World of Warcraft: Current Year

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
i did LFR for valor last night and and my group had 9 DH in it (we had a 3 stack of the buff at this point) i was number 1 dps as a tank (im 710ish so i way overgear it), one of the DH at ilevel 690 was 2nd the rest were 10+ and had similar ilevel to the 690 that was 2nd.

some of this is just shitty players.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Yeah 150 for 5 ilvls right before the expansion is fucking dumb. I just bought jewelry and I need to buy another Glaive, having a handaxe ruins my immersion.

I don't even know how DH can pump out any DPS with only 2 talents and a handful of abilities.

Transmog your axe man. I got two of the things and no glaive.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I see your shocked face and raise you another 8 demon hunters in your raid/BG.
Oh yes I fully expect a lot of "determination" in any LFR I do until legion comes out. Unlike DK the demon hunters got released early and in a fashion where they for the next couple weeks literally cannot get even all their basic powers due to the talent gating let alone their artifact they are sort of designed around. It is nice that they let people get in and get a feel for them but DH are in a hella weird spot right now and are NOT going to work as effectively as other classes atm.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
To be fair the gliding around stuff looks way too fun and probably induces stupi-ditty.

Reasons and strong rationale for them being subpar isn't going to reduce anyone's frustration right now. Which is like my point n' shit.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Its a good time to hop into Heroic premades though, lots of 13/13m guilds are trying to farm heroic leather without having any other leather wearers around and usually have a few higher ilevel carries from the guild along. i did 3 heroic Archi's last night looking for a trinket (obviously just using seals on the 2nd and 3rd kill).

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yup in some respects they should have held demon hunters until launch of legion but this way they can bleed off some of the initial instance crushing of those zones by giving preorder time to get in and get out and have a chance to try them out a bit. They currently are playable and fine for invasions and what not but yes they are not really raid viable for higher end raids ATM and that likely is going to give people a bad impression of them intially.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Seems that I can quite easily "grind" for gear ups for all 3 specs while I read other shit. Choice. Also get that sweet pet.

Can someone ELI5 the fastest way to lvl up battle pets? Best strategy to have a few of them ready. ETC?

I did: get a mechanical pet to level 5, then went to deadwind pass...used lvl 5 mechanical to tame the lvl 17 eyes, then used my eyes to tame a couple lvl 22/23 flyer (i picked the condors in dragon wastes) then used my flyers to kill the lvl 25 water striders in vale of eternal blossoms.

Once you have a couple of level 25 flyers you can just power level, any other pets by using 2 flyers and the power level target, against the striders, the pet you're leveling opens the fight, does 1 round (striders like casting healing rain as first ability so rarely kill your baby pet) then sub out and get loads of exp per fight (several levels per fight).

Good advice!

There's a couple MOP trainers that are also easy to level a pet with. The one in SMV is easy as it's only really two pets. You can start with the howl bomb if you have Chrominimus too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
If you have any Garrisons where you haven't even started the Pet hut, the first quest they give you is simple as hell and rewards you a stone that can level a pet to 25 instantly.

That's a quick option.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don't agree with the ending of the Broken Shore scenario, where everyone runs away after the 1302940310310 Bosses spawn.

You know damn well the PCs would scream PURPLES and charge, not retreat.

Ruining muh immersion!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So why are people hanging out in Dalaran already? Is the new Dalaran actually available or am I misunderstanding something?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There's a pre-patch questline that takes you there. You should also camp out there for legion launch, since that's where you start the Legion content, with moving from old dalaran to new.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah 150 for 5 ilvls right before the expansion is fucking dumb. I just bought jewelry and I need to buy another Glaive, having a handaxe ruins my immersion.

I don't even know how DH can pump out any DPS with only 2 talents and a handful of abilities.

Especially pointless worrying about the ilevel of a weapon when literally the first thing you are going to do once the expansion goes live if you have finished the intro stuff in prepatch is going to be get your artifact weapon. So basically its just does this weapon work well enough to do existing content for you right now. If the answer is yes don't waste time effort upgrading them.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Oh yes I fully expect a lot of "determination" in any LFR I do until legion comes out. Unlike DK the demon hunters got released early and in a fashion where they for the next couple weeks literally cannot get even all their basic powers due to the talent gating let alone their artifact they are sort of designed around. It is nice that they let people get in and get a feel for them but DH are in a hella weird spot right now and are NOT going to work as effectively as other classes atm.

My criticism has nothing to do with how under powered they are at the minute, it was simply that they weren't fun to me. Dashing around the screen and gliding are really neat flavor things but the class itself doesn't feel great. Maybe it does at higher levels, but not willing to wait to find out. DH with a few more abilities and an artifact aren't going to dramatically change how the class feels. Or maybe I'm wrong, but something about it doesn't click with me in the least, other than the aesthetic.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
There's a pre-patch questline that takes you there. You should also camp out there for legion launch, since that's where you start the Legion content, with moving from old dalaran to new.

Where is this questline you speak of?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yup and it is a valid criticism and due in large part to not having their artifact which has a very useful active power and not having most of their talents which is also where you can pick up more active powers to make the rotations more interesting. It was a choice to release them early and one of the consequences is that they play less well than they should right now and no way to fix it until the end of august.

That said DH are a pretty straight forward class especially the DPS ones. The tank spec has more stuff they have to watch for but still overall pretty straight forward class.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Where is this questline you speak of?
If you are level 100 as soon as you log in you will get a quest that sends you to stormwind. Do that and then do the shattered isles intro and once you are done with the stuff in stormwind castle it sends you to an ilidari quest giver who tells you about the invasions. That guy is also the guy once legion launches who gives you the quest to get to dalaran and then to your artifact quests.