WORLD CUP 2014 - BRAZIL

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Welcome aboard Tucbro.

Not sure what kind of steroids Gervinho has been on since leaving Arsenal, but he's been excellent this world cup. Great move by CIV. 15 min's left!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I get that biting is disgusting, but don't understand how people can think 10 games to year long bans are appropriate when career ending injuries, and even ones forcing players out for months still only get 3 matches. Especially from those perpetual hard men who do it over and over. Nigel de Jong kicks a player in the chest and gets a yellow card!
I don't really care but biting someone is both barbaric and a bitch move. The worst that'll probably happen to the 'victim' is that his m8s will take the piss out of him for getting bitten which is preferable to getting tripped and tearing your ACL. But it's still a crazy and irrational thing to do.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
What would happen if someone bit their opponent in MMA?
Well they probably wouldn't have any teeth to begin with if they weren't wearing a mouth guard. I guess if you spit that fucker out then go for the bite? That's some premeditated shit that would result in a serious ban.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What would happen if someone bit their opponent in MMA?
Mixed martial arts rules - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If it was a solid bite the offending fighter would have a point taken away (which generally means they'd have to knock the other fighter out or submit him).

If the bite was bad enough that a fighter couldn't continue the fight would be over and the biter would lose via DQ. (Evander Holyfield vs. Mike Tyson II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

What happens after that is largely politics and depends on the fighter and circumstances.

If the fight isn't stopped I don't know that much would happen. If the fighter won and people thought the bite had anything to do with the win there might be drama. If the fighter loses it's pretty much irrelevant.

If the circumstances were like in this WC game and the fight was stopped I'd expect a year suspension and fines commensurate with the salary the fighter makes. If the fighter was in the UFC and wasn't popular with management they could be permanently kicked from the UFC.

Tyson's bite was probably the worst possible thing you could do. He did it twice, tore skin off the man's ear, was belligerent the entire fight, swung at people after the fight, talked shit on his way out to fans etc etc. He was 'permanently' kicked out of boxing and fined 3 million dollars.

Note that I'm not saying that's what should happen here. I have no idea and don't care.

Szlia

Columbia fielded a B team too. But it's true that scoring first against a Japan that had to win means you will get a ton of opportunities for counter-attacks or at least for facing a smaller than usual defense.

And pure cruelty for C?te d'Ivoire, but overall it's Greece that had the most occasions in this match.

As for the penalty, Samaras certainly kicks the ground, but he had kicked Sio's leg before that. Sio was static though... tough call. I suspect it will be ambiguous after 10 slow-mo shots from 10 angles and the ref had one second to decide.

Elerion

N00b
Suarez is a fucking cunt. Jesus fuck, ruined my night. I was even cheering for Uruguay because of him up to that point, after his fantastic season with good behavior. It's a fucking disgrace if he plays another game in this WC.

I agree with Faille that I don't see why biting should be treated any more harshly than other deliberate highly violent actions though (fist to face, proper headbutt, malicious tackle aimed to injure, etc). They should all be 5+ game bans in my eyes. 10+ if they cause serious injury and 1+ years ban if they cause obvious permanent damage (Tyson bite, Keane tackle). More for repeat offenders.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
"best" anglehttp://a.pomf.se/phdzcy.gif

I don't know what was going through his head - all he was waiting on was FCB or RM to meet the release clause and he would get his chance to play in La Liga. Now, I'm sure their executives are thinking twice - all his efforts of good behaviour down the drain.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
phdzcy.gif
You see what you want to see, looks to me more like he went to headbutt him and then missing just came down with the top of his mouth where these 2 are actual biting motions.
Haha. Sorry Brando.