock photos of successful 80's businessmen and Trump was one of them. MAX LORD WAS BASED ON DONALD DRUMPH!!!!!!11111!!1one!!11 If you ask me, pedro's character looks more like Limbaugh with hair than Trump. I bet he was on their vision board too.

What I learned from the article is that max lord was an established character in the comics which makes it an even bigger joke that people are trying to say he's trump.

Caliane

Yeah DC has always had problems with power levels.

lol. So we got some stock photos of successful 80's businessmen and Trump was one of them. MAX LORD WAS BASED ON DONALD DRUMPH!!!!!!11111!!1one!!11 If you ask me, pedro's character looks more like Limbaugh with hair than Trump. I bet he was on their vision board too.

What I learned from the article is that max lord was an established character in the comics which makes it an even bigger joke that people are trying to say he's trump.
lol. they both do it. quicksilver went from, fast, to like 350mph, to 10k mph. hes still not faster then the speed of light, like the flash.. but hes edging up...
scarlett witch, bad luck magic.... reality warping on an interdimensional level..
jean grey. mild telekinisis... I AM AM THE PHEONIX devourer of worlds...
ice man. im made of ice... i am ice incarnate, can destroy the Earth.
hulk. strong, mean, green. i am immortal, rage incarnate, smartest being on Earth, heal 10x faster then Wolverine.
Wolverine. guy with knives sewn into his outfit... knives in his hands, can regen in a few weeks. can regen in a few days.. can regen in seconds.. can regen instantly. can regen instantly from atoms..

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
maybe they are able to fast track WW3 because its going to be some quick and dirty green screen flick in the style of Mandolorian, but crappy because its DC.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Were cats wishing for their owners to die? That's actually totally believable. Cats are assholes.

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
people would be shitting all over the movie if they had to pay $15+ for it and make the trek out to theaters. since you can watch it at home over multiple days in your underwear everyone is a bit more forgiving. I HATED Birds of Prey because I saw that stupid fucking movie in theaters and it sucked ass, but WW84 doesn't piss me off, its just disappointing.

its also the business case why this is the future. Netflix, Disney+, etc don't have to make AMAZING content to get my monthly sub, just enough to justify paying a sub fee. To make big bucks in the box office, you have to keep cranking out good stuff and every business would prefer a revenue stream that is solely dependent on output, not quality. Attempts, not success.
Birds of Prey was so boring even watching it at home, it still pissed me off that I paid to rent it. I watched the whole thing hoping there'd be some payoff besides the bank scene, and noooope, 2 hours of my life just fucking gone.

WW84 didn't annoy me, though the nothing burger tastes the same.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I just realized ... WW84 ripped off the plot of the movie so bad that they literally refer to the plot they stole from the entire movie, lol.
M

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I just realized ... WW84 ripped off the plot of the movie so bad that they literally refer to the plot they stole from the entire movie, lol.
M

Do you mean monkeypaw? Because that's not what monkeypaw was. This wish totem took your most precious thing as payment. The Monkeypaw just corrupted your wish.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Do you mean monkeypaw? Because that's not what monkeypaw was. This wish totem took your most precious thing as payment. The Monkeypaw just corrupted your wish.

How long are you going to suck WW84’s dick for? Kidding

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
WW has always been able to fly. With or without the jet. Well, maybe not always, but for sure in the 80s and 90s comic books.
I haven't been on the board much during the holidays visiting my kids, but I'm catching up on this thread and yes, WW has been flying for a while. The jet shows up almost as a tongue-in-cheek "yeah we know, it's silly" kind of nod.

I never knew the real reason, but I always assumed the jet was there just to explain how she flies.

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
How long are you going to suck WW84’s dick for? Kidding

If she has a dick I'll suck it.

But until they make a garbage WW by DC standards. Much as anyone wants to shit on it, they have to admit its still in the top tier of DC movies.

j00t

Well that would explain it. I have always hated comic books. My exposure to superheroes is only in movies, cartoons, and TV shows.
She flew in the 90's justice league cartoon all the time

• 1Like

j00t

idk if overall she was really miscast. but, its infurating to me, she refused? to dye her hair.

Imagine casting Superman, and the actor dyes their hair strawberry blond and refuses to change it? wtf.
Homelander

• 1Worf

Sterling

El Presidente
Time for a DCEU list!

1. Wonder Woman (not that it's particularly good, it's just that most of this list is dogshit, if it were a MCU movie it'd be around Thor2/IM2 range, which is bottom tier, but better than Captain Marvel at least?)
2. Shazam (Pretty dumb but fun movie)
3. Man of Steel (also not great but at least it's a coherent movie and did superhero combat in a way that I thought was very interesting. Also Faora.)
4. Aquaman (This was bad, but not as bad as what's upcoming)
Tied for 5th. Basically everything else (It's all shit, 1984 included)
Last. Catwoman. (Unlikely to ever lose this spot!)

Last edited:
  • 1Like