World of Warcraft: Classic

xzi

Mouthbreather
It's a shame Blizzard never came up with a WoW Workshop for people to create their own maps and encounters. Always a bad move to gatekeep that shit.
100% agreed. I have an issue with all videogames right now not even offering simple map tools a majority of the time. It drastically increases the lifespan of the game. I mean I guess it would be different for an MMO, but still.

I've been exporting models out of the game into unreal and building my own little world just for fun, and if they let you do something like Neverwinter does where players can make their own dungeons, quests, etc - I bet the community around it would be huuuuuuuuuuuuuge

It's the #1 thing I've wanted in WoW for a few years now since I saw custom private server areas. pls blizzard.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Problem is loot. You can't let the playerbase create additional sources for top level loot.

You could let them troll the shit out of each other with retarded content, but you cannot let them skirt the existing rationed level of loot available each week.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Honestly it does seem stupid that they don't crowd source out shit like that.. Their playerbase is full of retards who would work for free day and night making dungeons, character models, armor sets. I mean FFS people are already doing that shit with heritage armor, the work is already done for these assholes, and it shits on the face of all the garbage armors they put out.

arthur-lorenz-overview-all-a4-artstation-maghar.jpg

arthur-lorenz-overview-all-a4-artstation-nightelves.jpg

arthur-lorenz-artstation-pandarenh.jpg

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 5 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Problem is loot. You can't let the playerbase create additional sources for top level loot.

You could let them troll the shit out of each other with retarded content, but you cannot let them skirt the existing rationed level of loot available each week.

That's the thing you don't need to allow players to insert the loot, You can let players design zones, armor models, weapon models, characters, lore, gear stats, and then sit on your ass with this overwhelming source of free content and you are Blizzard and cherry pick the shit you want to use. It's a fucking win/win for these assholes.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
100% agreed. I have an issue with all videogames right now not even offering simple map tools a majority of the time. It drastically increases the lifespan of the game. I mean I guess it would be different for an MMO, but still.

I've been exporting models out of the game into unreal and building my own little world just for fun, and if they let you do something like Neverwinter does where players can make their own dungeons, quests, etc - I bet the community around it would be huuuuuuuuuuuuuge

It's the #1 thing I've wanted in WoW for a few years now since I saw custom private server areas. pls blizzard.

Which is honestly weird with Blizzard as their other games have had extremely powerful workshop tools. Bliz is even one of the first MMOs to have a powerful scripting engine open for use to build mods right from the get go.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Then again Blizzard often are stupid as fuck.. Remember a whole fucking genre of multi billion dollar games were made because of a Use Map Settings faggotry from Warcraft 3 and they were too fucking stupid to cash in on it.. then once they realized they were ultra retards they made HOTS... That shit is a goddamn joke.

It's almost as if they hate money.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Meh, I think blizzard is a shell of its former self. Much of the talent left that place over the last 2 decades and its now showing. Most of the shit they released in the past 5 -10 yrs has been utter garbage compared to their master works. they also obviously lack any sort of leadership from what it seems. Because the shit they are producing these days is def not what blizzard fans want.

Look at Diablo for christ sakes, one of the premier genre leaders which spawned 100s of clones and they could not even do that right. D3 was garbage and yet all they had to do was D2 with new graphics and new maps and people would be swooning over that shit. But nope, they had to redesign the wheel, which the frail spokes all fell off.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Really I think that has been one of the biggest issues with WoW. You keep getting new devs and they all want to leave their mark on the game. Trying to improve on shit that doesnt need to be improved upon then in the end you end up with people like Ghostcrawler and Ion you have ruined so much.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Also I have to admit there were way more people in the starting zones than I expected.
Yeah dude, that server is aids. And it does not get better either. In fact it gets worse. Somehow I managed to get to lv 15 but most of the quest areas are camped to shit. I guess everyone is itching to play some classic now. If only blizzard capitalized on this shit while its the hotness.

I have a character on Northdale as well I made a week or so ago, level 14 (alliance) and there are so many people playing at the low levels.

then I go to IF & see people wearing naxx gear and it reminds me that classic might not be fun because i can't poopsock and be at the front anymore :(

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im at the point in my life right now that I can finally do some poopsocking. Im 46, both my kids are teens (17 and 15) that dont want fuck all to do with me and the wife anymore other than eat our food. Most of the hosehold shit has been done, dont need to do any yardwork because I pay my kids to do that shit, the wife has her own hobby shit going and could give a fuck what I do anymore...All she asks is that we party down once a week still, play some cards or go downstairs and play the drums (she sucks but wants to learn) Its just a simple life right now that allows me to play all goddamned evening if I want. My only real responsibility left is to make dinner every night and with teens that will gobble up anything I throw in front of them as long as its not green, man its simple living....

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Honestly it does seem stupid that they don't crowd source out shit like that.. Their playerbase is full of retards who would work for free day and night making dungeons, character models, armor sets. I mean FFS people are already doing that shit with heritage armor, the work is already done for these assholes, and it shits on the face of all the garbage armors they put out.

arthur-lorenz-overview-all-a4-artstation-maghar.jpg

arthur-lorenz-overview-all-a4-artstation-nightelves.jpg

arthur-lorenz-artstation-pandarenh.jpg

Those are genuinely better than anything they've come up with in years.

• 2Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Then again Blizzard often are stupid as fuck.. Remember a whole fucking genre of multi billion dollar games were made because of a Use Map Settings faggotry from Warcraft 3 and they were too fucking stupid to cash in on it.

I have a rustled jimmy. This was an HQ question and answer one night:

• 5Rustled
  • 1Worf
  • 1RAGE
Reactions: 7 users