Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Thought this was pretty cool.

7uveo9ilea021.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
You cleared a few mobs deep in the open world and arrived at a corridor with four different instance portals. The level range is like 30 to 40 between the four.
I'm starting to remember. Didn't one have a gate with a key?

Wasn't it 3 portals, they did a revamp at some point and separated two of the dungeons I think. Something like you accessed the library directly after the armory.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I'm starting to remember. Didn't one have a gate with a key?
Yeah. When you enter the left and right portals are open. Left is torture chamber/graveyard. Right is the library with Houndmaster Loksley + Arcanist Doan. In his room is a lockbox with the key.

Middle left is cathedral (Morgraine/Whitemane) and middle right is the armory with Herod.

796.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah. When you enter the left and right portals are open. Left is torture chamber/graveyard. Right is the library with Houndmaster Loksley + Arcanist Doan. In his room is a lockbox with the key.

Middle left is cathedral (Morgraine/Whitemane) and middle right is the armory with Herod.

796.jpg
Ok maybe I'm imagining things. Maybe I saw it was all one instance in alpha or something.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Ok maybe I'm imagining things. Maybe I saw it was all one instance in alpha or something.

You might be getting it confused with Stratholme

It was a 2 part Dungeon with a live side (with the same guys as in Scarlet Monastery) and dead side, the dead side you had to unlock a gate to get to directly, but the entire thing was one big instance.

Chris

Potato del Grande
You might be getting it confused with Stratholme
Oh no, I spent weeks of my life in Stratholme. I did the 30 minute run for that quest they added. I know that was all one dungeon with two entrances, but people didn't really do both sides at once.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Oh no, I spent weeks of my life in Stratholme. I did the 30 minute run for that quest they added. I know that was all one dungeon with two entrances, but people didn't really do both sides at once.

Some of us did the whole thing, hell BRD too, those massive multi hour gaming sessions.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Some of us did the whole thing, hell BRD too, those massive multi hour gaming sessions.
LBRS and UBRS too. I think you could jump down from UBRS to LBRS?

Doing all of LBRS was a fucking nightmare, nevermind doing UBRS too.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
LBRS and UBRS too. I think you could jump down from UBRS to LBRS?

That I don't recall. I guess it's possible you could jump down the bridge going into the last room of UBRS but I don't remember that being a thing. You would die doing that too I would imagine. Now there were some areas in LBRS you could jump down.

xzi

Mouthbreather
The first full clear of BRD I ever did I was like so fucking blown away by how epic a dungeon could be, I couldn't even fathom anything possibly larger.

And then I discovered 40 man raids. Many ropes were blasted that day.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I lived in LBRS and BRD as a rogue, soloing shit for barman shanker, blue setpiece bracers and other goodies.

There was some other boss in BRD I used to solo over and over, I can't remember why, I remember him being in a room alone where you could look out onto the lava...

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Ahh it was General Angerforge for the Hand of Justice Trinket.

Because some fucking feral druid took my Drake Fang Talisman.

I also used to knock over Lord Incendius for FR gear.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I don't think you could solo Angerforge. When I was playing on ED I used to do runs and go solo Lord Incendius, then head to the coffers etc. If you were at all geared he was an easy solo. He guarded the forge needed to smelt dark iron, and it was on a circular platform suspended over lava.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I don't think you could solo Angerforge. When I was playing on ED I used to do runs and go solo Lord Incendius, then head to the coffers etc. If you were at all geared he was an easy solo. He guarded the forge needed to smelt dark iron, and it was on a circular platform suspended over lava.

It wasn't easy, but I used to do it. You needed an evasion set, various consumables, and I was an engineer so I think I used to MC one of the healers toward the end as well.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Oops we both had it confused. Angerforce is soloable. But it was Emperor Dagran Thaurissan that drops the hand trinket. I suppose he could be soloable but it seems crazy even when I was decked out (only through BWL)

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Oops we both had it confused. Angerforce is soloable. But it was Emperor Dagran Thaurissan that drops the hand trinket. I suppose he could be soloable but it seems crazy even when I was decked out (only through BWL)

Hmm I was looking at this: General Angerforge

It's so long ago I can't even remember what is right anymore.

Maybe they got the loot wrong? Or maybe the trinket was moved at some point?

Edit: I also found this, so it definitely used to be on Angerforge: https://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=11154

"Since having specced to combat I've been wanting the Hand of Justice trinket. For those who don't know:
Hand of Justice
Binds when picked up
Unique
Trinket
Requires Level 53
Equip: 2% chance on hit to gain 1 extra attack.
Equip: +20 Attack Power.

This in combination with the Maelstrom trinket (and optinally lifesteal enchants) cause proc chains like mad. Damn good to be honest. Anyway.
A guildie rogue and myself tried grinding this before when I was still dagger specced and we got clobered miserably. However, both being combat now we figured we could pull it off and hey, it works!
Note : I assume you know how to get to Angerforge in BRD (he drops it..duh). Just like barman shanker farming, only after the long hallway with patrolling fireguards you go off the stairs to the left instead of those on the right. "

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
That must have been way oldschool I don't remember him ever dropping it. Who knows - I was just a kid back then.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
That must have been way oldschool I don't remember him ever dropping it. Who knows - I was just a kid back then.

Found some old Forum posts saying it was moved to the Emperor either very late Vanilla wow or during TBC. So we're both right!

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider

I solo'd Angerforge until I got the Hand of Justice on my warrior. Sword spec + Hand + Zin'Rohk = Good Times.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Nobody on private servers is soloing for Hoj

They do group "lava runs" which involves jumping on lava to get to specific bosses, this is for HOJ and Ironfoe