World of Warcraft: Current Year

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Lady Ashvane appears to be giving them some problems. Maybe this won't be a 1 boss tier after all. One can hope.

I won't ever understand people who gauge raid tier satisfaction on how difficult it is for professionals to clear. It's gotten to the point where pro e-sports are ruining this game on multiple fronts. Raiding and M+ both suffer from e-sports "tuning". I guess that's what happens when there's money to be made.

Actually this isn't even a true e-sport. It's player manufactured and Blizzard just happens to employ a pompous dipshit who is bent on pushing back in the worst way possible.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
If I ran blizzard, I would do account closures to anyone who disseminated boss videos or boss strats.

Lot of the fun of Naxxramas race was that nobody knew shit about any encounter.

• 1Like

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe it's because nowadays there are people who need to have a constant feed of information while playing. People doing their Nazjatar dailies while watching a stream, farming Mechagon rares while watching a movie / TV show, listening a podcast or whatever. In my guild the 16-25 years olds never play WoW without listening / watching / checking something else at the same time. I called them the dual screen generation.

Regarding the Race ot World First, unless you're in for actual progress with your guild, there's no way you're gonna camp 20-100 hours mainly watching some guild chain wiping on some boss unless there's an actual competition going on, or if they're near clearing the last boss. It's tedious, has a lot of downtimes and there's no real incentive.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
I would just prefer a raid tier where we progress on each boss, rather than spend 99% of our time on 1 boss.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There's plenty of bad guilds out there you can join where Progress is one Trash Pack at a time :)

xzi

Mouthbreather
I feel like blizzard has been doing really good at the difficulty of bosses ramping up each boss, but the last boss is always like an entire difficulty ahead of the rest of the raid which is weird to me.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It must be really hard balancing a new raid content for 99.9% of the WoW playerbase while giving bottlepissers a knack on.

Right now I don't think the raid progress model is an outrage: casuals get the LFR tour, semi-casuals get NM, HM and could tickle some mythic bosses after a while, serious raider get mythic progress and top 1% get to shit on anyone, farming split raids, running islands and having 1-4 characters on edge.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
It must be really hard balancing a new raid content for 99.9% of the WoW playerbase while giving bottlepissers a knack on.

Right now I don't think the raid progress model is an outrage: casuals get the LFR tour, semi-casuals get NM, HM and could tickle some mythic bosses after a while, serious raider get mythic progress and top 1% get to shit on anyone, farming split raids, running islands and having 1-4 characters on edge.

Of course trying to cater the game to 4 difficulties has exasperated the issue of mudflation, is catering to the 4-5 guilds who do this video game as a profession really good for the otherall health of the game?

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
RACE TO WORLD FIRST WE SHOULD BE PAID LOTS OF MONEY

Limit wiping on Mythic - 15k views
Asmongold talking about lore and farming Mechagon rares - 31k

Sorry these retards aren't going to get 7 figure salaries for playing WoW at a professional level no matter how hard they cry.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Of course trying to cater the game to 4 difficulties has exasperated the issue of mudflation, is catering to the 4-5 guilds who do this video game as a profession really good for the otherall health of the game?
Does Little League affect Major League baseball? Obviously not an apples to apples comparison, just the first thing that came to my mind.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
Does Little League affect Major League baseball? Obviously not an apples to apples comparison, just the first thing that came to my mind.

I would compare something like this more to PvP - the game is the same the rules are the same it's just the level of the competitors involved.

Thing is vs PvE in an MMO game yes Apples and Oranges comparison if increased items which effect the game have to drop from higher difficulty and according to Ion they need at least a minimum of 15 ilvl to feel the power levels between the difficulties having a 45-60 ilvl swing is part of the cause of crazy mudflation.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The ghuun kill had over 100k viewers. Don't be short sighted about.

Asmongold is just a personality that happens to be playing wow. The world first race is wow.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Tried to tune in earlier and was bored to tears within seconds, didn't help that terrible rap music was playing in the background.

xzi

Mouthbreather
The ghuun kill had over 100k viewers. Don't be short sighted about.

Asmongold is just a personality that happens to be playing wow. The world first race is wow.

Yeah, half of Asmongolds viewers don't even play WoW according to him and I honestly believe him based on chat. He is a twitch streamer, not just a wow raider. People watching the race are people that raid (or have raided). With exception. I bet Azshara gets 100k+ again extremely easily.

xzi

Mouthbreather
It was 90k, ans also ghuun had concurrent 150k at the end. Also the comparison is irrelevant since only like 400 people were in the beta at the time vs the million(s?) that want to play it

Like yeah, Seagull from OW also had 80k viewers during the beta because blizzard refused to give out more keys

Yeahs73

Trakanon Raider
So after playing at release of bfa with a DH and then hanging it up after hitting 120. I decided to give it another shot and leveled up a rogue. Blasted through original BFA content and now I'm getting owned Nazjatar like 2nd quest can't kill the mob. I guess I need to run dungeons to gear up better or I probably just suck at being a rogue.