World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
AAs, Artifact Power, same thing. Seems fine. Definitely better than Azerite Armor.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
If this leak is true almost every horde city has gotten raided. First Undercity when we had to reclaim it back from the Apothecary. Then there was the Siege of Orgrimmar and now maybe Thunderbluff? What next in 9.0/10.0? Fall of Silvermoon? C'mon.....

Last edited:

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
If this leak is true almost every horde city has gotten raided. First Undercity when we had to reclaim it back from the Apothecary. Then there was the Siege of Orgrimmar and now maybe Thunderbluff? What next in 9.0/10.0? Fall of Silvermoon? C'mon.....
Silvermoon was raided in Warcraft III, so it already happened.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Darnassus was destroyed and Stormwind was wiped out in Warcraft 1. Ironforge is the only place that hasn't been fucked with.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I haven't played really since MoP.... why would silvanas attack the tauren in thunder bluff? Are tauren not part of the horde anymore? If so why does the horde put up with her? Why is she not dead yet? Macguffins? Just a tldr is fine I dont really give a shit. Just curious.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
We honestly have no idea, all the BFA lore about Sylvanas makes zero sense.

Why did Zuljin make her Warchief? He doesn’t know, something be fucking up his mojo.

Saurfang and Baine have been undermining her at every opportunity since the war began.

Nothing she has done has been explained of ever given reason, the burning thunderbluff shit is still kind of there with no rhyme or reason it’s basically just Thrall and Jaina going Sylv is gonna blow up Thunderbluff which really feels out of place and beyond stupid but here we are.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Rumor was that this whole BfA plot came about because people rejected the "void lords" storyline idea. So they threw his together, and keep meeting more backlash.

xzi

Mouthbreather
The leak is whatever but the more interesting bit is the old world revamp. They've already started doing that mostly with warfront revamps.

But does anyone remember Uthers tomb being revamped and nothing has come of it still? It's bizarrely out of place in EPL in terms of architecture, etc. That's why my bet is still on a lich king 2: electric boogaloo because surely this has to turn into something.

• 1Rustled

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So after playing 8.2 for a couple of weeks and messing around with it I have to admit I do miss playing WoW. Overall after giving it a chance this patch seems pretty good, although there are still a mix of some horrible elements of design.

So I guess I should start with the positive. The two new zones are amazing visually, this is something Blizzard has always been pretty good with, there are many reused models that that get a little redundant but that's to be expected. There are a ton of rares, different secrets, and things to discover.

It's very easy to make gold with this patch, I have made roughly 1 million in raw gold profit over the last 3 weeks with a default TSM profile. At the same time trade skills are pretty fucking worthless for the most part, people are crafting and selling shit for less than the raw materials. Trade skills in current WoW are in the most worthless state I think they have ever been in.

The benthic / catch up gear is nice but it feels way overboard. So I had quit during 8.0 and had a mix of Heroic/Mythic level Uldir gear. All completely worthless in every way. Heroic dungeons drop 385, Mythic 0 is 400 base, some people might enjoy this but I really feel like Blizzard does themselves a massive disservice by invalidating everything aside from the current patch. There is no reason to run any of the other raids from this expac and I don't see how anyone can view that as a net positive. Everything is here and now. You are either in the current 6 month season of the game or not at all.

The new zone Mechagon was pretty fun. Since there are only 1-2 people who even log into the FoH guild on retail I ended up pugging everything I tanked the new zone in pretty much ilvl 400 gear and it was fine. Although I didn't do the hard mode run for the mount.

The Eternal Palace seems fun but again from a pug perspective I have only done 7/8 Normal so far. I parsed 80-90% as Arms though most of the fights and 1-2 shot pretty much every boss up to Azshara with ease so normal feels under tuned but with the 4 difficulty levels I am not surprised. Azshara is a big step up from the previous bosses though so it feels like a pretty big cut off. Then again I was in an all Spanish speaking Pug with no voice communication so results may vary a lot.

The game is just so solo centric, even in the new zones there is hardly a reason to interact with other players. There is little reason to be in a guild aside from the most cutting edge of content. While Naz and Mechagon are both cool places it seems like the game is just collection for the sake of collection. Mounts, Toys, Rares got to get them all.

The quests are fine but have a real problem with turning into chores. Certain items to upgrade your essences are gated behind once per day acquisitions like the Oscillators in Mechagon, it really sucks if you want to build up an alt or in some cases even an offspec although Bliz did at least nerf the numbers you need for off specs now. There have been more than a few times already where the daily grind irritates me and I wish they could come up with a better system.

The M+ system is still tedious and unfun, it really feels like such a step back from Legion. I don't know if it's just the way the affixes are, or if it's the trash levels + the timer but goddamn does it feel so tedious.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Pretty good time to make some gold to pay for your subscription so that way when Classic hits, you don't spend out of pocket. Making money in Classic will be a struggle for a lot of people.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
I'm finally getting burnt out on all the daily shit in this game now. I've stopped doing wqs and most of the dailies and the game is a lot better, even if I start falling behind I don't care anymore. But in general I'm not really a fan of the 2 new zones. I'm probably just gonna raid & log out this tier. Maybe spend some time playing an alt or 2, idk.

I wish they would make weekly caps rather than enforcing dailies. I would much rather spend a few hours on a Saturday or Sunday knocking shit out for the week over them trying to force me to log in every day to do the same fucking quest I did yesterday. I'd still be subbed so idk why they place so much importance on logging in everyday.

• 1Like

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
The leak is whatever but the more interesting bit is the old world revamp. They've already started doing that mostly with warfront revamps.

But does anyone remember Uthers tomb being revamped and nothing has come of it still? It's bizarrely out of place in EPL in terms of architecture, etc. That's why my bet is still on a lich king 2: electric boogaloo because surely this has to turn into something.

EPL??? It's in WPL. I don't know why the proper location triggered me, too addicted I guess.

• 1Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
I have to agree, new dailies in the 2 new zones are just uninspired, boring, and just feel like a chore. I have no desire to login and do them, I don't even have flying yet because of this. They made most of the dungeon content useless so it's pointless for me to even to go back and do it. You only have 3 options now, dailies, pvp, or mythic/raid. With not a whole lot of new content to feed on, you can easily burn out in a week. Trade skills are pointless, except maybe enchanting/alch. I was looking for another profession and it's basically blacksmithing for the follower item, or inscription for rep. What happened here? This is the first time I've played in a couple expansions and so pet battles are new to me and honestly the only thing keeping my wife and I entertained. Once we break that, I think it's gonna go downhill fast. Can't wait for classic.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I'm finally getting burnt out on all the daily shit in this game now. I've stopped doing wqs and most of the dailies and the game is a lot better, even if I start falling behind I don't care anymore. But in general I'm not really a fan of the 2 new zones. I'm probably just gonna raid & log out this tier. Maybe spend some time playing an alt or 2, idk.

I wish they would make weekly caps rather than enforcing dailies. I would much rather spend a few hours on a Saturday or Sunday knocking shit out for the week over them trying to force me to log in every day to do the same fucking quest I did yesterday. I'd still be subbed so idk why they place so much importance on logging in everyday.

The sad part is it’s conditioning. I am sure there is some bean counting faggot somewhere that can prove statistically doing the same thing repeatedly everyday vs every week keeps X% of paying customers engaged longer. It is no longer about what’s fun or healthy for the game or players. You get a daily dose of the Fear of Missing Out effect.

You didn’t get your Ossilator today it’s now gone forever, also you are now behind and are letting down your raid team.

What’s funny is Mark Kern was talking about this egg timer effect they learned about in EQ which was when you half player progress on a timer they come to resent the game played. They will for a time set the timer and do the chore because it is the most efficient use of their time, but once they realize what they are doing all enjoyment is lost and they are far more likely to quit.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
M+ is the best thing about wow so far.
This is true but only for legion

They took the fun out of it in BFA.

My favorite part of the week during Legion was Friday night post-raid bullshitting in M+ with the boys. A little cooldown from being a guild leader. That of which I was. A guild leader, that is.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
This is true but only for legion

They took the fun out of it in BFA.

My favorite part of the week during Legion was Friday night post-raid bullshitting in M+ with the boys. A little cooldown from being a guild leader. That of which I was. A guild leader, that is.

This is what I was saying as well. I don’t know if it’s because they took the level 10 affix from legion and made then base in BFA or if it’s because of the shitty combos with poorly designed trash.

Sadly I didn’t play Season 2 and people said reaping was enjoyable and they gave you a small buff if you missed the timer just to finish it out. Something positive and fun. Instead this season is super aids with shit to prevent rogues from allowing you to skip. Everyone says it’s to alter routes for the MDI, well fuck you Ion I don’t want the dungeons designed around e-sport bullshit.