World of Warcraft: Current Year

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Shadowpriest DPS while in void just feels really clunky, or I'm retarded? A 4.5 second cooldown on voidbolt makes sense in theory, but my filler is mindblast every other voidbolt and 1.5 seconds of mindflay... sigh. And healing for smaller numbers is somewhat sadpants knowing that if you get behind and dps stands in all the things there's not much you can really do.

Oh well, DH tonight then I can put all of this behind me for a bit until I get bored enough to ding 100 on my priest again.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I caved and ordered a new ASUS laptop to replace my super shitty 4 year old one I was playing on (with every single graphical setting set to Low/off). Hopefully it gets here before the 30th!

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Shadowpriest DPS while in void just feels really clunky, or I'm retarded? A 4.5 second cooldown on voidbolt makes sense in theory, but my filler is mindblast every other voidbolt and 1.5 seconds of mindflay... sigh. And healing for smaller numbers is somewhat sadpants knowing that if you get behind and dps stands in all the things there's not much you can really do.

Oh well, DH tonight then I can put all of this behind me for a bit until I get bored enough to ding 100 on my priest again.

It feels amazing with surrender to madness up. One minute of frantic omg I'm going to die if I miss a CD is great.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Someone asked about PvP for gear.. The new event gives 700 gear +725 weapons. So unless you have a PvP boner I would skip that shit for the event stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
Pvp is so bad right now anyway lol
Affliction locks make it super cancerous

Glad you don't need to rely on that shit~

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
It feels amazing with surrender to madness up. One minute of frantic omg I'm going to die if I miss a CD is great.

Well, yeah, that talent makes me giggle at how ludicrous it is. But I'm not 100 yet, and just doing random dungeons the whole spec feels lackluster until I get to a boss and can actually do damage. Most trash is a cold dumpster fire for my dps because everything has to ramp up.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Why did they nuke it so hard anyway? I thought glyphs were kinda cool.
The problem is that glyphs don't scale.

For any other profession, when you add 10 levels and 150 ilvl, you just churn out a new set of armor/weapons, or a new range of consumables, and that's done. But for inscription, you need a new set of skills to inscribe... and their design drops as many skills as they add every expansion.

Hence, they're fucked, because every expansion require them to drop previous glyphs, which require to replace them with others for people leveling, which leaves no new glyphs for the new profession range...

(it's even worse in Legion, because previously, you could add some staves and offhands... but with Artefact weapons, you don't even have that)

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Someone asked about PvP for gear.. The new event gives 700 gear +725 weapons. So unless you have a PvP boner I would skip that shit for the event stuff.

Aren't they 600-something and upgradable to 700+ with a lot of grinding?

Either way, if you don't absolutely loathe PVP and are on a decently-winning faction/battlegroup, BG's are an easy way to get full 710 gear. A win = 1 mark of honor, armor/accessories are like 1-2 marks each and weapons are 5 each. You also get random 690 greens from the boxes (received whether win or lose).

Oh and marks are BoA so you can do them on any character (even sub-100) and send marks to whoever you want gear with.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Well in that case, fuck PVP! Just use it for filler slots I guess :p Now I actually look forward to the event shit when I'm off work in a couple days.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Also the events are in the same type of fill the bar bullshit that they use in Tannan and stuff so you can just go to an invasion fly in the air and grab a drink/take a shit/jerk off and come back to free loot. Doesn't even have to be in that order.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
For EU the patch is tomorrow, I'll roll my DH and tank some easy stuff like dungeons and TW. Vengeance is so stupidly easy to play, that it's almost impossible to fuck up.
In beta I didn't find their dps very high tho, among all tanks it was pretty much middle of the pack.

Malkav

French Madman
So, how long is the DH intro until you get out of the zone?

Debating waking up earlier tomorrow to just do it at 6am before work, thus avoiding the clusterfuck it will be when I get back home at 8pm.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So, how long is the DH intro until you get out of the zone?

Debating waking up earlier tomorrow to just do it at 6am before work, thus avoiding the clusterfuck it will be when I get back home at 8pm.
Took me 1hr 15 min

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
Took me about that long as well. With the current state of CRZ and mob-sharing, the starter zone was a breeze even with a ton of people around.

Also can I say holy FUCK that was some super high quality content there. Granted it's a starter zone, of course they're going to put a ton of work into it, but if the rest of Legion is similar then my hype meter finally moved up a lil bit

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The Demon hunter intro is about an hourish the broken isles stuff is about an hour as well although the demon hunters I don't think do that as their intro is sort of their part in it.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Part of the DH intro quest is their part in it, yeah. I'm now headed to the broken shore on my main, didn't do this on my DH, didn't even have the option.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
That is what I thought I played DH early in beta and could not remember. I think the second half of their intro is basically their part in the intro storyline stuff. Still want to do DH as well to see their cutsceens. Clearly there were a few that should have been there but were locked out on beta/ptr.