World of Warcraft: Classic

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This and the Michael Jordan's of TLP/EQ Emu fucking crack me up. No one gives a shit that you are shaving 30 seconds off completing a test (that you know all the answers to) that you've been taking for 15 years. You're boring and have a sad life.

Accomplishing things when they were relevant will always be more impressive. The majority of that battle, especially in early EQ and WoW was always strategy, once you knew how to do it the execution was fucking cake.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
This and the Michael Jordan's of TLP/EQ Emu fucking crack me up. No one gives a shit that you are shaving 30 seconds off completing a test (that you know all the answers to) that you've been taking for 15 years. You're boring and have a sad life.

Accomplishing things when they were relevant will always be more impressive. The majority of that battle, especially in early EQ and WoW was always strategy, once you knew how to do it the execution was fucking cake.

By all means feel free to find where I said anything contrary to the above

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
What? If you're tanking then obviously you should wear plate and whatever is necessary to stay alive.

If you're a warrior and you're not assigned to tank then of course you don't need to wear plate.
Please shut the fuck up. Warriors in my guild in Vanilla wore some Leather peices.

Just because every guild didn't have the time to minmax everything didn't mean that there weren't people minmaxing in these ways.

We had forums and websites dedicated to data mining and minmaxing. Fuck you.

Where do you live, I'll fight you.

• 6Worf
  • 3Solidarity
  • 2Weird Boner
Reactions: 11 users

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Everyone with even a little bit of sense knew the basic requirements of playing at the end-game, how to gear, DPS rotations, etc.And if they didn't, forums at elitistjerks filled in the blanks.
This is demonstrably false. See: world first rag kill video where rogue never uses SnD.

I was in the top horde guild on my server and throughout most of vanilla I literally did double the damage of some of our other warlocks, even into Naxx. And I wasn’t a super tryhard minmaxer, I just knew when to lifetap, used mana pots every now and then, and didn’t watch my fucking shadowbolt fly through the air and hit the boss before casting my next one. People sucked really badly in vanilla, even in top guilds.

Last edited:

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, I know a couple EQ clerics that couldn't handle WoW because they actually had to play instead of chat with the occasional CH.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
It's not about what is done now or wasn't done then. It's about the claim that the 2005 knowledge of something is the same level as the 2019 knowledge. I literally just spelt it out earlier this afternoon

Also, it's not like all this information wasn't listed online, either. Wowhead became a thing in January 2006.

Comprehensive Classic WoW Consumables List

Your literal first post to me on this forum, which is how I came to know you were in my guild, was "were you Hawthorne's Druid". So 6 months ago or whenever that post was you weren't even sure who I was, and now after the last month of classic vs pvt server discussion you suddenly think I'm an asshole because you can't think for yourself.

Yeah, I was an asshole then - no shit, hence why I was able to lead retards like you who can't think for yourselves through MC and BWL, lol

This whole thing is so stupid, so if you guys played the same version of a game for 15 years, do you really think that your 2019 selves wouldn't know more about the game than your 2004 selves? Just think about that for a second.

a_skeleton_03 has already proved my point - he chose not to wear leather because it didn't fit with his 2004 knowledge of the class. Warriors are the only horde class that wears plate therefore so they must wear plate at all times.

You might have known that wearing non plate pieces would have boosted your DPS but clearly you didn't know by how much it would boost your DPS, and maybe if you did you wouldn't have maintained full plate.

Ergo your knowledge of the game is lacking when it comes to todays standards

By all means guys, really - keep this going and I'll keep exposing the flaws in your shitty logic
You're discounting the fact that I remembered your name to begin with, and once confirmed, I connected all of those memories I had to you. You even fucking asked on this forum "how do you remember these things?" Because you were a dick. You don't remember me because I never fucking talked to you. Because you were a dick. I chatted with Haw quite often regarding strategy and other shit, though I doubt he'd even remember me, because why would he. He was too busy destroying his mouse and talking about his asshole clamping shut after a dry turd fell out.

And saying I can't think for myself? Bitch, I fed into the GM, not you. Also, I ran a guild through AQ and Naxx, while you guys were limping along due to players leaving for DV or VQ or whatever. My guild continued through TBC and Wrath. Get fucked.

Now that I think about it, your entire officer list were a bunch of idiots funneling gear on some contrived bullshit DKP system that carried over from UO, while even though Haw was negative 3000 DKP or some shit, gear went to him or you, or another officer like a typical clique guild with dick bag leaders. It's no wonder you guys didn't go anywhere and got stormed and siphoned off players by better guilds.

Literally everything you've brought up was done during vanilla. A lot wasn't done by the vast majority due to timeline.

You could gear your rogues and allow them to continue playing, or stiff them on gear because an extra warrior who should be tanking wants to pvp or dps. Or whatever fucking mix of shit. In a bubble, with a long enough term, isolated plan, yeah, you can optimize to the level going on in private servers, which I predict will happen with Classic, too. You're an idiot if that wasn't a thought back in the day, but we had a much shorter timeline. I saw plenty of leather warriors champeening in battlegrounds. And literally everything else you mentioned someone was doing, just not to the extremes they're doing with an infinite timeline.

Several years of gear collection on an emu vs less than 2 years, or even 6 months? Yeah, you're gonna cuck the shit out of things. To say it wasn't calculated that warriors were gonna push dps with appropriate gear is fucking nonsensical idiocy.

I'll admit the efficiency of downing bosses in vanilla is faster now, but it's because they had time to do so (gear out 11 warriors). Not because it was unique, special, or in any way had to do with any lack of knowledge of the game.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
35fp2l.jpg
Why does Ossoi look like John Oliver?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

nisser

Trakanon Raider
This is demonstrably false. See: world first rag kill video where rogue never uses SnD.

I was in the top horde guild on my server and throughout most of vanilla I literally did double the damage of some of our other warlocks, even into Naxx. And I wasn’t a super tryhard minmaxer, I just knew when to lifetap, used mana pots every now and then, and didn’t watch my fucking shadowbolt fly through the air and hit the boss before casting my next one. People sucked really badly in vanilla, even in top guilds.
There’s a huge knowledge gap between first rag kill and naxx on farm yes.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
This is kind of like boasting about your calculus knowledge and telling everyone that you could totally slay that 2nd grade math test.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
This is kind of like boasting about your calculus knowledge and telling everyone that you could totally slay that 2nd grade math test.
I'm not sure I could slay a 4th grade math test at this point without a calculator.

I had to re-figure out how to manually calculate a divide the other day due to some math puzzle someone posted somewhere in FSR I think.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I'm not sure I could slay a 4th grade math test at this point without a calculator.

I had to re-figure out how to manually calculate a divide the other day due to some math puzzle someone posted somewhere in FSR I think.

What an idiot you mean you didn’t buff up with a calculator before the test? I bet you didn’t even know to stack up on #2 pencils. After I graduated high school, I set up a faux school room and have been practicing that same test ever since I bet I can answer it at least 3x faster now.

• 3Worf
  • 1Ice Burn
Reactions: 3 users