World of Warcraft: Classic

xzi

Mouthbreather
Unless they arbitrarily add a bunch of new skills for no reason, or bring ranks back, a level squish is needed.

40+ levels of literally gaining nothing is useless.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
The problem is that every expansion they try to reinvent the wheel by adding some new system, gutting the old one, and then patching it all together. Its stupid.

They're at the point where the expansions are becoming numerous, so they need to take a page from other MMOs of the same nature. They need to maintain a stable system that's simple and effective, while just focusing harder on dungeons/raids/gear and other content.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
WoW 2 would be my preference. Start new and sunset WoW 1. It's already being abandoned by the players.

Do the EQ thing and launch classic WoW progressions servers every couple of years for people who like the race.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
WoW 2 would be my preference. Start new and sunset WoW 1. It's already being abandoned by the players.

Do the EQ thing and launch classic WoW progressions servers every couple of years for people who like the race.

Why in the world would you want WoW to do what EQ did? They executed so poorly on their reboot.

xzi

Mouthbreather
The problem is that every expansion they try to reinvent the wheel by adding some new system, gutting the old one, and then patching it all together. Its stupid.

They're at the point where the expansions are becoming numerous, so they need to take a page from other MMOs of the same nature. They need to maintain a stable system that's simple and effective, while just focusing harder on dungeons/raids/gear and other content.

Ion did say earlier in BFA that constantly scrapping old systems is something they need to reconsider. Hopefully he goes through with it, I'd like them to just improve shit instead of introduce a half baked piece of content. (neck, islands, etc)

& I'd love a WoW 2. A full reset too, nothing carrying over and everyone starts fresh. Would be nice.

• 1Like

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Ion did say earlier in BFA that constantly scrapping old systems is something they need to reconsider. Hopefully he goes through with it, I'd like them to just improve shit instead of introduce a half baked piece of content. (neck, islands, etc)

& I'd love a WoW 2. A full reset too, nothing carrying over and everyone starts fresh. Would be nice.

Reflecting on all of the expansions, I can't help but think they should've just been incremental patches. I would love to see their data as I would wager any increase of box sales is negated by people taking a few months off. I know my guild would've fared much better had TBC been in waves of patches rather than an extremely long wait for one giant update. This would allow for more incremental change as well instead of that instant feeling like the previous expansion was completely irrelevant.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Am I seeing this right on streams that the game reverts to 4:3 if you open the world map in Alterac Valley?

Actually that's not the issue. I've just watched an entire AV on Staysafe where the streamer did not once target another player throughout the entire BG. So we're getting the shit AV without PVP?

"pvp"

Last edited:

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Am I seeing this right on streams that the game reverts to 4:3 if you open the world map in Alterac Valley?

Actually that's not the issue. I've just watched an entire AV on Staysafe where the streamer did not once target another player throughout the entire BG. So we're getting the shit AV without PVP?

"pvp"
View attachment 211564

Players told them that the 1.12 Version of AV is dogshit that they needed to keep in all the NPC's the harder versions of them and that they needed to keep Big Daddy Korrak in the middle of the field of strife but again Bliz doesn't listen.

71947-korrak-the-bloodrager.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Blizzard always was strongly compelled to ruin that battleground.

Oh well, if AV ends up shitty races every game I'll just unsub and save myself $15/mo

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Blizzard always was strongly compelled to ruin that battleground.

Oh well, if AV ends up shitty races every game I'll just unsub and save myself $15/mo

If you are resubbing just for AV then I don't even know what to say.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I both love and hate that race matters here, it's not just for looks (fear ward I'm looking at you!)

Still not sure what to roll, much less what race to be :p

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Troll Warrior man. Played too many orcs and don't want to play undead. I really hate playing Tauren.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I keep thinking about post-content after naxx is out and what they're going to do. I still feel like expanding into TBC and wotlk would be a mistake instead of branching off into its own game. I just personally don't feel like going down the expansion route is worth it because where do you end it? WOTLK introduced LFG and phasing (granted it was limited phasing with quest areas, etc). Sure it had the most memorable raids and whatnot cause Arthas OP but WOTLK introduced everything that eventually lead wow to what it is now.
About everyone knows that going TLP route is a mistake, since you end up with the game the players left to play on your Classic server. Each expansion will simply drop the number of players, and I expect most of the diehard would bail when Cataclysm land.

The real question is: how much people will play Classic... and more important: How many will play more/only Classic vs Modern. If there is a significant amount of Classic-only, then they will realize they need to commit resources to sustaining the Classic game... and hopefully persuade the Activision bean counters that, no, releasing the expansions unchanged is going to crash that game, no keep them around.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I would resub just for AV alone. But not for this gimp version of AV.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
If you are resubbing just for AV then I don't even know what to say.

By the time AV is out I'll have two 60s and lots of 5 man gear. The chance of me joining a raid guild is low. I play WoW to PvP primarily. Large scale PvP is my favorite activity, and BGs killed world PvP, so if AV is dead then my primary activity is dead and by then I've relived the leveling and dungeon experience.

If I can find some buddies to play hard defense in AV with and force them to fight, then I'll stick around

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>

Not just that, but by now, their 4-raid design and titanforging and whatnot necessitates a gear reset EVERY CONTENT PATCH rather than every expansion. We started the expansion at, what, 300 ilvl? We're at 475 cap? (no idea, I've not kept up with the patches since I unsubbed)

xzi

Mouthbreather
Players told them that the 1.12 Version of AV is dogshit that they needed to keep in all the NPC's the harder versions of them and that they needed to keep Big Daddy Korrak in the middle of the field of strife but again Bliz doesn't listen.

71947-korrak-the-bloodrager.jpg
in awe at the size of this lad

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the number of people that are going to play classic is being vastly underestimated. The wowclassic subreddit has 140k people subbed to it. I know that doesn't translate on a 1:1 scale but it's going to be a lot. Frankly I was going to take off work for a few days to play on launch but I think they are only planning on eight servers and fully expect it to be impossible to log in. Even a buddy of mine that works at bliz and runs their servers is fucking sweating bullets.

I hope they do classic - wotlk progression eventually. Anything after that is garbage. Maybe take post Arthas in a different direction from cata. They won't though.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I think the number of people that are going to play classic is being vastly underestimated. The wowclassic subreddit has 140k people subbed to it. I know that doesn't translate on a 1:1 scale but it's going to be a lot. Frankly I was going to take off work for a few days to play on launch but I think they are only planning on eight servers and fully expect it to be impossible to log in. Even a buddy of mine that works at bliz and runs their servers is fucking sweating bullets.

I hope they do classic - wotlk progression eventually. Anything after that is garbage. Maybe take post Arthas in a different direction from cata. They won't though.

But with the faggot tech that is layering isn’t it the same as running 100 servers?

Also hasn’t Blizzard underestimated pretty much every game release they do?

• 2Like