World of Warcraft: Classic

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
No, it comes down to the fact that I don't believe you or anyone else could possibly have the same level of knowledge about anything in 2004 as people today have about that thing.

This is especially true when it comes down to something like wow classic which has stayed the same for the last 15 years.

You could take the top dota2 team or league of legends, freeze development for 20 years and the meta would not remain static. The top players would continually find new ways to play that they didn't think of 20 years earlier.

This is so obvious that I can't believe it needs to be stated
Here is where your disconnect is.

You are assuming because people have had more time to study flawed records of it that people back then didn't stumble upon it. The entire reason that emu's exist is because the data mining was fairly simple.

"We" figured out a ton of things that just didn't matter and we ignored because why do them?

When you have a locked in time type server you have nothing better to do than to find these things that shave off 30 seconds here and there. When you are playing a game that is going to progress you just don't care. We just didn't care enough to put that effort in because we were slaughtering content with ease.

• 2Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

nisser

Trakanon Raider
No, it comes down to the fact that I don't believe you or anyone else could possibly have the same level of knowledge about anything in 2004 as people today have about that thing.

This is especially true when it comes down to something like wow classic which has stayed the same for the last 15 years.

You could take the top dota2 team or league of legends, freeze development for 20 years and the meta would not remain static. The top players would continually find new ways to play that they didn't think of 20 years earlier.

This is so obvious that I can't believe it needs to be stated

Well you're absolutely wrong. I'd say the only thing we didn't foresee (until it was too late) was that warlocks and warriors scaled incredibly well and hunters didn't. But we weren't going to just dump our half a dozen hunters and recruit random warlocks in the last few months before TBC.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Here is where your disconnect is.

You are assuming because people have had more time to study flawed records of it that people back then didn't stumble upon it. The entire reason that emu's exist is because the data mining was fairly simple.

No, you keep misrepresenting my argument (whilst also trying to maintain an air of elitism that can neither be proved or disproved)

You seem to be counter arguing that your 2005 knowledge is at the same level of the 2019 knowledge. So I ask you this, how long did it take you to "master" each patch? Day 1, Day 2, Day 21?

Your knowledge, understanding and mastery of each patch increased incrementally as time progressed. Therefore it is stupid to think that 15 years later has not also improved the knowledge, understanding and mastery of the game

• 1Potato
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Well you're absolutely wrong. I'd say the only thing we didn't foresee (until it was too late) was that warlocks and warriors scaled incredibly well and hunters didn't. But we weren't going to just dump our half a dozen hunters and recruit random warlocks in the last few months before TBC.

That's cute. I was in a top NA guild in vanilla wow and I've never once had that many buffs. I don't even know what half of those do.

k

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
No, you keep misrepresenting my argument (whilst also trying to maintain an air of elitism that can neither be proved or disproved)

You seem to be counter arguing that your 2005 knowledge is at the same level of the 2019 knowledge. So I ask you this, how long did it take you to "master" each patch? Day 1, Day 2, Day 21?

Your knowledge, understanding and mastery of each patch increased incrementally as time progressed. Therefore it is stupid to think that 15 years later has not also improved the knowledge, understanding and mastery of the game

There you go with that faggot talk again.

mocking-spongebob-1556133078.jpg

• 2Like
  • 2Ice Burn
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

nisser

Trakanon Raider

You're confusing with not giving a shit with not knowing what it is. The only time I ever used a flask was for patchwerk and not because I didn't realize that 2k hp was awesome for every fight but because my care level was zero.

You must be the first of 5 children because it took a long time for your mother to figure life out. #sameargument

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist

What buffs?
That's because you didn't know how to play the game back then, noob.

Edit: Watched the video and noted the dates at the end. Everybody saying "Naxx came out 1 month before TBC so no one gave a shit. Fucking mouthbreathers, all of those retards.

Anub in June'06, and KT in Nov'06. That's 5 months of Naxx progression and then TBC released in Jan'07.

Last edited:

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Therefore it is stupid to think that 15 years later has not also improved the knowledge, understanding and mastery of the game

If you were playing on live servers this whole time you would have a point.

You aren’t playing the actual game, you are playing a close facsimile and claiming that 30 second adjustments on clear times are worth it.

You are thinking we didn’t know that leather would be better for some warriors but we didn’t have to care because we weren’t competing against ourselves for clear times of the same content every week for years.

Not caring to min/max at that level doesn’t mean nobody knew it. You weren’t going to catch me not in plate as a warrior, I just wasn’t going to do it.

• 2Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
If you were playing on live servers this whole time you would have a point.

You aren’t playing the actual game, you are playing a close facsimile and claiming that 30 second adjustments on clear times are worth it.

The only thing that is being min maxed here is the circular argument. It's completely irrelevant because you're ignoring my Dota2/LoL example in order to fall back on the same "BUT ITS A PRIVATE SERVER DUMMY" argument

You are thinking we didn’t know that leather would be better for some warriors but we didn’t have to care because we weren’t competing against ourselves for clear times of the same content every week for years.

Not caring to min/max at that level doesn’t mean nobody knew it. You weren’t going to catch me not in plate as a warrior, I just wasn’t going to do it.

Stupid logic.

Maybe if you bothered to min/max then FOH would have gotten more than a Lucifron world first. Regardless of whether you were aiming for clear times or not - why would you not want to run content on farm status as quickly as possible and get it over with? You're admitting that you intentionally made your character weaker so you could roleplay as some plate clad gimp warrior instead

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
  • 1Potato
Reactions: 1 users

nisser

Trakanon Raider
He probable raided with <5 warriors and half a dozen rogues + hunters so leather gear was at a premium. Not a single end game guild raided with 15 warriors like the private servers do.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The only thing that is being min maxed here is the circular argument. It's completely irrelevant because you're ignoring my Dota2/LoL example in order to fall back on the same "BUT ITS A PRIVATE SERVER DUMMY" argument

Stupid logic.

Maybe if you bothered to min/max then FOH would have gotten more than a Lucifron world first. Regardless of whether you were aiming for clear times or not - why would you not want to run content on farm status as quickly as possible and get it over with? You're admitting that you intentionally made your character weaker so you could roleplay as some plate clad gimp warrior instead
We were told by the guild leader: “You aren’t allowed to win any more because people will say it’s because the GM’s and Devs helped”.

If you don’t think people logged off that day and never logged back in again you are crazy.

You didn’t need to min max this game, you didn’t need to for any game in that era. They were easy, I mean really easy. The issue you had to work on was players skill and not their gear.

Let’s stick to the warrior for example. A DPS warrior in plate was staying alive for longer to be on target and keeping debuffs like MS up where one in leather might be dead.

The issue we had more often that not was boredom and people being afk. Classes not doing their job like rogues in suppression room.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Let’s stick to the warrior for example. A DPS warrior in plate was staying alive for longer to be on target and keeping debuffs like MS up where one in leather might be dead.

What? If you're tanking then obviously you should wear plate and whatever is necessary to stay alive.

If you're a warrior and you're not assigned to tank then of course you don't need to wear plate.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
We were told by the guild leader: “You aren’t allowed to win any more because people will say it’s because the GM’s and Devs helped”.

We have now evolved past "we knew and did every trick in the book" to "we would have got every world first in every raid but Furor told us not to"

• 2Picard
  • 1Potato
Reactions: 2 users

nisser

Trakanon Raider
It's easily apparent that you never raided end-game in original wow. It wasn't a complicated game. Everyone with even a little bit of sense knew the basic requirements of playing at the end-game, how to gear, DPS rotations, etc.And if they didn't, forums at elitistjerks filled in the blanks.

The problem was that the raid only made up 20 of such people. The other 20 were mouthbreathers that couldn't do the Thaddius jump or do the Heigan dance. And no one really gave a shit about buffing to the level that private servers do now.

The only thing htat no one had foresight on was the scaling of warriors and warlocks.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
It's easily apparent that you never raided end-game in original wow. It wasn't a complicated game. Everyone with even a little bit of sense knew the basic requirements of playing at the end-game, how to gear, DPS rotations, etc.And if they didn't, forums at elitistjerks filled in the blanks.

That's cute. I was in a top NA guild in vanilla wow and I've never once had that many buffs. I don't even know what half of those do.

k