World of Warcraft: Classic

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Probably not the best PvPers, but some of my favs to watch: (Fucking Chys beat me to fucking Fist of the goddamn Heavens, great shit)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
That dude is fucking gnarly. I can't wait to see what he does on the general population once the game comes out
He made an Asian waifu streamer today, so it’s been entertaining to the max. She called him tiny dick a bunch.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
...a lot of the design decisions (Time-gating everything, personal loot to "fix" split raiding, etc) is a direct result of them trying to artificially cockblock bleeding edge Mythic raiders so they cannot progress faster than Blizzard wants them to. And the entire rest of the game suffers as a result.

Oh Mythic raiders are chain running M+ for AP? Nerf the AP gains into the ground. Oh now they're chain running islands for AP? Nerf Island AP gains. Oh Mythic raiders are split-raiding so they can feed more loot to their mains to get a higher average ilvl for the new raid tier? Forced personal loot for everyone!

Ahem. *does best Noodleface Noodleface impression*

"If you polled a majority of the people quitting I bet 1% would complain about raid difficulty."

Forcing guilds to only have elite players compounds the problem of content, because obviously they're going to be the smallest part of the population, consuming the most content, at the fastest pace.

If you design a game that caters to this playstyle, which it sounds like you're in favor of, you're not building an MMORPG. You're simply building a raiding simulator with some barriers to entry, which is essentially why people hate WoW now.

Gotta break it up into smaller sentences for comprehension.

How many different ways we gotta say it?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

So the IRL crew that started around BC is getting all excited about classic - so they actually invited me to join them - as I actually played WoW Classic PVP server and left when BC dropped because, honestly, I saw the writing on the wall and didnt like the DE-EQing it was.

Anywho, an aspect I think that is going to affect the general attitude and leveling aspect of WoW:Classic - is that EVERYONE knows now that all gear and progression until max is pointless - all items are expendable and there is no need to ever "stop or slow down" to get that nice X or Y really. In EQ because it was slower and the gear had way longer lifespans - you could do things to get a X item that would last you, it was worth the slow down in leveling to grind some plat or farm a camp for a yak... in WoW...yeah there are stepping stone items and nice items that last you...3 or 4, or 5! levels! but their % in "helping" is rather nill- its best to keep on blasting through.

PVP server was fun, there was always someone higher and better than you, there was always someone smaller and worse...and the fun happens in-between.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Ahem. *does best Noodleface Noodleface impression*

"If you polled a majority of the people quitting I bet 1% would complain about raid difficulty."

Gotta break it up into smaller sentences for comprehension.

How many different ways we gotta say it?
Look man I get it, I pissed you off. You did not claim anything that khane is saying in any of your posts. You can't cite after the fact and say oh yeah I meant this.

I agree they've done some dumb shit like personal loot. Tuning anything to mythic is stupid, they tried to fix a problem that like 3 guilds were partaking in. But stuff like islands were never fun to begin with, that's a large part of why BfA failed. Islands sucked. Warfronts sucked. Classes played awful. Tanking felt like.shit. Healing felt like sucking a turd through a straw. Azerite was a step back from legion. World quests STILL sucked. Flying system STILL sucks. Levelling feels AWFUL at 110-120.

There's a lot wrong with BfA and SOME of it can be attributed to some asinine decisions Ion made.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Look man I get it, I pissed you off. You did not claim anything that khane is saying in any of your posts. You can't cite after the fact and say oh yeah I meant this.

I'm so angry! Lol.

And you're being dense if you can't see a correlation in our posts.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, I think I got the beta invite? I downloaded the beta client, but the server is "offline". Maybe it's just the stress test invite and it won't be active until tomorrow?

xzi

Mouthbreather
does it say stress test?
cause yeah that's not happening until tomorrow

also didn't even get into the fuckin stress test

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Well yes, you can say the pull to play Classic is more than just nostalgia, and I'll agree with you, but is by far the main reason. I don't want to argue the point though, since I'll be playing and having fun with my friends again.

You've misunderstood my post entirely

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have a hard time believing that three days in 100k people are still watching level 30 WoW grinding scarlet monastery on twitch on five different channels. It's literally all they've been doing since Sunday. But that's what we have.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I have a hard time believing that three days in 100k people are still watching level 30 WoW grinding scarlet monastery on twitch on five different channels. It's literally all they've been doing since Sunday. But that's what we have.
Wait... was Scarlet Monestary all one dungeon back then? Getting flashbacks.

Was the Graveyard separate maybe?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

I miss having real GM's that interacted with the community. EQ GM's were cool in they would actually teleport to you and watch shit, but Blizzard GM's at least back in the day had some personality and would actually be of assistance before they outsourced that shit to street shitting Indian call centers who read from a script.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

I agree they've done some dumb shit like personal loot. Tuning anything to mythic is stupid, they tried to fix a problem that like 3 guilds were partaking in. But stuff like islands were never fun to begin with, that's a large part of why BfA failed. Islands sucked. Warfronts sucked. Classes played awful. Tanking felt like.shit. Healing felt like sucking a turd through a straw. Azerite was a step back from legion. World quests STILL sucked. Flying system STILL sucks. Levelling feels AWFUL at 110-120.

There's a lot wrong with BfA and SOME of it can be attributed to some asinine decisions Ion made.

All those things you mentioned are also a big part of it, I agree with you that high end Mythic raiding and Mythic plus isn't the leading cause of sub loss but in it's current state even you would have to admit it sure as fuck isn't helping.