World of Tanks

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Been that way for a long time now. First page/general page of settings in the lower left, disable chat.

If you don't like TK's stay off the test server. If you don't have a _RU tag you won't last 2 minutes in a match normally. They wonder why testing sucks, nobody outside of Russia is allowed to test because they TK all people with the _RU tag (and they add _NA to you automatically) and they disabled automatically booting you if you TK etc... Also the unlimited gold ammo on test means there's no balance testing at all.

I picked up a T-54 Prototype to make more credits. I normally play tier 8-10 mostly and it was starting to add up. I wasn't losing money but I have a hald dozen or more tier 10 tanks researched that I never bought.

Anyway. After two weeks apparently it really fits my play style. I have a 72% win rate in it. The gun is almost the same as the T44, just less accuracy and more reload. But apparently my play style revolved around getting shot. I rack up steel walls quite often in it.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
What the fuck at people right now. I swear to god every random is a 6 year old.

Borzak

Did a 3 person T95 platoon go hill on Fjords from the south? Happened to me this week.

Borzak

Check out this video. Guy shoots tank at one end of airfield. It ricochets and goes sky high. He winds up killing hidden arty ALL THE WAY across the map with that round.

Crazy shit. I didn't know they actually tracked bounces other than it didn't pentrate.

The important part starts at 0:59

VariaVespasa_sl

shitlord
There are clips of ricochet kills in the RNG series of videos forinstance. I fired across prohkorovka at the side of a 4502 and he backed up as I fired and my shot ricocheted off his front and hit the friendly he was fighting that I was trying to save. My contribution was not considered entirely helpful... :p

You can see an incoming arty shell glance off the side of an E-100's turret and hit the Maus 30 yards behind it in this episode, forinstance. (about the halfway mark)

its not just shells, when you blow a turret off a tank then it can hit and destroy other tanks too, there should be some RNG videos out there

VariaVespasa_sl

shitlord
The second kill in the RNG I posted is a flying turret kill.
smile.png

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Fv 201 a45 is ok, I kind of like it. Any thoughts on it? Feels like a British tiger, dpm paper heavy with high hp. Can't sneeze at a conq/215b crew trainer that isn't complete shit for $15 though.

Borzak

Yeah I love games with 6 on each side and apprently a majority of them have never driven a heavy tank.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
OK NEXT TANK POLL!

I have enough credits to get another tier 10 right now. I currently have STB-1, Leopard 1, E-100 and the BC 25t. I can grind out the rest of the exp over the next couple of week(s) for one of the following:

T-57 Heavy
WF E-100
E-50M
Obj 430
Obj 140
T62-A
FV215B
FV4202
Conq GC (kind of close to FV3805 so I'll toss that in here)

I'm still leaning to one of the Rusky Meds, though the E-50M pubstomper isn'tawful.

DiddleySquat

Bronze Knight of the Realm
T-62A is my favorite tank. Nearly impenetrable turret, amazingly low ground resistance, excellent aim time, great fire rate and accurate when firing on the move.
Object 140 is almost identical, so also a great tank.

VariaVespasa_sl

shitlord
Waffle, T-62 or the CGC, depending on taste and whether or not youre doing the personal missions. (CGC is probably highest priority for missions, followed by the waffle)

Borzak

T-57 is fun but it's really situational. Lots of people expect you to play as a heavy and don't udnerstand the concept of having to reload and minimal armor etc...

Personally I would lean toward the T62.

Borzak

I should lag more often. I averaged 300 ping this match. 5 kills. I think the other team was confused I kept running around in circles lol. I kept thinking stick in it long enough for ping to clear up, never did. I was one of 3 tanks that lived lol. It took 3 shots to get the last 15% of arty due to lag.

Victory!
Battle: Sacred Valley
Vehicles: T-54
Experience received: 3,570 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 61,770
Battle achievements: Steel Wall, Mastery Badge: "I Class"