World of Warcraft: Classic

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Had to convert water to air or vice versa. I remember doing this for storm shroud shit.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Weren't those daily cooldowns though?

I got my original account banned for botting the elementals in silithus farming that shit lol

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Weren't those daily cooldowns though?

I got my original account banned for botting the elementals in silithus farming that shit lol
It wasn't too hard to level crafting on mules as far as I remember, I think I had a few to convert. Most annoying part was like the mats around lvl 20 or so like silver and what not which were always expensive cause people outleveled it too fast and as Horde the nodes were all over the fucking barrens. As Alliance you could get silver in that low level dungeon under Stormwind or something iirc so it wasn't as bad.

I remember the stupidest shit about vanilla.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I remember dire maul being a pretty nice area to farm arcane crystals. There was a guaranteed three or so rich thorium nodes at the end of the wing with the satyr boss and almost all of the trash was skipable.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It wasn't too hard to level crafting on mules as far as I remember, I think I had a few to convert. Most annoying part was like the mats around lvl 20 or so like silver and what not which were always expensive cause people outleveled it too fast and as Horde the nodes were all over the fucking barrens. As Alliance you could get silver in that low level dungeon under Stormwind or something iirc so it wasn't as bad.

I remember the stupidest shit about vanilla.

Ahhh it wasn't the stupidest shit though...it was all the little quirks that made it great. That we'd never put up with again.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
No posts for nearly a month. Anything new regarding this shit?

Besides the rose-colored glasses circlejerk. What else could be new regarding classic? Isn't that the point of it, to go back to the good ol' days?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

norp

Bronze Squire
We won't see this for 1-2 years at least, probably not going to be a lot of information any time soon regarding details.

• 1Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
I think of classic WoW as prime Jenny McCarthy, Jenna Jameson in her prime, Jena Haze, Gauge, the chick from ideepthroat.com, back when the landing strip was the way to go. Pamela Anderson was still hot and aids/hep free making shitty movies like barbed wire.

Alicia Silverstone and Areosmiths daughter were making videos of lesbian sex. Everything was extreme advertising of Doritos and Mountain Dew. Arnold was still an action hero and not an old fogey. The Martix was cuttIng edge shit and people pretended to like Limp Bisquit and Dane Cook. Anyways the point is I wanna 40 man raid molten core for fun.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
I just can't imagine this being successful for more than a few months unless they do it as a progression server (in which case I think it would be wildly successful). One of my biggest problems with WoW is that the release of content was always too slow to keep me playing from one content patch to the next.

I would release a progression server and keep it moving forward until either Cataclysm or Pandaria, and then release a second progression server starting from scratch. Have them progress at about twice the speed that live did. Once the first progression server caught up to live just allow everyone to server transfer to another realm and start the server over from scratch. That way you you always have two progression servers cycling through the content significantly far enough apart from each other to keep them both interesting. I think that would keep many people, even the ones who hate the new content and just want to raid and dungeon crawl through earlier iterations, constantly coming back.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
The well maintained private servers were doing very well ...

until Blizzard came in and shut them down.

People were interested, but it's hard to commit to a character when you know that the server's gonna get shut down at any moment.

• 1Solidarity

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
The well maintained private servers were doing very well ...

until Blizzard came in and shut them down.

People were interested, but it's hard to commit to a character when you know that the server's gonna get shut down at any moment.

This is where I was on Emerald Dream. There started to be murmurs of bad shit going down and I couldn't continue to invest so much of my time. Damn shame as I was gonna be a badass rogue with TF when that second binding dropped.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Playing a mage was mega shit due to having to drink after everything. But dual trinket popping 3m pom pryo was some hilarious times.

Rogues were op as fuck.

Hunters also had to drink and properly weave auto-shot. But woe be to anybody with cloth near them.

Warriors in bgs with heal bots = best thing ever.

Fucking paladins thinking they could do things besides heal (no, get fucked and go back to rank 1 flash of light + spirit of aquamentus + blessing of light).

My rogue soloing much of brd and farming flame dude for cash was good times. Before more normalization was fun out thinking people in pvp duels.

But my fondest memory, being in scrub guild that shat out ashkanfi every other week to real guilds horror. Friend and I both ashkandi warriors and priest friend dominating BGs.... Was silly near end of vanilla moving into one of the real raid guilds and actually doing pretty well in naxx despite being only a mishmash of AQ and below gear. Actually rifles some feathers of people i showed up that overgeared me.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

xzi

Mouthbreather
I think instead of grinding High Warlord I'm going to go for the most amount of dishonorable kills just so I can get those internet points for being an absolute mad lad

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Can't wait for the 2020 update when they tell us their chosen Server Name.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Glad to see there is some progress even if its glacial.

The only thing I would like to see different from 1.12 is some more talent balancing so trees are not useless. But that's pretty risky so they probably shouldn't mess with it.

• 1Solidarity

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I wouldn't hate a numbers pass to try to tune massively underperforming specs up to at least being mediocre. But a ton of people *would* hate that, even if the "best" classes remained the best. Every Shaman's life goal is to be Nightfall Bitch long enough to scrounge together a Sulfuras and quit the guild to go PVPing.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity