World of Warcraft: Classic

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
How am I gonna send NE bhole pics to booze???

You gotta post em on the neutral auction house in Booty Bay and hope I buy them up before someone snatches it.

uGwK0T9.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So as far as the stress test goes, when I first logged in there were a fair number of servers it felt like there was a decent number of people but then quest mobs weren't overly camped. Then they reduced it down to 2 realms and it was a pretty terrible experience in general. Hundreds of people in the starting zones meant that trying to complete quests was pretty much a waste of time the best way to deal with it would be to group up with a max party for the Kill X quests which are most of them and fight over the collect X number of drops quest which for the Durotar section there are only a few.

At first I tried to just leave the starting area but the level 6 mobs are a little to hard to kill at Level 1. You can kill them but you will need to heal up after each fight, I ended up grouping up with 2 people and the level 6 mobs only gave 23xp meaning it wasn't worth the hassle to leave the starting zone as shitty as it was it was better and faster to deal with the crowded mess.

Once I finished up the starting area I ended up logging out for an hour or 2 and then hopped back on at this point I was done with the starting area and while there were still a large number of people playing it was plenty manageable. I might do a little more later tonight and tomorrow but I will probably just mess around with addons. Hopefully they set up enough servers on launch or at least layer often enough for the starting areas, it's obviously going to thin out at higher levels as people take alternative leveling paths and spread out I almost feel like they should just do sharding in the first 1-20 level zones then remove it after instead of the layering.

While I think the layering is a better tech option if they are making world wide 3 different versions of Realm one it's going to be pretty useless for the level 60's and the ones who do abuse it for Black Lotus, Thorium Veins, Gurbashi chest event stuff is just going to hurt the fresh economies. I wonder if the STV fishing event will be able to be layered as well.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
From what I understand their intention is for layering to only apply to starting zones for the first week or two. I doubt you'll be able to flip them for Lotus or Thorium etc like you can right now in beta.

Playing tonight was pretty AIDS but that's to be expected with only 2 servers up and open access to everyone. On my layer at least (Server 15) there was hundreds of people in the starting area and like 5 people camping every single spawn spot hoping to get tags. I'm going to assume they got some good data tonight on spawn rates, players in the area, etc and it will be much better when this hits retail.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
From what I understand their intention is for layering to only apply to starting zones for the first week or two. I doubt you'll be able to flip them for Lotus or Thorium etc like you can right now in beta.

Playing tonight was pretty AIDS but that's to be expected with only 2 servers up and open access to everyone. On my layer at least (Server 15) there was hundreds of people in the starting area and like 5 people camping every single spawn spot hoping to get tags. I'm going to assume they got some good data tonight on spawn rates, players in the area, etc and it will be much better when this hits retail.

The most current information from Blizzard is that Layering it not like sharding is world wide so think of it like Mal'Ganis 1, Mal'Ganis 2, Mal'Ganis 3 each time one is filled the next one opens. Sharding it done on a small scale. Also they have said they will remove layering in Phase 2 which is the outdoor bosses, and Diremaul phase I doubt that will hit as quickly as 1-2 weeks. I would expect Phase 2 not to hit for at least a month probably 2-3 though.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I expect layering to have ramifications larger than what is being implied by Blizzard but not large enough to wreck anything.

• 1Like

Dalien

Registered Hodor
I'M THE STREAMER GIVE ME THE MOUNT! I'M NEVER STREAMING AGAIN IF I DON'T GET IT! I'M SO CLOSE TO 300 MOUNTS :( :( :(

fucking lol that guy who got it is a hero.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Meh, if you already had a sub it'd be worth to see how launch is going to go and if you can get ahead of people.
I don't need to play three stress tests to tell you how to get ahead of people. I'm gonna tell you, it's very easy:
get yourself a big poop sock and play 18 hours a day.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The most current information from Blizzard is that Layering it not like sharding is world wide so think of it like Mal'Ganis 1, Mal'Ganis 2, Mal'Ganis 3 each time one is filled the next one opens. Sharding it done on a small scale. Also they have said they will remove layering in Phase 2 which is the outdoor bosses, and Diremaul phase I doubt that will hit as quickly as 1-2 weeks. I would expect Phase 2 not to hit for at least a month probably 2-3 though.
If it's anywhere close to the original timeline it won't be for at least 4 months.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'M THE STREAMER GIVE ME THE MOUNT! I'M NEVER STREAMING AGAIN IF I DON'T GET IT! I'M SO CLOSE TO 300 MOUNTS :(:(:(

fucking lol that guy who got it is a hero.

"I'll make you mod in my channel forever"

What an insane offer. How could anyone not refuse...

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I only made it to level 4 or so, and then I just started to mess with a few add-ons and keybinds. I thought it was a pretty good stress test, there were several hundred people in every starting area and I wasn't experiencing any lag.

PVP servers are going to be a cluster fuck of ganking lol

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Made a human warrior and after an hour struggling to kill 10 kobolds with 300 people squatting on their spawn points I wised up and made a orc warrior. Got to level 6 in about an hour in Durotar. No lag or server issues whatsoever. Had a buddy in Mulgore and she said it was pretty smooth sailing over there all things considered.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
also lol @ people in game complaining about server/spawn issues, just wait until it actually launches

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
I tagged 1 plainstrider in like 15 minutes so you could say I'm pretty stressed :Mad PC:

• 3Worf
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers