World of Warcraft: Classic

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Probably that Northdale shit but even that I am not sure about this close to Classic launch you might as well just wait.

I just want to fuck around a bit to see if I'm actually interested in playing or if it's just nostalgia tugging at me, so waiting until the actual release doesn't work.

Found light's hope and I'm going to give it a try.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think the best way to gain momentum and keep it, level wise, above all others is seriously play this as long as you can the first few days. There is so many guides, add-ons, etc that will be guiding players through the best paths, which ultimately are only but a few for each faction, there is bound to be cock blocks if you stay within the initial hordes of mouth breathers. So the only way to get ahead is by playtime. And I mean some seroius 24-48 shit like we used to do back in the old days when we laid out our cheetos and coca-cola for the weekend and got out fresh poop socks ready.

Im still on the fence about this one though. Do I want to invest all that fucking time into this shit with all the other games coming out this fall? Tough call.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Well once you’re max level you’ll only “need” to play a few hours a week for MC+Ony until phase 2. Getting there is the big thing, but playing a ton the first few days makes the rest of the process relatively smooth.

• 1Like

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
I mean from what it sounds like a serious alternative to having to go nuts on long sessions would be to just grind dungeons. Also way more fun and dont' have to worry about any of the crowds / get better gear as you go etc.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah this is my plan as well. Try to get a bit of a head start then be able to chill after you get a good lead on the masses of dipshits.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I had planned to do that, now I think I will just rely on having my laptop at work so doing mundane grinding or easy questing pretty much all day. Also I can't imagine having enough people in guild going so incredibly hard that I will be behind the pack at all, let alone any reasonable margin.

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Im still on the fence about this one though. Do I want to invest all that fucking time into this shit with all the other games coming out this fall? Tough call.

Wait, something good is coming out this fall?

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
We don't know what it will be like. It may well be so well done that you see very few people when lvling. Or it could be a complete abortion and have 1000 people in the starter zones at the same time. The only time that you can compare it to, is when they released new servers after the initial release of wow. And not a lot of people played on those new servers. racing to 60 was easy, as few people were willing to play for 24 hours straight back in the day. That isn't the case now, people know the best lvling routes and people play games professionally. Playing for 24 hours straight is the new norm, not something a only a few people do. I Still enjoy playing on emu's for the classic feel, with the classic client.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
I honestly think grinding dungeons may be the fastest lvling path to 60 on the classic servers.

This is currently my plan for my group. Horde will get the jump on this earlier with RFC too instead of alliance having to level enough to get into deadmines. You can basically ride dungeon grinding all the way to 60 if you have a high tolerance for grinding. Which I do. Prefer it to questing, actually. Plus the added bonus of having all the blues as you level. A solo hunter/warlock questing with addon assistance is going to probably be faster by a noticable amount though if you can get out ahead of the masses.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Wat?

All of the speed-leveling records are solo. What evidence is there to suggest dungeons provide the best xp per hour?
Static groups on the beta server got much higher xp/hour grinding dungeons than Joana’s level-by-level breakdown. Fresh characters leveled to 12 and then did 12-16 in 2.5 hours in RFC grinding group while that level range took Joana over 3 hours. Similar results for WC, SM, etc. Dungeon elites are complete jokes compared to on private servers so melee groups didn’t need a dedicated tank and good caster aoe groups didn’t either if they had one or two skilled frost mages. Random pickup groups won’t be better than questing but if you have a coordinated group of good players it looks like dungeon grinding might be the way to go.

Also layers are going to have high populations and there aren’t dynamic respawns so unless Bliz drastically changes something in the next few weeks open world questing is going to be a pain if you don’t get in front of everybody and stay there.

• 1Like

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Static groups on the beta server got much higher xp/hour grinding dungeons than Joana’s level-by-level breakdown. Fresh characters leveled to 12 and then did 12-16 in 2.5 hours in RFC grinding group while that level range took Joana over 3 hours. Similar results for WC, SM, etc. Dungeon elites are complete jokes compared to on private servers so melee groups didn’t need a dedicated tank and good caster aoe groups didn’t either if they had one or two skilled frost mages. Random pickup groups won’t be better than questing but if you have a coordinated group of good players it looks like dungeon grinding might be the way to go.

Also layers are going to have high populations and there aren’t dynamic respawns so unless Bliz drastically changes something in the next few weeks open world questing is going to be a pain if you don’t get in front of everybody and stay there.

This is key, and Joana specifically makes the guides so you are not dependent on others. But i'm all for running each dungeon a few times in a row when i get to the appropriate level, it's a nice change of pace and better loot typically.

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
I will probably do the same thing. I’ll be in a large guild and will try to coordinate some RFC and WC groups ahead of time because I hate leveling through Silverpine or the Barrens. Once I’m mid 20s I don’t mind questing as much because that’s when a lock really takes off and has more tools for handling multiple mobs or elites. If the opportunity to grind SFK, SM or something else happens I’d be all over that too though.