Woodworking

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I hope these are paid customer pieces. That figued wood (even if it's just veneer) is super expensive. Dude will go broke making pieces like that for himself :)

He's an ophthalmological surgeon; I'm sure he's fine. I asked what he did with the pieces and he said he gives them to friends/family because if he included the cost of his own time they'd be astronomically expensive even in the realm of high-end historical furniture. He's got hundreds of hours work in that first dresser I posted. This is all mostly done with hand tools and traditional methods.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Friend of mine just finished a project. Not my style, but... damn.

View attachment 453510
55b4244dba2626180452e60c8070f669.png

• 1Worf

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dude your friend has some serious skills.

Back almost 25 years ago I helped a buddy out when a hurricane came through and had knocked down 11 trees on his property. (His Mom's house, and his parents Antique shop and warehouses were also on the property. He was nbow running the Antique shop)

I started working there full time, first in the woodworking area, then moved to front of shop helping with sales, marketing, management and computers.

I got to do a lot of repairs on around 1800 and above furnature that was made on some of that style. God damn just repairs was a lot of fiddly touchy stuff for hours at a time. Building it out from scratch would have killed me.

Seriously that is some impressive work. Kudos.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
The intro to shop class back in HS was way more than enough of that shit to last a lifetime. This thread keeps getting new posts so I have to click it or click on mark all ready to keep this part of FOH clean in my browser. It vexes me.

• 1Worf

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
The intro to shop class back in HS was way more than enough of that shit to last a lifetime. This thread keeps getting new posts so I have to click it or click on mark all ready to keep this part of FOH clean in my browser. It vexes me.

Build your watch/ignore list: Can do by forum, thread, etc.
Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 14-29-37 Woodworking.png

Then click

Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 14-31-30 New posts.png

and set filters to watched/unread and you only see what you want to.

You can watch a forum and ignore threads, or ignore entire sections.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I read like 4 threads on this entire forum.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Supertaster
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I don’t have any woodworking updates. Just checking in on our boy moon moon. How’s life bro?

• 1Worf

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Only woodworking update for me is my own work and that I'll have to get busy on building that changing table! (I did start the other son's bed but it is slow with work travel).

1674853890772.png

• 5Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 5 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I bought a $30 soda blaster just to try cleaning this thing up. Didn't do shit. Will a nicer one have a chance at cleaning this up? Or different abrasive? Or am I going down the wrong rabbit hole?
Screenshot_20230128-130709.png
Screenshot_20230128-130719.png

• 1Like