WORLD CUP 2014 - BRAZIL

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Match fixing, drug cheating.
Deliberately seriously injuring people. Roy Keane should have suffered a lifetime ban from football after he admitted as much.

Biting seems well down on the list of things done on the field that should be punished harshly, and anything beyond 5 - 10 matches seems excessive and out of proportion.
I know your island is full of cannibals and all, but ffs man. You don't fucking bite people.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Faille, you can't defend this. Seriously don't.

Biting?Biting? Not once, not twice, but three times?

It's disgusting, disgraceful and downright despicable.

It's even worse than spitting in your opponent's face. You would get banned for a long time if caught not just in soccer but in all other sports too and rightfully so.

Do that on the streets and you will get arrested and charged with assault.

Seriously. I can't believe we are having this discussion again.

faille

Molten Core Raider
You kick someone and deliberately break their leg on the street and you get charged with assault too. Do it on a soccer match and it's a three game ban.
I can't believe you condone people breaking legs or ending their careers.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Raping someone on the pitch wouldn't be career threatening so we'll just call that a 3 game ban, too.

Szlia

Group C is nicely poised for a waltz of qualified in the second half: Currently it's Columbia - Greece, but both C?te d'Ivoire and Japan are one goal away from going through.

As far as the biting thing, it's an assault. Just like a head butt or a punch. Except grown men don't bite unless it's to break a hold, so it should be looney bin trip for this guy.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Hahaha

notBigSam ?@TheBig_Sam 27s
Imagine Luis Suarez trying to bite Big Sam. His teeth crumble as they crack into pure Dudley-grazed muscle. Then he looks up. Then he dies
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Deliberate leg breaks, flying kicks etc aren't condoned by anyone. Biting though, is another level of vile behavior. 10 year olds don't bite when they're pissed off, if they did - they'd get smacked in the fucking mouth. You know who bites when they're angry? Mentally ill people like Mike Tyson and Luis Suarez. Trying to justify this is insane to me, but of course it isn't surprising. I'm sure within hours there will be donations on RAWK to get the guy a mouth guard because "the poor la can't help hisself!" The crazy thing is the amount of times its happened - just bizarre stuff from one of the elite players in world football.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
And back to the World Cup, I hope to fuck Greece don't make it through. What a boring, unimaginative side. Need CIV to score here.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Deliberately seriously injuring people. Roy Keane should have suffered a lifetime ban from football after he admitted as much.

Biting seems well down on the list of things done on the field that should be punished harshly, and anything beyond 5 - 10 matches seems excessive and out of proportion.
So exactly how many times does he have to bite someone for it to warrant more than a 10 match ban?

Maul

Dental Dammer

Lol get the blinkers off, He is a disgusting racist cheat who deserves a 12 month ban at least.

Very few players regularly stamp and kick other players (pepe?). Suarez is a player who regularly lashes out, not to mention the last two world cups where he has robbed a team of progressing by his disgusting cheating behavior.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
I am pretty sure that the rules changed so if someone goes with intention to break another person's leg in a soccer game, they can be banned for more than 3 games.

Roy Keane's incident was over a decade ago, things have changed since then and rightfully so.

If you really want to compare, how about Cantona's infamous kick? That earned him a 8 month ban if I can recall correctly and that was his first and only incident. What if he not only didn't learn from that but did the same thing another two times? He would have probably been banned indefinitely.

Hell, imo, Suarez's biting an opponent is even worse than Cantona's kung fu kick.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Faille, you can't defend this. Seriously don't.

Biting?Biting? Not once, not twice, but three times?

It's disgusting, disgraceful and downright despicable.

It's even worse than spitting in your opponent's face. You would get banned for a long time if caught not just in soccer but in all other sports too and rightfully so.
Im not so sure on that

rrr_img_69781.jpg

faille

Molten Core Raider
so biting an opponent is worse than kung fu kicking a supporter? Seriously?
I do like how now everyone who handballs is a cheat. And naturally can't mention Suares without bringing out the racist myth. Funny how good old John Terry doesn't have the same stigma attached to him.

Maul

Dental Dammer
so biting an opponent is worse than kung fu kicking a supporter? Seriously?
I do like how now everyone who handballs is a cheat. And naturally can't mention Suares without bringing out the racist myth.Funny how good old John Terry doesn't have the same stigma attached to him.
Now I really do know you're an idiot. John Terry is fucking loathed by everyone.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Serial biting should warrant a 12 month ban and no less. This isn't pre-school this is professional football. Does he have to bite someone's ear off for Faille to not defend the douche?

faille

Molten Core Raider
btw, I'm not defending or condoning what Suarez did, I just don't see how people see it as the worst thing a player can do and deserving of the harshest possible punishment.

Anyway, no point derailing the thread any more than it has been.
The Ivory Coast v Greece match is proving quite interesting. Greece having quite a few close chances on the counter attack to extend their lead but seems like they're on the back foot for the most part.

PKS

N00b
If Cantona kungfu'd some dickhead in the stands for a second time, he'd also get a lengthier ban than the first time.