WORLD CUP 2014 - BRAZIL

Neki

Molten Core Raider
3 points to AnyoneButEngland YAAAS. BBC in mourning, another 2 games like this and we can start to enjoy this WC.
Dunno about you but I am already enjoying this world cup immensely

Didn't expect England to win today anyway. As I said a bit earlier, I even was surprised that they managed to score

Sharinel

Golden Squire
Dunno about you but I am already enjoying this world cup immensely

Didn't expect England to win today anyway. As I said a bit earlier, I even was surprised that they managed to score
Yes I'm not being fair I suppose, they waited for at least 20 secs into the very first game to mention 1966. Bitter and twisted Scotsman? Fucking right I am, I pay for this shit channel.
smile.png

Szlia

As a neutral, I would be very surprised if that english team does not beat Uruguay and Costa Rica. It's not like england ate a 5-1 playing like shit, it could very well have been a draw (notably that miraculous deflection by the italian defender in the first half that managed to both prevent a goal and not score an own goal) and there was a lot of offensive activity (that died down a bit near the end and precision became dubious, but it was very hot and very humid).

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
England has a good core of young guys going forward, but they need to cut the fat (aka all the old fucks that haven't ever done anything in an England kit) and move on. Italy was pretty boring, but did what they needed to do - Pirlo looked less tired at the end of that than any of the England players and he's 35. Effortless.

This has genuinely been as good an opening weekend for the World Cup as I can ever remember - really looking forward to watching the birthday boy (Yaya) and his elephant friends next. Hope Aurier starts, never seen him play.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Oh last thing - thought Jagielka/Cahill were pretty good, their rb and lb were utter shit though.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
Nothing. Rooney is just woefully out of form at the moment. And they do need to cut the deadwood but the media (and the FA who need the shirt sales) would throw a fit.

colossalFISH

Silver Knight of the Realm
Wilshere was shit when he came on. As was Barkley. Meh. At least it was a decent game.

AND PLEASE NO MORE GLEN JOHNSON. Thank you.

Szlia

About Rooney: Good thing he was not the one that delivered the brilliant cross that lead to the goal then! I am not sure what is worse: english media or english 'fans'.

PKS

N00b
szilia; mostly the English media. Unfortunately I receive the daily mail every day here and for the last few weeks there has been an article regarding Rooney every single day without fail, and I mean this without exaggeration... Sometimes up to 4 articles in 1 paper, mostly average 2 to 3. Why? Well, apparently he's the only guy who plays for England and the only guy who is worth debating whether or not he should play.

But then again, the 'fans' you refer to are just the ABU which makes up the majority of the nation, the same that gave no fucks when the best English midfielder of all time (Scholes) retired early to pave the way for likes of Lampard in middle with Gerrard.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Some great stuff tonight by Japan, but the instant Drogba came on space seemed to open up for CIV. This has been the absolute best first 3 days of the World Cup I've ever seen - not even close. Been fucking awesome.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, apart from the crappy time zone, it's been awesome so far.
Hard to believe how many teams haven't been able to defend their lead after scoring first.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
I read every post in this thread with an english accent, making it a hell of a lot more entertaining.