World of Warcraft: Classic

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
While there are plenty of shit things about Vanilla and even old EQ the ability to just fail and fuck up is what makes these games more rewarding. As painful as those pure shit groups or waiting around trying to find people to go do a dungeon it was that much more rewarding when you finally did them, you had a reason to form bonds with players.

Its all carrot now days and there is no stick to balance it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just wouldn't be as fun without the old guild/friends to enjoy it with. God people talking about BRD brings back memories though. Fucking loved that shit back then. Probably would never have the time or patience to do as full a run as you could nowadays, but that shit was just so much fun if you had a good group to do it with.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Jarek

Molten Core Raider
Just wouldn't be as fun without the old guild/friends to enjoy it with. God people talking about BRD brings back memories though. Fucking loved that shit back then. Probably would never have the time or patience to do as full a run as you could nowadays, but that shit was just so much fun if you had a good group to do it with.

Yeah, I quit WoW just before the first expansion because my core group of friends quit. I'm going to play Wow Classic, but I'm not expecting it to be the same. Probably won't raid again, but whatever.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Excited for this.

Have recently gotten my girlfriend into gaming and Vanilla WoW was one of the best RPG gaming experiences of the last 20 years. Will be fun as hell, although I don't see myself standing around doing enchants all day while multitasking at work this go around.

You can talk about rose colored glasses or whatever, but its a unique experience and I am very glad to do it again.

• 1Barf

agripa

Molten Core Raider
I played on an emu server. It brought back a lot of memories and made me miss all my wow friends that fell off the face of the planet. Feels bad man. I do not miss raiding for 6 hours a night.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You guys are right, it is totally only worth it with the right group, as I learned on one of the EQ prog servers. You find the right group of people, and BAM, the magic is right there again.

Trying to fly without your wingmen in that shit though, it gets old in about 10 minutes.

• 1Solidarity

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Can someone jog my memory with regards to the Druid enclave of Moonglade, IIRC wasn't it a druid only place in Vanilla? That is, it was hard, if not impossible, for non-druids to get there compared to it being a regular flight zone now?

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
There really wasn't a reason for non-druids to go there other than a silithus quest iirc. It wasn't locked to other classes or anything.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Can someone jog my memory with regards to the Druid enclave of Moonglade, IIRC wasn't it a druid only place in Vanilla? That is, it was hard, if not impossible, for non-druids to get there compared to it being a regular flight zone now?

In vanilla the only way through to non druids was the furbolg tunnels which, unless you were grinding rep to improve, usually murdered level appropriate people. I almost think Cenarion Circle was unfriendly to non druids and you couldn't use vendor/inn/etc. until they added Silithus content where non druids could get CC rep up as well?

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I don't think you had to grind the furbolgs in Felwood to get them neutral so you could get through. I think you just needed to do their questline which led to Wintergrasp. But yea, there was a fork in that tunnel that let to Moonglade.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Haha PVP classic returning? Reverting Redridge guards back to lvl 20-30 for Operation Campin Da Flight Masta.

For the fuckin horde!

AfraidFixedAxolotl-max-1mb.gif

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
My first toon, I didn't know better and murdered the furbolgs in the tunnel, pushing my rep to max hated... That was fun to recover from when I realized they had the Mongoose enchant.

• 1Worf

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I don't think you had to grind the furbolgs in Felwood to get them neutral so you could get through. I think you just needed to do their questline which led to Wintergrasp. But yea, there was a fork in that tunnel that let to Moonglade.

Hmm not sure those were in initially, I feel like there was a Felwood content patch sometime after/near Dire Maul

Sterling

El Presidente
Hmm not sure those were in initially, I feel like there was a Felwood content patch sometime after/near Dire Maul
Yeah, I remember having to grind and do the dumb bead turn ins and shit, but that may have been just for the tradeskill shit, memory is hazy.

• 1Picard

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>

They added additional quests to Felwood, like, only a handful, maybe five, that concluded with being neutral with the tunnel furbolgs. Assuming you hadn't murdered any of them before then.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
My first toon, I didn't know better and murdered the furbolgs in the tunnel, pushing my rep to max hated... That was fun to recover from when I realized they had the Mongoose enchant.

No they didn't... Mongoose dropped off Moroes

Khane

Got something right about marriage
He's thinking of the Enchant weapon and Enchant 2h Weapon with agility enchants. Which were quite the money makers back in the day.

I think they also originally sold the Mooncloth Bag pattern. Might be wrong about that though.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
You could get to Furbolg "unfriendly" rep pretty easy, which would make them at least not attack you. This way you could get to both Moonglade and Winterspring. Also, the druids (Cenarion Circle) were neutral at the start (Brood of Nozdormu wasn't, that was tied to the AQ opening/raids), but you couldn't use the flight master in the druid camp as a non-druid - which would only fly you do Darnassus/Mulgore anyway. Non-Druids had to use the flight master at the south shore of the lake.

The only reason to go there for non-druids were the enchanting recipes (which were BoP), and some quests regarding Maraudon (Seed of Life) and Dire Maul (Shards of the Felvine, which started in Moonglade). Lorelae Wintersong had the recipe for the "runed arcanite rod", which was a thing for enchanters back in the day.

She also had the recipe for the felcloth pants, which were +26 shadow damage. Itemization was much more creative with stuff like this.

Needless

Toe Sucker
yeah furbolg had the +agility enchants... god farming essence of air for those was and still is awful lol