World of Warcraft: Current Year

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Affliction Warlock is fun AF. Super powerful while questing/PVE against elites and shit. Was already level 100, but been grinding on the assault missions to get Draenor flying, and Tanaan stuff. Fun as hell!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
BTW

There is a secret vendor right before the docks. But only if you haven't done the scenario yet.

Sells some old toys and troll cosmetic boots you can't get anymore from a few expacs ago. Name is Ravika, on the left of the dock. I always wanted the barefoot transmog for my non-troll characters.

Since I'm on a differen't server now... may fire up a Demon Hunter later as I don't want to freight over another character yet.

Or level from 1 to 110. We'll see. But moving over my Druid is tempting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I just played the Alliance side of Broken Shores and then the Horde side. Lore-wise,
what I took away from it all is that the Horde is just a bunch of pussies? They're losing the battle so they just up and run away? Kind of disappointed. Doesn't really fit with the whole glory of battle/fight to the death thing they've always had going.
yes during beta I figured there was some misunderstanding but nope horde failed their side and then fucked right off leaving alliance to die. The alliance king went down like a boss war chief went down like a pansy

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
BTW

There is a secret vendor right before the docks. But only if you haven't done the scenario yet.

Sells some old toys and troll cosmetic boots you can't get anymore from a few expacs ago. Name is Ravika, on the left of the dock. I always wanted the barefoot transmog for my non-troll characters.

She wasn't there until after I picked up the quest: "To Be Prepared" from Holgar Stormaxe. He's the npc you check in with after you get the Orgrimmar port stone.

X2klTHI.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
as someone who skipped most of WoD wtf is happening with Gul'dan. i thought he was dead in the current time line, i looted his skull off Illidan a long time ago. is this the time traveling version from draenor that escapes into the portal during the Archimonde encounter? the lore for this game is so screwed at the moment.

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
as someone who skipped most of WoD wtf is happening with Gul'dan. i thought he was dead in the current time line, i looted his skull off Illidan a long time ago. is this the time traveling version from draenor that escapes into the portal during the Archimonde encounter? the lore for this game is so screwed at the moment.

Yes, it's alternate Gul'dan.

Honestly I'm glad they kept alternate Gul'dan around. He's turned into a really good character/bad guy.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
According to the lore, because she's undead, Sylvanas' soul is guaranteed to be eternally damned to some horrifically punitive afterlife if she's ever destroyed, no matter what she does or how she acts, so running away is pretty much a first resort for her.
Also vol'jin pretty clearly orders her to take the horde and flee so its not like she scampered off on her own. Vol'jin pansied out after getting wounded and ordered a retreat.

Malkav

French Madman

Yup that's the one. It's Draenor Gul'dan.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Played a few hours last night through the DH starting zone and some invasions. Thought the cinematic cutscenes and the DH starting zone were both extremely well done. Agreed about the horde reasoning though, ham fisted and super lame. Makes me want to change to alliance now, legit.

Demon Hunters, I wasn't a big fan of. Felt kind of clunky and awkward to play but I'm sure that will get better once you get all of your talents. Still, in a way I was glad to dislike the play style as it confirmed my choice to go with Enhance this xpac. Loved the customization options though, and the story there is kind of neat. Looking forward to expansion now if nothing else!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Seems that I can quite easily "grind" for gear ups for all 3 specs while I read other shit. Choice. Also get that sweet pet.

Can someone ELI5 the fastest way to lvl up battle pets? Best strategy to have a few of them ready. ETC?

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
Seems that I can quite easily "grind" for gear ups for all 3 specs while I read other shit. Choice. Also get that sweet pet.

Can someone ELI5 the fastest way to lvl up battle pets? Best strategy to have a few of them ready. ETC?
I did: get a mechanical pet to level 5, then went to deadwind pass...used lvl 5 mechanical to tame the lvl 17 eyes, then used my eyes to tame a couple lvl 22/23 flyer (i picked the condors in dragon wastes) then used my flyers to kill the lvl 25 water striders in vale of eternal blossoms.

Once you have a couple of level 25 flyers you can just power level, any other pets by using 2 flyers and the power level target, against the striders, the pet you're leveling opens the fight, does 1 round (striders like casting healing rain as first ability so rarely kill your baby pet) then sub out and get loads of exp per fight (several levels per fight).

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
These 10k dps demon hunters yall.

Maybe making death knights insanely over powered at first wasn't the worst thing they ever did in retrospect heh.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
People playing a totally new and unfamiliar class that only has 2 of its talents from its talent tree available underperforming. Here is my shocked face.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Bought one of those 150 shard weapon upgrade things without researching them first. Lolooolz 5ilvl boost. Yeah, no. I'll just buy jewelry and the pet and call it an invasion day.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Bought one of those 150 shard weapon upgrade things without researching them first. Lolooolz 5ilvl boost. Yeah, no. I'll just buy jewelry and the pet and call it an invasion day.
Yeah 150 for 5 ilvls right before the expansion is fucking dumb. I just bought jewelry and I need to buy another Glaive, having a handaxe ruins my immersion.

I don't even know how DH can pump out any DPS with only 2 talents and a handful of abilities.