World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have never watched Asmongold before, I really don't watch any yt/twitch personalities at all for any game at all. I hate that entire "thing".

His video linked above is very good though about BFA.
If you watch his stream he's a shitbag but what people don't get is that's just his persona. He's actually a smart and coherent individual. Also he's super knowledgeable about the game - he can look at 99% of pieces of armor and immediately tell you where they came from. It's sort of amazing.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
If you watch his stream he's a shitbag but what people don't get is that's just his persona. He's actually a smart and coherent individual. Also he's super knowledgeable about the game - he can look at 99% of pieces of armor and immediately tell you where they came from. It's sort of amazing.
It's literally borderline autist his knowledge of where gear comes from. His opinion of tmog aside, can be pretty entertaining to watch the tmog comp videos.

xzi

Mouthbreather
More transmog to chase maybe? Most MMO's these days tend to devolve into the endgame really being about fashion, and WoW is no different for the majority of the playerbase now. Playing just for mogs and mounts.

The thing is, they even made that not enjoyable anymore. Legion mog running was a godly time for mog and mount runs. I had 168% movespeed on my paladin, on top of bear tartare which made that like 220% so it became not only efficient, but I actually started timing my runs to challenge myself to see how much faster I could get during them. I was essentially speed running molten core on my paladin in under 6 minutes and could have definitely gotten to about 5 minutes if I brought goblin gliders. (before they nerfed them in raids)

People complain that the move speed sets were too imba in pvp and maybe so if I was bursting very low leveled geared people but it was an extremely unoptimal build and wouldn't stand a chance against anyone even in normal gear vs me being mythic geared. So they nerfed the move sets, you can only get +3% more movespeed from azerite, and they nerfed bear tartare from like 70% to 8% and completely killed one of the last things I truly enjoyed farming in this game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dalien

Registered Hodor
The thing is, they even made that not enjoyable anymore. Legion mog running was a godly time for mog and mount runs. I had 168% movespeed on my paladin, on top of bear tartare which made that like 220% so it became not only efficient, but I actually started timing my runs to challenge myself to see how much faster I could get during them. I was essentially speed running molten core on my paladin in under 6 minutes and could have definitely gotten to about 5 minutes if I brought goblin gliders. (before they nerfed them in raids)

People complain that the move speed sets were too imba in pvp and maybe so if I was bursting very low leveled geared people but it was an extremely unoptimal build and wouldn't stand a chance against anyone even in normal gear vs me being mythic geared. So they nerfed the move sets, you can only get +3% more movespeed from azerite, and they nerfed bear tartare from like 70% to 8% and completely killed one of the last things I truly enjoyed farming in this game.

I pretty much just play to farm old raids and shit now, and yea the nerfs to some of these things has really ruined it (gliders, bear tartare). No legacy loot in Legion content sucks donkey dick and was a terrible decision; it's trivial to solo Legion dungeons for any class and a lot of the raid bosses are becoming soloable as well. I duo'd Tomb of Sargeras a few days back with a pal and our grand reward for killing Kil'jaedan was 26g each. Yeah fuck doing that again, I guess we'll come back in 2 years.

Also they touted legacy loot as this great thing they were adding but the end raid of WoD is cockblocked by a first boss that is impossible for most specs to solo (see: bear tartare nerf). The stat squish made those cannons so they die in 3 seconds if something hits them. Monks can do it with their taunt statue and I think a few other high mobility specs can handle it, but everyone else is fucked. You can bring a friend to help you beat it, but they'll have to leave when you get to Gorefiend because that fight bugs out and resets if there's two people there.

They really need to hire some legacy neckbeard farmer like Asmongold if they want to unfuck that part of the game right now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
This is Blizzard game design in a nutshell. "People are having fun outside of the parameters of fun we have designed, nerf it."

They should have embraced it. Add more ways to boost move speed (especially for Engineers, Rogues and Demon Hunters) and more ways to restrict movement speed (especially for Hunters, Mages and Death Knights) to balance it out.

Would be pretty cool for the Capture the Flag PvP Meta if you need to be somewhat prepared for people ninja'ing in.

xzi

Mouthbreather
The CTF pvp meta is a tank DH. If the other team has ones of those and you don't, good luck. In all honesty I'm surprised it hasn't been nerfed into the ground.

Legacy content is immediately irrelevant once you're one level above it, so I don't entirely get the need of making it harder to do. It's weird. Nerfing bear tartare and not even having any sort of replacement whatsoever is just on the long list of things of making the player stay online longer. I kind of am enjoying it on my shaman cause 150% ghost wolf works in old raids for now (it'll get nerfed I'm sure) but it's not really the same.

I agree with Asmongold though, I don't want to quit the game. They're making it harder for me to enjoy and I feel like I'm being forced to do other shit cause I'd rather just not deal with it. I don't need an excuse or a "we'll fix it later" I don't even need them to communicate to me, I just need them to change the systems that literally everybody hates, from method to my cousin who is one of the most casual, worst players I've ever played with on purpose. He doesn't keep up with drama whatsoever so he's not influenced, even he, who seemed to be blizzard target audience with all their nonsense changes, thinks Azerite armor is fucking stupid.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If anything, at least Asmongold's voice carries a bit more clout than RandomTimmyWindowLicker33 on the forums. Maybe they'll start to listen.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
This is my first time the warfront so got my 370 for the first now two 340s but I'm already over 340 i level so is there any reason to do warfront besides the one time for 370 or is there some cut off where it would give me something over 340?

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
The rewards from the warfront can warforge/titanforge if you have no need for i340 gear. You'll never get trinkets or rings from there, though.

The i370 reward quest will pop again when the warfront comes back around for your faction's turn. So two weeks from now, roughly.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There is no reason to ever do a warfront other then the 370 unless you seriously enjoy it. They take too long to be worth while. You are better off spamming +2 keys if you need lower ilvl stuff.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
thanks for info. I honestly have no idea how keys/mythic works this game does literally nothing to explain content. I may be the dummy in that I dont watch twitch or youtubers to "learn" how I should be playing. Other than a question to you guys now and again I just try to play the game.

I think mythics is the only piece of this expansion I haven't done, didn't pursue it earlier because my experience so far is that players are just unbelievably bad, been waiting on my two kids to catch up they are just wrapping up legion lvl range now.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Warfronts aren't bad for loot if you're a new level 120 and your other options are pretty wrecked. You definitely want to go to Arathi and farm the rares first, because anything that drops will be i340+ and you're bound to get something. After that, warfronts aren't too bad even after that initial quest run if your luck with Arathi rares was awful. Any loot you get then will have a lower chance of being repeats of what you already got from the rares if you got practically nothing.

Your main goal though is to bang that rare/warfront loot hard to get your base ilvl up before doing World Quests, because the higher your ilvl, the higher the WQ rewards will be. This is important because the WQs give out rings, which aren't available in warfronts/Arathi, and are a pain in the ass to get sometimes. Those and trinkets can really hold your ilvl down sometimes.