World of Warcraft: Classic

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Didn't you see that streamer Tipsout guild planning shit that was posted a while back? I was most shocked at their plan to have 15 players at max level in Un'Goro 24/7 doing nothing but skinning devilsaurs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The idea that 2004 knowledge is the same as 2019 knowledge is laughable, just laughable, j genuinely don't know how you can say that with a straight face

That line of thinking suggests theory crafting wasn't a thing, because why theory craft if you know all there is to know lol.

As for my status in vanilla, I can link the web archive guild site posts if you want to know exactly when we killed stuff. Tigole pmed me on the old boards in Jan 05 wanting to know how we bugged out Lucifron for our first kill. Or you can ask a c i d.f l y a c i d.f l y about our progression, up to you

"You aren’t going to outgear or outplay cloaks at BWL launch. "

Literally from earlier on my guild discord

"Onyxia cloaks will be annoying as well, need to do 13 man raids for scales >quick nefarian loot"

"Fusion did that strat where everyone dies or hearths out and 3 ppl get the kill"

"Also we did the ony shit in reign from day 1 it's how we had viskags on all our melee. We'd kill ony 5 or 6 times a week like that"

"thinking it’s the most accurate representation of how Classic will launch."

I've never said private servers are 100% accurate, but I don't believe they're so different that they're totally unreliable

I cba to keep arguing this point.

The simple answer is that everyone knows how Onyxia works, how deep breath works, when the lands etc, nobody is going to be doing dumb stuff. Everyone has instant access to all strategies.

To keep making the claim that everyone knew this in vanilla makes me think you're trolling
I was literally the first kill of Lucifron if that helps you realize who you are arguing with.

I was there when we were told to leave the zone even though Onyxia would have been dead because people wouldn’t understand a guild killing things ao fast when their leader was on the dev team.

We all “knew” how everything worked back then and still did umb shit.

Have you ever played Everquest? It’s a 20 year old game this year. They have a server mode called TLP which is Time Locked Progression and it is very similar to what WoW is doing here. Those launch raids are designed in crayon compared to the launch WoW raids. People STILL wipe to them out of stupidity, ineptness, undergeared, and overconfident. You know how many times wipes happen and we pinpoint the cause and we hear the following: “I was in the guild that killed it the fastest on this one emu server and it works like this” and then proceed to explain it wrong? Or they claim they are BiS and you look at their gear and they stacked the wrong stat or weighted one too heavy despite it being common sense or did negative defensive stats so sure their damage is good but they don’t survive a single whelp flying by?

You don’t have the slightest clue. You are an autistic mongoloid stalker with obsessive tendencies. You will come in here week 2 though and claim you were right if a single guild clears MC and ignore the fact that 4,500 guilds take two months instead.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I love how your guild is planning Ony cloaks for BWL as if it will launch week 1 despite it being time gated and no idea the attrition of your guild in the first month.

It just goes to show the autists you play with that are just as stupid as you are.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Listen fellas, there's people that play WoW and then there's the Michael Jordan's of WoW.

• 4Worf

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I love how your guild is planning Ony cloaks for BWL as if it will launch week 1 despite it being time gated and no idea the attrition of your guild in the first month.

It just goes to show the autists you play with that are just as stupid as you are.

That was in reference to the just announced lights hope fresh server launching with patch 1.12 and all content unlocked

The idea is it's both a fresh levelling server and a race to clear for any guild autistic enough.

Heh

And no, I don't believe that you knew in exact detail how every single aspect of the game worked back then, not to the level it's been mapped out today.

The speed clear guilds know the quickest route through MC, Zg, AQ20, how to skip aq40 and bwl trash etc. There's no way people were doing that whilst progressing in those raids

xzi

Mouthbreather
Didn't you see that streamer Tipsout guild planning shit that was posted a while back? I was most shocked at their plan to have 15 players at max level in Un'Goro 24/7 doing nothing but skinning devilsaurs.

They think they're going to do this because they did it on private servers ignoring the fact how many more people are going to actually be playing and how many people are going to make it their specific mission to grief guilds like theirs.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
They think they're going to do this because they did it on private servers ignoring the fact how many more people are going to actually be playing and how many people are going to make it their specific mission to grief guilds like theirs.

Northdale has 10k+ people online and has players on during every time zone - hence greater competition for spawns than a regular blizzard server (assuming population caps is same as vanilla)

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That's certainly going to be a shitty existence. But on the plus side Un'Goro is going to be PVP central. Probably totally unusable as a leveling area too.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Every contested zone will be a PvP nightmare. This is why you need to stay ahead of the mass pleb leveling pack. Take a day or two off from work and GIND that shit to get ahead as much as possible.

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Numerous private servers have had more concurrent players with zero sharding/layering than Classic servers and have had large groups of players specifically griefing certain tryhard guilds so this is just wrong.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Look man, I really dislike squished head off-white toothed Ossoi. But I think the real answer here is in the middle.

I can't believe the world first Lucifron was thrown around, mostly because I'm sad I missed it. I play(ed) a lot with skimmins/lowball, and he was in the guild when that was all going on. He regaled us with many awesome stories about how you guys had to stop.

But the game is different now, the people are different, the skillcap is different.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Look man, I really dislike squished head off-white toothed Ossoi. But I think the real answer here is in the middle.

I can't believe the world first Lucifron was thrown around, mostly because I'm sad I missed it. I play(ed) a lot with skimmins/lowball, and he was in the guild when that was all going on. He regaled us with many awesome stories about how you guys had to stop.

But the game is different now, the people are different, the skillcap is different.

It's like nature vs nurture, I reject the sjw claim that all gender differences are due to nurture, but that doesn't mean I think they're all due to nature.

Progression as we knew it, nights and nights of learning mechanics is never coming back.

Not in an era when twitch is streaming other guilds clearing the same content. This doesn't mean that every guild will clear everything immediately but it does mean that major hurdles to clearing are removed.

The other stuff like more debuffs, better talents, better knowledge is just icing on the cake

I genuinely can't believe this is being debated

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
I was literally the first kill of Lucifron if that helps you realize who you are arguing with.

I was there when we were told to leave the zone even though Onyxia would have been dead because people wouldn’t understand a guild killing things ao fast when their leader was on the dev team.

We all “knew” how everything worked back then and still did umb shit.

Have you ever played Everquest? It’s a 20 year old game this year. They have a server mode called TLP which is Time Locked Progression and it is very similar to what WoW is doing here. Those launch raids are designed in crayon compared to the launch WoW raids. People STILL wipe to them out of stupidity, ineptness, undergeared, and overconfident. You know how many times wipes happen and we pinpoint the cause and we hear the following: “I was in the guild that killed it the fastest on this one emu server and it works like this” and then proceed to explain it wrong? Or they claim they are BiS and you look at their gear and they stacked the wrong stat or weighted one too heavy despite it being common sense or did negative defensive stats so sure their damage is good but they don’t survive a single whelp flying by?

You don’t have the slightest clue. You are an autistic mongoloid stalker with obsessive tendencies. You will come in here week 2 though and claim you were right if a single guild clears MC and ignore the fact that 4,500 guilds take two months instead.

You know it’s kind of odd to think that had they gone a different route or if the sheer amount of cash was being thrown at gamers at the time FoH would of probably had Method like sponsorships. Or if Furor and Tigoles would have known they could probably make more cash streaming than working.

Still those were different times and yes people would have flipped their shit if FoH pulled world first of more kills.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Northdale has 10k+ people online and has players on during every time zone - hence greater competition for spawns than a regular blizzard server (assuming population caps is same as vanilla)
Numerous private servers have had more concurrent players with zero sharding/layering than Classic servers and have had large groups of players specifically griefing certain tryhard guilds so this is just wrong.

Right, difference being these spergs are going to stream it to more than 18 people on youtube and there will be a giant army of griefers knowing exactly where they are at all times. Not even to contest devilsaurs, but simply just to make them stop streaming.

It's already happening with that rogue group on classic beta right now.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I imagine it's going to go a lot like the horde guild I lead after the grueling progression to Nefarian on alliance from open through 2005. This is going to be 2006 WOW. In a fresh guild, with fresh 60's, we only wiped on content because we didn't have enough gear. Most bosses were killed first attempts. Only real blocker was Chromaggus without time to collect dust. Everyone will have their cloaks before they get to BWL.

Launch wow != 2006 wow (1.12)

Talents stabilized. Servers stable. Login queues no longer a thing. Threat balanced. Bosses balanced/nurfed. Gear availability. If you recall, spell/healing power didn't exist at launch, so that made shit hard because all your casters were 25% as effective.

Watched Asmon's Zulfarrak run and Jesus that guy is dense, too. No Battleshout, no Rend, no Heroic Strike. So yeah, you're gonna still have idiots that think they know what they're doing leading around gobs of more idiots.

Misinformation was and will still be huge, even with cast rotations and priority being literally documented. Reminds me of this guild I raided with once because I had to miss my guild's earlier that week and Holy shit, it was a complete mess. In 2006, strats were documented and these folks couldn't figure out how to deal with basic trash mechanics in MC. I have no doubt the average retard level will still be high.

WOW brought into it a bunch of people who didn't play video games.

You're also going to have the modern raiders, who poopsock, no life, day 2 Rag kill, finger up the butt, badmitten the shit out of it. It's simply going to be farming gear til everyone's BiS and then maybe do it again with every class, or a new prog server comes up. AQ gates are gonna be opened after like a day because folks will have saved all their fuckin linen and shit.

I'm going to be casual, but the game is fucking casual. Even casual is going to be clearing shit at least once a week, and likely within 3-4 weeks unless I magically find more time to stick my thumb up my ass.

• 1Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
Gruelling? Lol

giphy.gif

• 2Worf
  • 2Like