Woodworking

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The radial arm saw? Those are neat tools if you use them properly. The old use case documentation is written by sone hilarious evil genius.

Or did you mean the shaper he used to finish the cheeks? I think that was actually a giant router bit that looks like a blade.
This part. That bit just looks like a regular straight bit with no guide bearing. And I don't see anything guiding him parallel against the sides of the mortise.

Just kind of saying that I'd end up destroying the whole thing if I tried that (probably because I have tried lol).

1680557868174.png

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
This part. That bit just looks like a regular straight bit with no guide bearing. And I don't see anything guiding him parallel against the sides of the mortise.

Just kind of saying that I'd end up destroying the whole thing if I tried that (probably because I have tried lol).

View attachment 467224
I was responding to your reference of the tenon cutting saw.

Cool tools and a steady hand for sure.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Garage finally warmed up enough to start pouring the clear resin. Handful of oopsies along the way, but overall pretty happy with how it's going so far.

Just cut the text this evening. Going to fill these with pigment resin, then surface the whole thing down 0.05in, sand, and pour another clear layer.

I WAS planning on doing black for the text, but now I'm thinking pearl might look better. Any input?

Screenshot_20230403-173201.png
Screenshot_20230403-173223.png
Screenshot_20230403-173255.png
Screenshot_20230403-173322.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I WAS planning on doing black for the text, but now I'm thinking pearl might look better. Any input?
Is the river color final? A dark color works better with the light wood tone but it is an issue with areas where text and water overlap.

A darker grayish blue might work.

LACDBLUE19.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
What color is that one you posted Edaw Edaw ? I'm colorblind so I can't color match. I'd have to find a pigment that's close based on the name on the baggie :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, that's my only problem with the steel. It's a little too metallic.

I was thinking more like

Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 20-37-36 Blue Grey Mica Powder for Epoxy Resin 56g _ 2oz. Jar - 2 Ton...png

Does that steel come across pretty shiny or can you matte it at all?

EDIT: My lady friend uses the same powder to do her nails. I think it's all the same. Just resin.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
All of these are pretty sparkly, but I have more in the garage that are more muted. No grays I think, but maybe I'll mix some black in?