World of Warcraft: Current Year

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Why not pants? We used to do raids in vanilla where we had everyone take off their pants to make it arbitrarily harder for no reason but to say that we did. Also #nopants is a thing.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Why not pants? We used to do raids in vanilla where we had everyone take off their pants to make it arbitrarily harder for no reason but to say that we did. Also #nopants is a thing.

You nudists have been the downfall of every MMO since Meridian 59.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
This was a relatively good video, preach talking about being banned for 31 days for using the pots. He's not complaining about getting banned at all, but he is talking about how blizzard knew within hours about the exploit but not only didn't fix it for 2-3 days, they completely ignored every comment about it on the forums and twitter until finally fixing it. They still haven't given any official word on the whole thing.

He calls Lore out for being smug about the entire situation lmao.

His point though about the alchemy cauldrons in the world being exploitable completely ruining entire economies, not only was nothing done about it for like a full 5 days but they didn't issue any sort of punishment. I wish I would've taken advantage of it.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Of course they aren't going to talk about an exploit in the game that they haven't found a fix for. Every single person who did it knew exactly what they were doing. Still don't feel bad for a single one. Also think the bans are stupid but those guys knew the risk and took it. The Limit guys are probably the funniest. Pretty sure Blizzard just ruined Max's life.

xzi

Mouthbreather
You don't have to feel bad for any of them, none of them care either. Literally everyone I've seen get ban have just been like "I'm playing other games anyways"

But it's Blizzard, they should have told people directly when asked on both the forums and twitter that they shouldn't do it. Regardless, like I said the cauldron exploit had an actual real affect on entire servers (not that I'm complaining cause I got some flasks and pots extra cheap) and they've done absolutely nothing about it, the damage is already done sure but they've done nothing about it and it's happened at the exact same time as the xp pots happened.

What does leveling characters faster really affect the game? Cauldrons fucking crashed the AH on my server but it's fine whatever. But hey, some guy leveling 110-120 in 30 minutes better get rid of him.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The problem is their lack of consistency and almost entrapment like approach to stuff like this. The cauldron "exploit" is a different beast because anyone could argue that it was coded that way. People knew it probably wasn't intended but the argument could be made very easily that it was just coded that way and Blizzard lacked the foresight. It's a very nebulous grey area. The potion exploit was obvious and no argument can be made to the contrary.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The problem is their lack of consistency and almost entrapment like approach to stuff like this.
Imagine they are sports referees, then go one step further cause the ones calling penalties anonymously from the dark abyss of corporate will never be memorialized on Youtube.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
I hope this shit backfires on these faggots and a large number of banned accounts just straight up cancel and bail on these cocksuckers.

xzi

Mouthbreather
The problem is their lack of consistency and almost entrapment like approach to stuff like this. The cauldron "exploit" is a different beast because anyone could argue that it was coded that way. People knew it probably wasn't intended but the argument could be made very easily that it was just coded that way and Blizzard lacked the foresight. It's a very nebulous grey area. The potion exploit was obvious and no argument can be made to the contrary.

I don't see the separation of the two. Both are very clearly grey areas that you know you probably shouldn't be doing, but both were done and only one was punished.

It's definitely inconsistent with what they give a shit about.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why are y'all still playing this shit? At least heroin addicts have physical dependencies.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
Why are y'all still playing this shit? At least heroin addicts have physical dependencies.

giphy.gif

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I don't see the separation of the two. Both are very clearly grey areas that you know you probably shouldn't be doing, but both were done and only one was punished.

It's definitely inconsistent with what they give a shit about.

There was no way to know for sure what was intentional about the cauldrons. They functioned exactly the same way as quest spawn areas and herbalism/mining nodes. That is, the more people looting them the faster they respawned. Many things in the game function that way, on purpose. It probably wasn't intentional, but an argument could easily be made that there was no way to know.

The potion buff did not stack unless you unstacked the potions themselves. If you clicked a potion from a stack, then clicked another, you did not get an extra 10% stacking buff. Everyone knew, without a doubt, that this was a bug and they were exploiting said bug. There is a very clear difference between these two things.

That being said, I think it's stupid they banned people over it, and many similar leveling exploits/bugs have existed over the years without anyone ever getting punished for taking advantage of them. Which is why so many people readily abused it, and even streamed it.

xzi

Mouthbreather
The funniest thing about all the big named people that got banned are just like "yeah I don't really care and neither does my guild"

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If they don't reset the levels of the characters who used the potions, I'd gladly trade a 30 day ban for having all my alts capped lightning quick :D

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The funniest thing about all the big named people that got banned are just like "yeah I don't really care and neither does my guild"
Eh, I have seen a bunch being really upset because they can't participate in the MDI this season or next.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He calls Lore out for being smug about the entire situation lmao.

Since Lore hasn't been impacted by the recent layoffs it's either he's not paid at all or he's got blackmail material. He's know "Community Development", not "Community Lead" anymore, who knows what it really means but the guy looks like a tool and community feedback these last years is mediocre at best.

I don't really hate Ion, he's a Blizzard senior executive, but that fucking goofy guy should better not act smug regarding players feedback because he's obviously not playing the game he's in charge, and he'd better learn the fuck out of his job because community relations is probably 50% of WoW problems nowadays.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I actually don't mind Ion either, or Lore for that matter. But Lore making dumbass tweets is very obviously going to be meant with a poor reception. I don't care cause words don't bother me, but still.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Just tried to do a +11 underrot with a pug DH tank and despite him being 410 (I know it means very little, but it does mean damage) and giving him a 6 second head start until I started AOEing... we didn't even make it to the 2nd boss before half the group quit cause we kept wiping.

And then this stupid motherfucking retard goes "Sorry my mouse doesn't work so I can't move the camera" SO THE WHOLE TIME HE WAS KEYBOARD TURNING

WHAT YEAR IS IT

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user