World of Warcraft: Classic

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Skarm is highly regarded for both warriors and feral druids. Haven't watched the video or paid attention to anything he says, but that's his standing in the community at least

Is lack of reading comprehension one of your Euro super powers? I was talking about how Tipsout seems to have close to zero knowledge of anything Vanilla related yet this guy is pretending to be some expert. You can see in the video how fucking clueless he really is.

Also as for your private server community fucks who are constantly blowing themselves @a_skeleton_03 is 100% right in that they haven't invented a fucking thing and in fact are most of the time wrong in their so called knowledge. They shit they are just learning in 2019 on Private servers is stuff that was done in 2005.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Then the population will drop like a rock after the rose colored glasses break. A sea of empty classic servers after a month or so.

33lko5.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Is lack of reading comprehension one of your Euro super powers? I was talking about how Tipsout seems to have close to zero knowledge of anything Vanilla related yet this guy is pretending to be some expert. You can see in the video how fucking clueless he really is.

Is lack of reading comprehension one of your Yank super powers? I was not talking about how Tipsout seems to have close to zero knowledge of anything Vanilla related yet this guy is pretending to be some expert. You can read my post again to see I only mentioned Skarm

Also as for your private server community fucks who are constantly blowing themselves @a_skeleton_03 is 100% right in that they haven't invented a fucking thing and in fact are most of the time wrong in their so called knowledge. They shit they are just learning in 2019 on Private servers is stuff that was done in 2005.

Were feral druids viable DPS in Vanilla through use of "power shifting", Manual Crowd Pummelers and Wolfshead Helmet?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Is lack of reading comprehension one of your Yank super powers? I was not talking about how Tipsout seems to have close to zero knowledge of anything Vanilla related yet this guy is pretending to be some expert. You can read my post again to see I only mentioned Skarm

Were feral druids viable DPS in Vanilla through use of "power shifting", Manual Crowd Pummelers and Wolfshead Helmet?

Yes people did it back then you moronic fucking faggot. The only difference between Vanilla and the private server autist was the level of mix/maxing being done. Most people knew about the crowd pummelers they just weren't sperg level retards who farmed 5 of those a raid to do mediocre dps. The private server community didn't discover shit. It's amazing that you honestly believe that they did. The only thing the private server people have accomplished with 780 weeks of raid resets is to learn to do it faster since that was literally the only thing offered to them.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>

I don’t think that people like Parchment Teeth over there realize how private servers were made.

You collect packets sent from the game server to your client and also take a look at the client side files. These packets are often the result of calculations made server side so you are quite often getting the answer to the math problem but not the problem itself. It also often results a lot in a client side action happening and then a server side monitoring that does a lot of scripting before something happens that the server sends. What did it do? We have no clue. This is why we still don’t know quite how a few mechanics work on the backend like Onyxia.

Now what the private server admins do is tweak it all until it looks as close to the live servers as they can. It’s close enough to be playable and fun but it is not accurate. Well accurate is a scale so maybe you can use that word if you really want.

With these calculations being off you can have things that are viable on a private server that aren’t actually viable on live servers and vice versa. This is especially apparent if you are trying to ultra autistic min/max it like the morons that play these servers do.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I'm about to do AQ40 and BWL so I really can't be bothered having the same arguments, although accuracy is a separate topic to Feral Druid viability - and I've never once claimed pvt servers to be 100% accurate - it's a nice straw man I guess.

Although the notion that in 15 years mankind is incapable of finding new ways to do any endeavour or figuring out new things is actually kinda retarded.

However, I do find the negativity towards min-maxing funny

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I'm about to do AQ40 and BWL so I really can't be bothered having the same arguments, although accuracy is a separate topic to Feral Druid viability - and I've never once claimed pvt servers to be 100% accurate - it's a nice straw man I guess.

Although the notion that in 15 years mankind is incapable of finding new ways to do any endeavour or figuring out new things is actually kinda retarded.

However, I do find the negativity towards min-maxing funny
It’s not negativity towards min/max but the fact you think that it’s going to change the entire landscape of these servers.

Your arrogance because you recently joined a crew of people that think they are hot shit but didn’t matter back then is laughable.

In 15 years if you haven’t found new ways to do things you are a moron, unless it’s a video game that hasn’t changed in that time. You are confusing things being meta on private servers with completely new ideas.

At the same time you are forgetting we figured out all of those broken interactions and a couple things happened as a result.
  1. We got them fixed.
  2. They didn’t impact enough.
  3. We still have them and will use them.
Just because you haven’t learned about them until this year doesn’t mean it’s new.

Nobody said you claimed they were 100% but you are talking about items with such minimal stats that if there is a single rounding error in the codebase the math completely changes. The things you rely on for private servers might be completely unviable in every way on live but you haven’t once stopped and thought that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
At the same time you are forgetting we figured out all of those broken interactions and a couple things happened as a result.

Vanilla launched with 1.0 talents. You originally raided with these talents. Classic will launch with 1.12 talents as do private servers. That right there is a major gameplay difference.

World top 5 Sapph kill with Hunters Mark, Shadow Word Pain and no curses up.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Vanilla launched with 1.0 talents. You originally raided with these talents. Classic will launch with 1.12 talents as do private servers. That right there is a major gameplay difference.

You do understand that the 1.12 patch happened during Vanilla right? Or does someone need to explain to you how patches work.

• 1Worf

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

For what it's worth, you linked a video of Skarm getting interviewed. Meaning Skarm does most of the talking. I also had trouble understanding the correlation between Tipsout being an artard and the video you posted.

Tipsout could be an idiot, idk. The video you posted was a confusing example.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist

Are you blind? I see COE and COS both up on Saph the entire time. I don't see SW: P up. Shadowpriests are garbage in Vanilla.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
That Sapphiron vid is obviously fake! If all these private server videos have told me anything, it's that vanilla required way more consumables to kill bosses in naxx!

xzi

Mouthbreather
You say shadowpriests are garbage in vanilla

I say I'm still triggered at the shadowpriest in bgs that got rank 14 on horde 3 weeks in a row

TBLSmfF.png

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is lack of reading comprehension one of your Euro super powers?

Heeey now, Brexit. He's not really "Euro" anymore. His failings are entirely his own.

By the way, regarding people who still predict classic to fail because it's all nostalgia, I remember people in 2004 predicting WoW itself to fail because cartoon graphics, Blizzard doesn't know how to make an MMO and so on...

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
By the way, regarding people who still predict classic to fail because it's all nostalgia, I remember people in 2004 predicting WoW itself to fail because cartoon graphics, Blizzard doesn't know how to make an MMO and so on...

This shit makes me laugh.

I have friends that don't even play videogames anymore that are more excited for it than I am.

• 1Like

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, one thing that is noticeable on EQ emus is that people just tend to abuse exploits and 'tricks' far more often than they once did. I can't really think of anything that our current players actually invented-- what they do is just abuse things much more frequently that were maybe only done by a few people back in the day or otherwise not very often. This has caused some arguing because some of these 'tricks' tend to ruin the game mechanics.

For example: people were farming DA earrings and putting bards in wizard groups on our emu because DA used to wipe virtually all hate on use, and doing this for almost every raid boss. This was nerfed around 2-3 months into PoP? I pushed hard for us to nerf that, because it just was rarely done on AK for whatever reason, but some of them did know about it.

Another problem we had is that pathing on our emu is just more reliable (although it lacks some collision old EQ had) and our server is just able to handle more at once than EQ did. This caused another issue: people were kiting entire zones around (like 300+ NPCs) to CC them or use a bard to aggro them then AoE 300 mob pulls with near zero risk. This was not possible because pathing in EQ made NPCs run backwards and in crazy directions in many zones and the servers slowed way down if you pulled like 80+ mobs. We had to put in some anti-kiting logic to prevent this. Shield of songs aggro was something that was known by some people back then, but on the emus people see it and the ideas just spread much farther than they used to and before you know it people stop leveling legit and just kite 300 mob pulls.

Also I can tell you that omissions on emu servers are far more likely to make the game easier rather than harder.

As for emu quality, that depends on the competence of the developers more than anything. Emus can be a joke or they can be highly accurate if the devs are smart with a lot of time to work on it. WoW is probably harder to get right than EQ though because the lack of logs and the encounters are more scripted. I suppose they have youtube to look at.

• 1Like