World of Warcraft: Classic

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
But why waste time and sweet sweet nostalgia on something that will be wiped and you'll have to redo it all for real in 3 months.

It's not like its a new game where optimal leveling paths need to be discovered or loots to be seen. Its all been datamined and FAQd simce 2004.

Because it's fun. Also, the new server experience for an MMO is really rare, and beta is one of the few times you can experience it one extra time before live.

In Barrens chat we had one guy that started wow in Legion, 1 in cata, and the rest were 04 people. First day I'm playing and I'm like "okay I gotta do my emissary quests on live." It's day 3 and I'm level 13, in The Barrens, and I don't give a shit about live anymore.

My wife made fun of me for geeking about getting into beta, while she boosted a monk and was leveling in Nazmir. She didn't opt into beta right away. I come home one day and she made a character on my computer and is saying, "I hate you. They need to give me beta access. This isn't fair!" Just lol.

Beta right now is a bunch of '04 OG wow players and you can relate to just about any discussion going on. Everyone's got a story about their server drama, server firsts, etc. Everyone is married and has kids now and jobs and shit.

I mean I hate to hype people up but there's a shared joy and exhilaration in being in this beta. I don't know how much will carry over into live but 2 days ago Durotar general chat was "I'm in holy shit I love all you guys!" Whenever someone new was let in.

I'll probably max out 4-5 characters because everyone is so chill and fun to hang out with. I don't even care if they get wiped because it's the most fun I've had in WoW in years.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Imagine crying in front of 70,000 viewers, Classic WoW is the best game of all time. (ok we all know it was really UO before they ruined it but we'll throw WoW a bone)

I can't fucking wait for this to launch, more ball dropping by Blizzard. 3 month fucking beta for a 15 year old game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
The level cap actually makes a for very interesting meta. The WW axe resource farm makes for more meaningful world PvP than they've ever done on live servers (with only really that one patch with ranks before BGs coming close) but it also makes you go for gear you otherwise wouldn't, farm garbage dungeons everyone wants to skip like SM GY and Gnomer, etc

They won't do it on live but I wouldn't mind if they gated in the same way. A couple weeks at 30, 40, 50...of course since it'd be known it's only temporary it won't be the same. Instead you'd just get more cancer like people leveling one of each class to the cap

• 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The level cap actually makes a for very interesting meta. The WW axe resource farm makes for more meaningful world PvP than they've ever done on live servers (with only really that one patch with ranks before BGs coming close) but it also makes you go for gear you otherwise wouldn't, farm garbage dungeons everyone wants to skip like SM GY and Gnomer, etc

They won't do it on live but I wouldn't mind if they gated in the same way. A couple weeks at 30, 40, 50...of course since it'd be known it's only temporary it won't be the same. Instead you'd just get more cancer like people leveling one of each class to the cap

Definitely. I know when this shit goes live ill be 1-60 all the way. Probably wont even stop for the dungeons until the lv 50+ dungeons to gear up.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Are they capping AoE damage or leaving it as it was? Was a sad day when they changed that one

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Because it's fun. Also, the new server experience for an MMO is really rare, and beta is one of the few times you can experience it one extra time before live.

In Barrens chat we had one guy that started wow in Legion, 1 in cata, and the rest were 04 people. First day I'm playing and I'm like "okay I gotta do my emissary quests on live." It's day 3 and I'm level 13, in The Barrens, and I don't give a shit about live anymore.

My wife made fun of me for geeking about getting into beta, while she boosted a monk and was leveling in Nazmir. She didn't opt into beta right away. I come home one day and she made a character on my computer and is saying, "I hate you. They need to give me beta access. This isn't fair!" Just lol.

Beta right now is a bunch of '04 OG wow players and you can relate to just about any discussion going on. Everyone's got a story about their server drama, server firsts, etc. Everyone is married and has kids now and jobs and shit.

I mean I hate to hype people up but there's a shared joy and exhilaration in being in this beta. I don't know how much will carry over into live but 2 days ago Durotar general chat was "I'm in holy shit I love all you guys!" Whenever someone new was let in.

I'll probably max out 4-5 characters because everyone is so chill and fun to hang out with. I don't even care if they get wiped because it's the most fun I've had in WoW in years.
the-timeless-wisdom-of-al-bundy-10.jpg

Rime

<Donor>
I play retail WoW.

Was in a Mythic raiding guild through Legion, started falling apart at the end of the expansion due to burnout. Never got Argus.

The guild did not even make it through the first tier this time, people fled this expansion like it was a dumpster fire.

So now I am mostly making gold and doing collection crap.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Doing dungeons in vanilla was more about community, in that you could hit a group leveling in the same area at the same time, completing a bunch of quests, gaining some gear pieces making questing easier. Just quest focusing you'll hit a particular level sounds lame as fuck. Part of the experience is running those lower dungeons at their appropriate level and walking out with a couple pieces of gear you won't replace until much later. Especially since quest gear was fucking awful save those few key trinkets or whatever.

One of the reasons I want to roll mage again is that I can hop around the very obtrusive travel time required and still hit most dungeons while leveling up. Especially in vanilla on pvp, where questing out in the open as a mage is like being a sheep out for the wolves to feed on. You'll find me in Feralas and Winterspring avoiding the STV fuck fest.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Doing dungeons in vanilla was more about community, in that you could hit a group leveling in the same area at the same time, completing a bunch of quests, gaining some gear pieces making questing easier. Just quest focusing you'll hit a particular level sounds lame as fuck. Part of the experience is running those lower dungeons at their appropriate level and walking out with a couple pieces of gear you won't replace until much later. Especially since quest gear was fucking awful save those few key trinkets or whatever.

One of the reasons I want to roll mage again is that I can hop around the very obtrusive travel time required and still hit most dungeons while leveling up. Especially in vanilla on pvp, where questing out in the open as a mage is like being a sheep out for the wolves to feed on. You'll find me in Feralas and Winterspring avoiding the STV fuck fest.

I can respect that. But I feel that in these games the fore runners to cap always get the best shit, especially in this one where you can farm mats and shit and make a killing before the market gets flooded . Same with crafting like making bags, pots and other shit like that.

Besides although this experience is new, its not really new. This aint my first rodeo at wow and leveling, running all those dungeons and all that. There will be plenty of time to experience all that with 2nd and 3rd characters which I will inevitably make.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I play retail WoW.

Was in a Mythic raiding guild through Legion, started falling apart at the end of the expansion due to burnout. Never got Argus.

The guild did not even make it through the first tier this time, people fled this expansion like it was a dumpster fire.

So now I am mostly making gold and doing collection crap.
Argus was a tough hurdle for a lot of guilds. It took us 500 attempts over about a month. Bfa I started the first raid in mythic and absolutely fucking HATED how tanking felt. How do you backpedal so fucking hard on class design? Didn't understand it.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I played again 1.5 years ago for two months and I really hated how they gutted talents and spells. How anything that wasn't instant damage was irelevant because every mob died within 2-3 seconds anyways.

I gotta laugh how Asmongold picked a warrior, probably the weakest class before they get MS and therefore the weakest class on a level 30 cap, when he knows he's so controversial that every time he dies in PVP, the other side has won. What did he expect, that all the focus on him would give him enough rage to just kill everyone while all his fans non-stop healed him? Every PVP fight I've seen so far has him eating dirt in the first quarter.

If only the alliance had a class that you never focused because they are just so impossible to kill.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The horde mages basically tore them up. Ally seemed like herding cats. And Horde seemed more organized, like the flanks they pulled off basically annihilating the allys. Asmond was like yeah they will flank, and he didnt do shit about it. If you watched the whole thing the second flank the allys pulled of at the wall was like 3-4 hunters which basically split apart the Allys and they got destroyed yet again when the horde backfilled right behind them.