WORLD CUP 2014 - BRAZIL

faille

Molten Core Raider
Grats Germany, worthy champions.

There's no way that a team containing, Messi, Aguero, Di Maria and Higuin that only scores 8 goals all tournament deserves to win.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I semi-take back what I said. I started watching again around minute 70 and enjoyed it well enough. Germany dominated the shit out of Argentina, but Argentina seemed like they were able to quickly move the ball into the German zone and get quick scoring chances. They just never made anything of it. But the Germans were just in complete ball control otherwise.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Congrats Germany.
This WC was not played very well overall but Germany was the best since the beginning imo...so,they deserve it.

Argentina? Only won 2 times, Videla and Maradona.

Bros, it's been fun. What a month of matches, really glad I tuned in early on and found a new sport to follow. Really a great thing to bridge the long, mostly empty summer before U.S. football starts.

Also, how cool is the stars above the national crest thing? Sick tradition there.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Super Bowl for me because I can actually watch the whole thing (except the half time show sometimes)...if I wasn't watching the LCS during this game I am not sure it would have kept my interest.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Why they wait this long to give the 2nd place team their medals is beyond me. Get the fucking show on the road.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
The Super Bowl is just one game. So the question is NFL Playoffs or World Cup? Which begs another question: which one do the Chargers have the best shot at winning?

The answer is neither.

So for our new soccer bros...

Super Bowl or World Cup?
There's a ton of nuance there, to be honest. Super Bowls traditionally have been shit games where the better team basically comes out and collects their Lombardi Trophy. Anticlimactic like Seattle vs. Denver this year. In the 2000s it's gotten better and there have been a few really tight games, pretty much all of the ones New England played in. But usually the best games in any season don't include the Super Bowl and no one is butthurt or shocked by it.

p.s. LOL @ the booing. Were they booing the FIFA guy or Dilma Rousseff?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Messi best player in the tournament???? Fucking give me a break. Rodriguez, Masch, Robben, Muller all better than Leo.

sebur

Bronze Squire
As a whole tournament I mean
To me it isn't a fair comparison as that would be more akin to the NFL Playoffs vs the World Cup. Either way I would still watch NFL over World Cup if both were on at the same time (even if it was regular season NFL games), but I also am in a city that has a playoff team/Super Bowl contender. That being said, let me watch it some more and understand it a little bit and I would certainly watch it over NBA/MLB. The whole diving shit really pisses me off though.

Seems adam12 beat me to it for the comparison.

sebur

Bronze Squire
BTW, who thought it was a good idea after these players are running for fucking ever to make them go up stairs to collect their rewards?