World of Warcraft: Classic

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was watching Soda for a little while over the weekend. What the eff happened to that game? Sunken temple in 4-5min, Eranikus is a total gimp now. More like Shade of shade of shade of Eranikus.
Having notice he's using loot from BRD I guess I should be happy I haven't seen him go through that instance, "my precious" instance, I'd probably commit a seppuku.
I promptly signed up for a session on Light's Hope vanilla servers to remove that travesty from my head.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
Scaling is absurd right now, and especially heirlooms make literally every single instance have zero hint of difficulty until mid 60s or so (even then it's still extremely easy).

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
My buddy and I were able to duo Sunken Temple as a mage/warlock combo in vanilla, at level 60. It was literally one of my greatest memories from that time period.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you implement sharding or phasing on a vanilla server you won't have to worry about the initial influx of people, because nobody is going to play that shit.

Everquest which is lets say 1/1000th as popular as WoW implemented "shards". When Ragefire was released as a TLP you had hundreds of people in newbie zones waiting for a skunk or skeleton to spawn, it was a total shit show. I'd assume they're going to have to implement something because having no mobs for hours will infuriate people just as much as sharding will.

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Depending on how it works, if they could just have shards at the start so we don't suffer those launch issues (much like the fantastic launch of legion) and after a month when everyone quits, then start toning the sharding down and forcing more people into select servers.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what they do. As much as people want the authentic vanilla experience of waiting in queue for 6 hours only to log on and find 0 mobs anywhere, I don't think blizzard is going to allow that to happen at the very start of the launch but reel it in later.

• 1Barf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bajheera and that group doin !project60 were doin BWL last night with 6 people. Nearly got Chromaggus down.

Even if you follow the rules of Project60, the game is so unbalanced right now leveling up that it doesn't matter if you're using heirlooms and talents or not.

Prot warrior is basically god mode.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The queues in Everquest were horrible I cant even imagine the size of them for a game like WoW. It's going to be interesting to see what path they take on development whether its EZ mode like the Everquest TLP's with a cash shop and modern MMO conveniences or if they go closer to a true classic model.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Everquest which is lets say 1/1000th as popular as WoW implemented "shards". When Ragefire was released as a TLP you had hundreds of people in newbie zones waiting for a skunk or skeleton to spawn, it was a total shit show. I'd assume they're going to have to implement something because having no mobs for hours will infuriate people just as much as sharding will.

They patched in a spawn rate boost towards the end of vanilla. Depending on number of users in the area, shit would respawn more quickly. But they've since gone with sharding, and it's impossible to chain aoe farm mobs like you could in vanilla. Particularly all the undead shit on the farms in the Plaguelands (recall needing like 400 intestines for something?), or the Furbolgs in Feralas.

This would become insanely annoying in I wanna say Cataclsym, where they had very small zones and a ton of people, you'd just get run the fuck over by respawn.

Last edited:

Needless

Toe Sucker
Lol oh man the nerd cries if they released vanilla server with a cash shop for EXP pots and shit would be hilarious

I'd buy exp pots though, im not gonna lie. Fuck how slow vanilla is

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
Only really care about battlegrounds/wpvp. Will probably just sub for a month or two and burn out on pvp.. unless AV is awesome then i'll fire up the pizza rolls and say goodbye to social life.

I sure hope WSG will be available at launch..

I had so much fun doing 10-19WSGs for the first few weeks of last big emu release(anathema?)
There were zero queue times and no twinks. crazy good pvp fun with only like 10hrs of time invested in pve.

I hope they keep no time limit on BGs, but I wonder if they will do anything about wall climbing and fence jumping.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I farmed the shit out of them because I had convinced myself the camp in nothern Feralas near the tunnel to Winterspring was the best place to farm Traveler's Backpacks. This was in the first months of release. I also spent a lot of time at the Satyr camps in Feralas waiting for whipper root tubers and night dragon's breath respawns.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I farmed the shit out of them because I had convinced myself the camp in nothern Feralas near the tunnel to Winterspring was the best place to farm Traveler's Backpacks. This was in the first months of release. I also spent a lot of time at the Satyr camps in Feralas waiting for whipper root tubers and night dragon's breath respawns.

They were very early on, but then they nurfed the balls out of the drop rate. I've always had maxed out potential bag space since those days.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
What I find amazing is that it's not only the rose-tinted glasses, it's also the "finally we can raid the original Naxxramas". Which of course implies that the original was hard and some kind of an achievement.

Wait until they realize that they need 8 geared tanks for the 4 horsemen. Imagine all the drama when the guilds try to poach each others tanks.

xzi

Mouthbreather
big fan of the first spiderwing boss applying poison to literally all 40 people, who's the 3 bitch druids on dispel duty?

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
They should make the version be the very last version before the Pre-BC patch. I want the Plague lands invasion quests and Nax. If we're talking authentic, purity levels of vanilla. Everything that vanilla became, and literally nothing more or less.

The only difference I would illicit, is having one unified server as the best way to handle the initial influx, without ruining it later on when folks are split between 15 servers with not enough people to play with. As well as ensuring pvp coherence, faction balance. Well, one pvp one pve. RP can eat a dick. And maybe even let pve and pvp servers cross for BG's, because why not.

That later vanilla patch also included the war hall in the major cities that let you queue for BG's remotely. I'm torn on that. On a pvp server, getting to the BG was half the fun. Likewise, the battles that occurred outside raid instances...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user