WORLD CUP 2014 - BRAZIL

Neki

Molten Core Raider
I dunno Brando, I really dunno.

I mean, undoubtedly, the guy is probably the best striker in the world at the moment and is excellent to watch when he is playing well.

But this is getting really really bad for himself and for Liverpool.

I am trying to imagine if someone like he was playing for Spurs, how would I feel. Obviously brilliant but man, he is dragging his reputation through the mud along with bringing an intense spotlight on the club he plays for. It's going to be another circus surrounding him over the summer and on.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I think my favorite part is the Uruguayan player running by trying to pull Chiellini's shirt back up over his shoulder to cover the bite marks

You see what you want to see, looks to me more like he went to headbutt him and then missing just came down with the top of his mouth where these 2 are actual biting motions. I'm not defending his actions at all, more just concerned with where this is going to leave my favorite soccer team and their chances for the title this year.
Yes the more likely story is he that he accidentally ran his open mouth into his shoulder while attempting to head butt him. lol man really

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I think my favorite part is the Uruguayan player running by trying to pull Chiellini's shirt back up over his shoulder to cover the bite marks
yeah, I noticed that as well. It's like he somehow knew Suarez had gone all loco again
smile.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Yes the more likely story is he that he accidentally ran his open mouth into his shoulder while attempting to head butt him. lol man really
lol.

I think this will be thoroughly elucidated. From the angle of
bite.gif

It looks like he is clearly opening his mouth to bite. Hopefully someone got a shot from the front angle.
w=588;h=375;156838.jpg

Neki

Molten Core Raider
You know it's world wide news when even Tuco who has no interest in soccer is talking about it.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>

Didn't say it was an accident at all, I'm sure it was on purpose. Like I said I care more about how this is going to affect LFC especially when we're going to be even better this year vs. last.

Jovec

?
Hopefully someone got a shot from the front angle.
There is another angle, but in that one it appears more like a headbutt. They never showed a third angle in the game AFAIK.

bite2.gif.gif

Chiellini has clear bite marks though, unless someone things he was previously bitten and Suarez happened to bite/butt that exact area purely at random.

An Italian player (#5) also gave Suarez a generous shove in the back about a minute before the bite, which could have given rise to his action. But that shove probably happens 20 times a game.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
It really depends on whether FIFA issue an international or complete ban.

If it is international then that wouldn't really affect Liverpool as I can see Rodgers standing by him even with what he did. Your manager knows how important he is to the club so he will condemn his actions but still stick by him.

If it is a complete lengthy ban from football (i.e. 1 year+) then well, who knows.

This is the third time he has done it so are you confident he won't do it again?

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Ban him, period. Forever. And ever. Hallelujah, hallelujah. Amen.

Seriously? Third time biting? Fuck that shit. He's a turd. You aren't allowed to do that in preschool, and you can get kicked out of preschool for that behaviour. If you're doing it as an adult, you're a waste of skin.

faille

Molten Core Raider
I get that biting is disgusting, but don't understand how people can think 10 games to year long bans are appropriate when career ending injuries, and even ones forcing players out for months still only get 3 matches. Especially from those perpetual hard men who do it over and over. Nigel de Jong kicks a player in the chest and gets a yellow card!

Neki

Molten Core Raider
I get that biting is disgusting, but don't understand how people can think 10 games to year long bans are appropriate when career ending injuries, and even ones forcing players out for months still only get 3 matches. Especially from those perpetual hard men who do it over and over. Nigel de Jong kicks a player in the chest and gets a yellow card!
Oh man, I am having a strange sense of deja vu

Have we had this conversation before?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What would in your opinion justify a life long ban?

faille

Molten Core Raider
Match fixing, drug cheating.
Deliberately seriously injuring people. Roy Keane should have suffered a lifetime ban from football after he admitted as much.

Biting seems well down on the list of things done on the field that should be punished harshly, and anything beyond 5 - 10 matches seems excessive and out of proportion.

Xith

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think someone should knock all his teeth out... problem solved. In lieu of that, he should be suspended for the rest of the tournament, imo.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
People have lashed out with their feet since the game began, its football so you're going to get kicked. You get elbows flying when people jump for headers. Occasionally someone loses it and throws a punch or a headbutt.

I don't recall anyone ever biting someone before Suarez.

*edit* surprising scores in the second set of games