World of Warcraft: Classic

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I continue to hope that Classic is popular enough that Activism asks some really tough questions about the current product and its direction.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I continue to hope that Classic is popular enough that Activism asks some really tough questions about the current product and its direction.

I honestly hope for this as well but then again I would be afraid they would simply come to the wrong conclusion about why it is successful.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather

wouldn't get your hopes up cause I give it 2 years minimum until classic has a level boost purchasable

• 1Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Maul

Dental Dammer
For every great British comedy you list I'll name 5 American, and odds are brits watch all of them.

Maybe try making seasons that are longer than 3 episodes.
Ok I'll start with 10,

Black Adder
Red Dwarf
The Inbetweeners
The Office
The thick of it
Peep Show
Fawlty Towers
Only fools and horses
Monty Python
An idiot abroad

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
wouldn't get your hopes up cause I give it 2 years minimum until classic has a level boost purchasable

What I really expect is for Blizzard to alternate releasing an expansion for retail WoW and then Classic WoW. BfA was August last year, Classic is this August, new retail expansion in late Summer 2020 and then The Burning Crusade in 2021. Nothing new, no forked development alternate future expansions, just rereleased content every other year until they run out of it.

What I want is them to start an alternate timeline by revamping The Burning Crusade. Keep Paladins Alliance only and Shaman Horde only, redo the encounters, the story and take the talent trees in different directions. As part of the expansion you can eventually unlock the Demon Hunter class complete with a retro redesign to fit the older game. There have to be thousands upon thousands of pages of ideas that got passed up through the development of WoW. Start busting some of them out.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

They should just honor the fundamental game design of Vanilla and retcon anything that deviates.

Why didn’t they offer level boost at release in 2004? Because it defied their design fundamentals. And honestly it would’ve been such an offensive suggestion I highly doubt they even considered it.

Such features will always defy Vanilla’s design fundamentals and shouldn’t be accessible in WoW 2. Same goes for flying, leveling weapons, 5 different versions of the same dungeon, etc.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Ion did say earlier in BFA that constantly scrapping old systems is something they need to reconsider. Hopefully he goes through with it, I'd like them to just improve shit instead of introduce a half baked piece of content. (neck, islands, etc)

& I'd love a WoW 2. A full reset too, nothing carrying over and everyone starts fresh. Would be nice.
I loved the artifact weapons. There was no reason to get rid of them.

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Legion would have made a lot of sense as the conclusion of World of Warcraft. You've seen your character rise through the ranks over the years until they have reached the pinnacle of their classes hierarchy. You've sought out and obtained the most powerful weapons in the history of your world. At the conclusion you travel to another planet to utterly destroy the Burning Legion in the seat of its power and the artifacts themselves are all consumed in an attempt to stem the damage of the final blight Sargeras has set upon your home.

Then you have Warcraft 4 come out and advance the story before finally releasing long awaited sequel to World of Warcraft. After the events of WarFour the Alliance and Horde don't all have the same races or classes they did before and your new character - a dumbfuck that just fell off the turnip truck - hears the call of adventure and goes off to find their place in the world.

Mechanically you wipe the slate clean completely. Squish everyone back down to level sixty with crap gear, all that jazz. For people that like what the game was there just happens to be some new servers coming along where you'll start in Classic and eventually move through the entire game's history.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
HCoqm0d.jpg

• 9Worf
Reactions: 8 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
They should just honor the fundamental game design of Vanilla and retcon anything that deviates.

Why didn’t they offer level boost at release in 2004? Because it defied their design fundamentals. And honestly it would’ve been such an offensive suggestion I highly doubt they even considered it.

Such features will always defy Vanilla’s design fundamentals and shouldn’t be accessible in WoW 2. Same goes for flying, leveling weapons, 5 different versions of the same dungeon, etc.

sure and I agree with you, but assuming classic is super fucking successful (which I genuinely think it will be) eventually they're going to get to the point where.. hey, why don't we have any of our other services in this version of the game that everyone is playing?

I don't have faith in blizzard anymore when it comes to anything, I really hope they prove me wrong. With this, with diablo 4, with the rest of BFA actually being fun to play, I want them to be better.

• 1Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So I keep seeing Tipsout all over classic and they act like he is some knowledgeable dude. After watching this video the dude is a clueless fucking moron. How are these faggots even being seen as a source of information. Fucking aspies.

Also fury tanking isnt' something new to Private Servers this was being done in Vanilla even in shit tier guilds.

• 2Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The wowclassic subreddit has 140k people subbed to it. I know that doesn't translate on a 1:1 scale
No, of course. Usually, it's 90/10. 80-90% of the people don't do forum things. That translates into something of the order of 1M-1M5 players.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
So I keep seeing Tipsout all over classic and they act like he is some knowledgeable dude. After watching this video the dude is a clueless fucking moron. How are these faggots even being seen as a source of information. Fucking aspies.

Also fury tanking isnt' something new to Private Servers this was being done in Vanilla even in shit tier guilds.

Skarm is highly regarded for both warriors and feral druids. Haven't watched the video or paid attention to anything he says, but that's his standing in the community at least

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
What I want is them to start an alternate timeline by revamping The Burning Crusade. Keep Paladins Alliance only and Shaman Horde only, redo the encounters, the story and take the talent trees in different directions.
This is probably the only part of non-vanilla I'd keep in a Classic line for WoW. Allow paladins and shamans in the other faction. Just ditch every new race and class that come with the pipeline: no Draenei crashing next to Kalimdor, no High Elves succumbing to magic craze; they simply remain isolated. No DK. No Monks. No Pandas. No future allied races. Simply keep iterating the vanilla formula, fix just the minimum required (nerf the +% crit trinkets, anything like that), done.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
LOL didn't know about this post from Exide from DNT to Furor re; the 14 day post. Shit's funny though

48:00 - 50:00

Chris

Potato del Grande
LOL didn't know about this post from Exide from DNT to Furor re; the 14 day post. Shit's funny though

48:00 - 50:00

That's exactly why I'm on this forum. I saw the reposted letter on the WoW forums and someone linked it back to here.

• 2Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the number of people that are going to play classic is being vastly underestimated. The wowclassic subreddit has 140k people subbed to it. I know that doesn't translate on a 1:1 scale but it's going to be a lot. Frankly I was going to take off work for a few days to play on launch but I think they are only planning on eight servers and fully expect it to be impossible to log in. Even a buddy of mine that works at bliz and runs their servers is fucking sweating bullets.

I hope they do classic - wotlk progression eventually. Anything after that is garbage. Maybe take post Arthas in a different direction from cata. They won't though.

I think you are right, at least at launch. Going to be huge. Then the population will drop like a rock after the rose colored glasses break. A sea of empty classic servers after a month or so.

Probably going to play and I'm about as casual as you can get in WoW. Subbed less than a year total since starting in BC. Going to be a ton of us filthies mucking up the works.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Im in for at least 6 months. After that we will see how much fun I am having still.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
...Then the population will drop like a rock after the rose colored glasses break. A sea of empty classic servers after a month or so...

I'd put money up that you're very wrong about that.

• 1Like