World of Warcraft: Classic

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You would think the man himself, Furor would stop by with a cache of keys for us old timers. This whole community was formed by him and EQ and WoW. Where the fuck is he?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Especially sincebthat never happened in classic
Wasn't the original beta capped to 30 for some time (and Scarlet Monastery the only "high level" dungeon)? So they're not just emulating the retail game, they're emulating beta as well.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I still like the current game for what it is.

But I REALLY want to spend all my time in classic still.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I still like the current game for what it is.

But I REALLY want to spend all my time in classic still.

The current game has a level of skill required that isn't the same as classic. The complexity of bosses on Mythic requires very tight rotations, proper cooldown usage, DDR style movement, and a UI to display all the shit via weak auras, gear has become pretty meaningless as we have discussed here before. Then on the outside of that so much of the game is trivial farming designed for player engagement and hours spent all to hit that dopamine rush when you hit the slot machine jackpot.

Vanilla is much more slow paced and your strength is far more dependent on time spent verse high skill ceilings, the game is more focused on group play which is kind of funny because when WoW was released the EQ crowd was pointing out the same thing. Still compared to todays standards it's way more of what I play an MMORPG for.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
They need to seriously rethink everything at this point. Another expansion with more quickly used up leveling zones will just dilute the game even further.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
$50 says they are going to do the stupid level squish and totally fuck up the game even further. They won't learn from classic and a new direction is pretty much impossible with Ion in charge.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
He probably saw us trying Mythic in Legion and was so disgusted he had his fires of heaven tattoo removed

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
We actually talked a bit a week or two ago after the Asmongold video about how stupid the optics are now.

I do not think he would reestablish with us.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
It would be pretty rad to see him guild leading, plus we'd be able to recruit super easily lmfao. Too bad it'll never happen, but that'd be wild

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
People in the game now don't really know who Fires of Heaven are. When I was recruiting hard I can count on one hand how many people knew where our guild came from, and one of them was a fuckin prevenger

xzi

Mouthbreather
People in the game now don't really know who Fires of Heaven are. When I was recruiting hard I can count on one hand how many people knew where our guild came from, and one of them was a fuckin prevenger

Yeah but I only say that for classic specifically. Spergs know who FoH is, but most of them are playing better MMOs currently instead. Also yeah I've only ran into one or two people in the past few years.

TBF we were just a heroic guild mostly so why pay attention

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
We actually talked a bit a week or two ago after the Asmongold video about how stupid the optics are now.

I do not think he would reestablish with us.

The optics are no where near the height of stupidity (Tyen gets to claim that feat). We're on the downhill slide to obscurity now.

Honestly if "Fires of Heaven" wanted to be a competitive mythic guild the first step would probably have to be not letting 98% of the board join the guild. Classic on the other hand is more in our wheelhouse requiring time over skill.