World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

joz123

Potato del Grande
Fortunately your homophobic fears are unfounded and there are many (and perhaps better) ways to get the BoP bloods that don't involve gathering professions.
In beta it is way slower if you don't have a gathering prof. You get 1 blood from most World Quests and maybe 2 or 3 from follower missions.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
So I just played the Alliance side of Broken Shores and then the Horde side. Lore-wise,
what I took away from it all is that the Horde is just a bunch of pussies? They're losing the battle so they just up and run away? Kind of disappointed. Doesn't really fit with the whole glory of battle/fight to the death thing they've always had going.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
In beta it is way slower if you don't have a gathering prof. You get 1 blood from most World Quests and maybe 2 or 3 from follower missions.

If you have enchanting/JC you can make jewelry out of the otherwise worthless green gems you prospect and then disenchant it for enchanting mats and bloods.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
So I just played the Alliance side of Broken Shores and then the Horde side. Lore-wise,
what I took away from it all is that the Horde is just a bunch of pussies? They're losing the battle so they just up and run away? Kind of disappointed. Doesn't really fit with the whole glory of battle/fight to the death thing they've always had going.
According to the lore, because she's undead, Sylvanas' soul is guaranteed to be eternally damned to some horrifically punitive afterlife if she's ever destroyed, no matter what she does or how she acts, so running away is pretty much a first resort for her.

Madsapper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Skulls on the map during phase 3 give 5-10 nethershards, buildings/crystals on the map do not based on a couple characters so far.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
According to the lore, because she's undead, Sylvanas' soul is guaranteed to be eternally damned to some horrifically punitive afterlife if she's ever destroyed, no matter what she does or how she acts, so running away is pretty much a first resort for her.

Yeah, it would make sense if it were only her, but the others seemed fine and dandy with it, too. Hell, it wasn't even her idea to do it. It just seemed kind of forced, is all. I still really liked the scenario as a whole, but I certainly felt more badass on the Alliance side.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
well for my new lock Im going to give enchanting/skinning a go for the start of the expansion.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
They need to move heirloom rings from the shit ass boatyard and put them on the heirloom vendor.

And add heirloom fist weapon and the old fishing ring, too.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
They need to move heirloom rings from the shit ass boatyard and put them on the heirloom vendor.

And add heirloom fist weapon and the old fishing ring, too.

Agreed on the shipyard rings. For now, just check out any chars with shipyard and clear any "rare" tagged missions that are up until they pop. There's a bunch in the rare pool and it includes Left Shark so make sure to clear it out. The ring quests are account wide and never pop again once you get them, so if you have more than one level 100 char checking you should be able to see all 3 show up probably within a week.

Heirloom fist was from brawler's guild, they said they had plans for it but I doubt they actually bring it back during Legion. Not sure why they disabled it instead of just leaving it there.

As far as the STV fishing tourney heirloom ring, they said they have plans to bring that back as a world quest.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Cinematics for doing the Broken Shore stuff is outta control awesome.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
To this day I fail to see why MMO's get rid of ways to get old gear. EverQuest has god knows how many items that were removed over time, much less the content. WoW following in its footsteps in this regard and I can think of a couple other MMO's that continue to do the same. Manastone made sense. It was just too powerful. But an heirloom ring? Why? Or what about Arcanite Ripper/reaper from Karazhan? Saw it drop less than a handful of times and have always wanted one - hell, a lot of people dont even know that it played a guitar rift. Much less do they know about it, period.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Cinematics for doing the Broken Shore stuff is outta control awesome.

Seriously, right in the feels. They have cinematics disabled on beta and I can't wait to see them for the rest of the zones. They gonna be good.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Heirloom fist was from brawler's guild, they said they had plans for it but I doubt they actually bring it back during Legion. Not sure why they disabled it instead of just leaving it there.

A lot of shit breaks with the huge mechanics/systems changes they do every expansion. The brawlers guild fights are heavily scripted with custom scripts and there's like 30 fights or something. This is purely speculation, but I imagine they discovered something dramatically broke and instead of spending time troubleshooting, they focused on Legion features.

We might bitch about them a lot, but Blizzard still consistently sets the height of the bar for other dev studios to meet. The WoW team has gotten way more tight lipped since Ghostcrawler went to Riot, but I give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to what they decide is quality enough to ship/keep in the game.

Malkav

French Madman
Sooo, was there a second ilvl680 ring during the DH starter experience? Because I have upgraded every single piece of gear during the thing, except for my second ring that is still the green starting shit.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
There's a 680 ring in a treasure chest in a cave next to Fel Lord Caza like halfway through the first DH zone, probably the one you're missing. You can get 700 rings from the invasion shit so just do that.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Sooo, was there a second ilvl680 ring during the DH starter experience? Because I have upgraded every single piece of gear during the thing, except for my second ring that is still the green starting shit.
If there is, I missed it twice too.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
There is, it was on a world boss north of the ring you go around doing those 3 quests before riding the bat up to the tower. I also missed it.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Varian went out like a boss.

Vol'Jin went out like a chump.

Shame, Vol'Jin was fucking awesome.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users