World of Warcraft: Classic

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Nostalgia is one hell of a drug.

Quit wow shortly after AQ and gaming altogether. Got a job, a social life, got laid, got drunk, did drugs, everything I missed whilst I was gaming

Set up a private server account in November because of nostalgia. 6 months later I just cleared Naxx one week after it's release.

There's more to it than just nostalgia, it's a very well crafted game

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Noodle is basically Ion and neither can figure out why current WoW is shitting the bed and everyone wants to go back to Classic instead.
I know exactly why current WoW is shitting the bed and it has exactly 0.1% to do with Mythic raids.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Quit wow shortly after AQ and gaming altogether. Got a job, a social life, got laid, got drunk, did drugs, everything I missed whilst I was gaming

I did all that shit in the late 80s and 90s, before gaming. Gaming was when I was married with kids in my later 20s. I remember grinding in EQ having my 2 week old first kid in my lap feeding him a bottle.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
For me, wow fails simply for the fact that when you log on today, say a old Wrath player, you have absolutely no god damn idea even WTF is going on anymore. Its so fucking bloated with systems, expansions, etc.etc.. That its not even worth it anymore. Not only that, they keep on changing classes, skills, talents every expansion that the warrior you used to know in TBC is nothing what it is today.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I know exactly why current WoW is shitting the bed and it has exactly 0.1% to do with Mythic raids.

Everything about the game sucks. But a lot of the design decisions (Time-gating everything, personal loot to "fix" split raiding, etc) is a direct result of them trying to artificially cockblock bleeding edge Mythic raiders so they cannot progress faster than Blizzard wants them to. And the entire rest of the game suffers as a result. They also inflated the difficulty of Mythic raid to a point where you have to be a professional gamer to make any meaningful progress. 700+ attempts for a guild full of people who play this game full time for a living on the second boss of a 2 boss mid-tier raid? Go fuck yourself Blizzard.

Oh Mythic raiders are chain running M+ for AP? Nerf the AP gains into the ground. Oh now they're chain running islands for AP? Nerf Island AP gains. Oh Mythic raiders are split-raiding so they can feed more loot to their mains to get a higher average ilvl for the new raid tier? Forced personal loot for everyone!

• 8Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Set up a private server account in November because of nostalgia. 6 months later I just cleared Naxx one week after it's release.

There's more to it than just nostalgia, it's a very well crafted game
Well yes, you can say the pull to play Classic is more than just nostalgia, and I'll agree with you, but is by far the main reason. I don't want to argue the point though, since I'll be playing and having fun with my friends again.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>

Pet Battles
Island expeditions
Talent/skillls removal
LFR
GCD bullshit
Pandas
Monks
4 versions of the same boss
Constant gear resets
Having to play your UI/Weak auras instead of the fucking game
Pet battles
Game world is a glorified Xbox like lobby to queue up for bullshit
Pyramid city sucks goblin wang
Trash story
Pet battles
Getting weaker as you level
Barbie doll fairy princess dress up transmog
Removal of tier sets
Dailies/World Quest infinite grinding
LFD
Constantly changing the raid sizes
Titanforging
Pet battles
Achievement points
Allied races being tied behind bullshit rep grinds

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
At this point, I don't see why they don't just make a Mythic raid tournament server, give everyone the same gear and make the race official.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For me, wow fails simply for the fact that when you log on today, say a old Wrath player, you have absolutely no god damn idea even WTF is going on anymore. Its so fucking bloated with systems, expansions, etc.etc.. That its not even worth it anymore. Not only that, they keep on changing classes, skills, talents every expansion that the warrior you used to know in TBC is nothing what it is today.
I think most MMO's or similar games all have that though, and none have really balanced it out in a good way. Blizzard hasn't found a way to make all the content they've made over the years relevant in the current year. So all the playerbase really does is "play the expansion" and wait for the next. I have no idea how to fix that. WoW started its decline once people realized that was what they were doing.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Everything about the game sucks. But a lot of the design decisions (Time-gating everything, personal loot to "fix" split raiding, etc) is a direct result of them trying to artificially cockblock bleeding edge Mythic raiders so they cannot progress faster than Blizzard wants them to. And the entire rest of the game suffers as a result. They also inflated the difficulty of Mythic raid to a point where you have to be a professional gamer to make any meaningful progress. 700+ attempts for a guild full of people who play this game full time for a living on the second boss of a 2 boss mid-tier raid? Go fuck yourself Blizzard.

Oh Mythic raiders are chain running M+ for AP? Nerf the AP gains into the ground. Oh now they're chain running islands for AP? Nerf Island AP gains. Oh Mythic raiders are split-raiding so they can feed more loot to their mains to get a higher average ilvl for the new raid tier? Forced personal loot for everyone!

This is that whole thing where Blizz forgot that the point of an immersive MMO is the journey not herp derp end game is all that matters and where the game really begins!

Why do I still remember camping stupid ass Aviaks and all the retarded shit that I did in EQ?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At this point, I don't see why they don't just make a Mythic raid tournament server, give everyone the same gear and make the race official.
Yea, curated starting gear, and see how far people can get with the gear they win. Also disable combat addons. =)

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Pet Battles
Island expeditions
Talent/skillls removal
LFR
GCD bullshit
Pandas
Monks
4 versions of the same boss
Constant gear resets
Having to play your UI/Weak auras instead of the fucking game
Pet battles
Game world is a glorified Xbox like lobby to queue up for bullshit
Pyramid city sucks goblin wang
Trash story
Pet battles
Getting weaker as you level
Barbie doll fairy princess dress up transmog
Removal of tier sets
Dailies/World Quest infinite grinding
LFD
Constantly changing the raid sizes
Titanforging
Pet battles
Achievement points
Allied races being tied behind bullshit rep grinds

Okay lots of valid points. But why are you hating on monks?

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This is that whole thing where Blizz forgot that the point of an immersive MMO is the journey not herp derp end game is all that matters and where the game really begins!

Why do I still remember camping stupid ass Aviaks and all the retarded shit that I did in EQ?

I agree, they really took the end game bullshit to a different level, and in an esscense fucked themselves in the process, because now they have to feed that shit.

xzi

Mouthbreather
That dude is fucking gnarly. I can't wait to see what he does on the general population once the game comes out