World of Warcraft: Classic

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
On Lightshope some fucker just killed my quest guy as I was about to turn in haha.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Jaybee

Silver Knight of the Realm
If anyone is looking to scratch that itch, The Beginner's Guide to Getting Started on Light's Hope

The old Nostralius contingent resides here, and it's (arguably) the best server out. Be warned, it has double the population of the old Blizzard servers back in the day. You will be mercilessly griefed as soon as you set foot in contested territory. Darrowshire is a PvE option for those that want to actually complete some quests, but that is low population and may be problematic if you play at off hours. But if you like vanilla world PvP, Lightbringer will deliver that in spades lol.

This is a common sight:

h6q3dlil0tyz.png

I've been following Blizz Classic since it was announced and I can clear up a few things. Blizz has already said that anything after 1.12 is off the table. So LFR, pet battles, garrisons, achievements, dual spec, etc, etc, aren't happening. They are going to make persistent servers that wind up on 1.12. They want input on things within that scope like "Should UBRS be 10 or 15-man?" and "Should there be BGs implemented on day 1?"

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
If anyone is looking to scratch that itch, The Beginner's Guide to Getting Started on Light's Hope

The old Nostralius contingent resides here, and it's (arguably) the best server out. Be warned, it has double the population of the old Blizzard servers back in the day. You will be mercilessly griefed as soon as you set foot in contested territory. Darrowshire is a PvE option for those that want to actually complete some quests, but that is low population and may be problematic if you play at off hours. But if you like vanilla world PvP, Lightbringer will deliver that in spades lol.

This is a common sight:

h6q3dlil0tyz.png

I've been following Blizz Classic since it was announced and I can clear up a few things. Blizz has already said that anything after 1.12 is off the table. So LFR, pet battles, garrisons, achievements, dual spec, etc, etc, aren't happening. They are going to make persistent servers that wind up on 1.12. They want input on things within that scope like "Should UBRS be 10 or 15-man?" and "Should there be BGs implemented on day 1?"
He actually said "should UBRS be 5 or 10 man?" which hopefully was just a mistake or something because if not then who the fuck knows.

• 1Solidarity

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Some people were still confused about that. Oh wait, that was you talking about xmogs and titles.

The only person who is confused is the dude who's repeating MMO-Champion news posts from last week as if they are an insider source.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
They need to stop pretending like they want the community involved and make it 1:1 to how vanilla was with progression.

"You think you do but you don't" is the most accurate statement made about this entire thing, people are demanding such weird shit. I personally don't care if they add extra or not I'll be happy either way. But a bunch of people seem to think they're gonna let a bunch of mouthbreathers vote on how they want the servers ran lol

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
They need to stop pretending like they want the community involved and make it 1:1 to how vanilla was with progression.

"You think you do but you don't" is the most accurate statement made about this entire thing, people are demanding such weird shit. I personally don't care if they add extra or not I'll be happy either way. But a bunch of people seem to think they're gonna let a bunch of mouthbreathers vote on how they want the servers ran lol

The only votes they somewhat carry about are the ones that enrich their bank accounts. They'll rake in the cash and adjust based on how much more profit they can make while keeping some semblance of legitimacy.

True vanilla is dumb and surely they know that. It only makes sense to leverage their modern technology.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Well vanilla was an experience over patches anyway. Actual vanilla, recreated at any particular instant in time, is complete garbage.

People were awed by Maraudon and Dire Maul because they introduced brand new stats and gear that simply didn't exist before. They weren't anything over the top amazing. AQ40 for all its build up due to the event didn't really offer much in gear for most classes, it was called tier 2.5 for a reason. By time 1.12 rolled around they had gutted a lot of world pvp (especially Arathi and Hillsbarad zone in for BGs) and had turned AV into a snoozefest. I'm pretty sure TUF had been nerfed by then anyway. All those exciting quests they added over the first few patches when you were hungry for literally any 50+ content are boring old garbage now.

People had found the infinite proc "feature" and it had been fixed. The mystery of the 4.0 speed blue 2h axe "The Nicker" is well known now. Everyone's seem two hundred million thunderfuries. Everyone knows shard of binding was an error and no you weren't going to get a cool, unique lego like that.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I think pretty much everyone knows the game was trash compared to what it is now, that's a very obvious statement to make.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I think pretty much everyone knows the game was trash compared to what it is now, that's a very obvious statement to make.

My point was that even within classic, they actively 'ruined' things that people remember fondly to 'advance the game'.

• 2Like

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider

Is it though? I think there will be a lot of salty eggs when the game gets changed.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
with 40 people and a few drops mmmm ehhhh if people really wanna i guess, problem is turn over every 20 minutes someone "gotta go" (or after only mob they wanna kill)

guess LFR happens like this a bit anyways, I really never liked it except for the ez mode tardo version (that had legendaries drop from it..)

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I dont mind any class changes they make to keep other specs more useful than they were in Vanilla. What I dont want is the cross realm BG shit and I dont want LFD and LFR. That stuff killed the community for me .

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
shaman: stack mp5, spam lesser healing wave - move to interrupt at last moment if target is full, nature's something or other (instant cast next spell) healing wave, throw down totems.

Chain heal owned. Our Shaman was always top Healer. By a fucking lot.

Mained a druid in classic, they were pretty good and always necessary for innervates. Healing output wasn't as high as priests but they could still toss out huuuuuuuuge heals. I barely ever used hots on anybody but tanks in pve unless it was farm content cause they just costed so much mana.

PvP I was completely unstoppable though, so that was fun.

One or two druids would coat the raid, or split rejuvs since whoever had higher +healing overpowered the other, but we had more than spam casting healing touch rank 4 and rejuv/regrowth on the tank. Only the highest +heal druid was assigned to heal tanks. Or one druid per tank because of the heal priority.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah, that's pretty much all I did is heal the tanks until things were on farm, that's when druid actually got fun because I could hot the entire raid and see a bunch of green numbers and be happy. Wasn't really viable on long ass progression fights though.

I did like 4hm a lot cause that was one of the few fights where I basically hotted everyone in my corner and was super useful for once lmao, then TBC prepatch came out and I was suddenly the best healer. EZ

• 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Considering that the market for Vanilla and TBC emulators is rather large (100s of thousands from what I hear), and has been such for years, then regardless of what the naysayers here claim, there are plenty who want to play old school WoW. No wonder Blizz would like a share of that market.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Eehhh - WOW is so ADD - it was always changing - like core shit.

Classic wow people just thought it was balancing the game and working things out.

This created a split - the ADD players that loved having totally new mechanics all the time

And the old EQ-ers who liked long term consistency and learning to really get into your characters mechanics.

People say WOW was more causal friendly- but it actually made this hard core player gap more- you come back from a month break - welcome to Re learning your entire class while the dudes that live eat and breathe mechanics are destroying you.

Now this "balancing act" is a feature of wow and expected - it's partially why I don't play anymore, it's fucking annoying.

Almost all classes throughout wow have been almost every roll - happen to want to play your dp's class while it happens to be a healer during this revision? Tough.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you think you are ever going to get actual vanilla wow from blizzard without any of the qol changes or infrastructure backbone... you are very wrong.

• 2Like