World of Warcraft: Classic

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I just really like sleep lately. I could sleep forever if I gamed WoW until 5am and then told my wife I now need to sleep for 8 hours and she's on her own with both our children for the day.
You are just not old enough for the "senile Bettflucht". Get up at 3 am and play while everyone is still sleeping.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Any of you old school mage pro's know of any aoe spots inside instances before Maraudon? Sounds like I'm landing on a pvp server and I would reallllly rather not have to deal with getting ganked every other pull as I dont' think i'm taking time off work which means I'll be behind the curve a bit.
I would be surprised if leveling mages have the mana pool to support AOE grinding elites, and other than SM GY I cant really think of any instances with non elites and some room to maneuver.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Any of you old school mage pro's know of any aoe spots inside instances before Maraudon? Sounds like I'm landing on a pvp server and I would reallllly rather not have to deal with getting ganked every other pull as I dont' think i'm taking time off work which means I'll be behind the curve a bit.

Not a fan of invisible people in open world PvP, and WoW also gave them 30 different forms of crowd control. I feel bad for people who aren't gaming 24/7 while on disability/welfare and decide to roll on a PvP server while not a rogue. Good luck! /insert WorldOfRoguecraft video

• 1Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You could, god fucking forbid I know, just grind in instances with other actual people instead of being a solo artist.

Nevermind that could never work.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
If memory serves I rememebr farming SM as a 60 shaman back in the day for mount and other purchases. every run netted about 25 gold or so If I remember correct, plus all the greens and a few BOE blues plus chests that dropped there which were rare. Easy farm that took minutes.

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
If memory serves I rememebr farming SM as a 60 shaman back in the day for mount and other purchases. every run netted about 25 gold or so If I remember correct, plus all the greens and a few BOE blues plus chests that dropped there which were rare. Easy farm that took minutes.
I don’t think you get that much gold per clear unless you’re talking all four wings or something. You could make 25g in an hour maybe, but certainly not just a few minutes.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Maybe Im not remembering that right, but I did used to farm it, that is until AV came out then I farmed that to get my mount.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Mage swarming was more or less worthless outside of ZG critters (gators and tigers) & black moreass. Were there any other places you could and not have to deal with leashes and ranged mobs? Those were the only two I ever did, made stupid gold farming BM and selling all the leather / spider silks

Was kinda funny for priests though, sneaking in and farming the princess for blue enchant shards was stupid money early on.

Can farm a ton of runecloth doing this if it isn't fixed. Bet.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don’t think you get that much gold per clear unless you’re talking all four wings or something. You could make 25g in an hour maybe, but certainly not just a few minutes.

If you attack the boss of the cathedral it pulls the whole zone, so you could probably still do that at 60... it'd take an hour to loot though, do they still have the area loot option or no because that wasn't 1.12?

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
You could, god fucking forbid I know, just grind in instances with other actual people instead of being a solo artist.

Nevermind that could never work.
No Shit....it's just not always possible. I'm dicking off on a private server a bit now trying to play catchup to some friends to screw around while we wait on classic to drop and it's been annoying when people show up to grief (granted i'm at common ae spots so it's basically my fault). Just trying to think of other options, as I'm sure there will also be times on launch when i've got a bit of time but not enough to warrant getting a group going or whatever. Can't see the harm in finding other possibilities.

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
If you attack the boss of the cathedral it pulls the whole zone, so you could probably still do that at 60... it'd take an hour to loot though, do they still have the area loot option or no because that wasn't 1.12?
There is no AOE loot and nobody can do a full cath pull as a fresh 60 anyways.