World of Warcraft: Classic

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

This video was released a year ago before we knew about new server tech and whatnot, so some of his points don't matter.

However, fanboi aggro will probably be a very real thing, haha.

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Since people seem to like interesting links, here's a link to the results of the current WoW Classic census that was posted on reddit. It has a lot of nice information to go through. The survey is currently at around 22,500 participants and rising, but it should mostly cover people who browse reddit. Here's the link for anyone interested in participating in the survey. You'll have to log in to google to participate, but not to view.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Probably a bit non-representative on the server-type. When people are asked questions they tend to answer how they think people would want them to answer, which in the classic community is PVP because you ain't no cockguzzling sissy boy right?!?!?! And then they end up on PVE after they remember STV exists.

Should be stats out there somewhere since wowcensus was around back then, but I seem to remember the PVP servers did have higher overall pop than PVE, but it wasn't an 80-20 split.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Since people seem to like interesting links, here's a link to the results of the current WoW Classic census that was posted on reddit. It has a lot of nice information to go through. The survey is currently at around 22,500 participants and rising, but it should mostly cover people who browse reddit. Here's the link for anyone interested in participating in the survey. You'll have to log in to google to participate, but not to view.

I found this interesting:
Have you already found a guild you will join at launch? 53% said No, and I am not currently looking

**Also about 65% of people estimate taking over a month or more to reach 60. So, there will be poopsockers, but thankfully that won't be the majority.

misery

The PvE and PvP numbers surprised me as well, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they were somewhat close to that estimate on launch. Then you might see quite a fair amount of flip floppers after launch when people realize they don't want to be on PvP after all.

I found this interesting:
Have you already found a guild you will join at launch? 53% said No, and I am not currently looking

I also found that interesting. I'm assuming that these individuals will be looking for a guild once they get into the game, either actively or passively. There seems to be a large portion of players who think joining a guild pre-launch is a really bad idea. I tend to agree with them in the case that they aren't part of a community that they're already familiar with like FoH. Joining one of the mass recruiting guilds, like the ones on reddit, might not be a great idea if they don't have any prior community backing holding them together.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The PvP vs pve server ratio on that survey is pretty nuts
I doubt it would be that lopsided, but then again people who already know they will bail after a week could just hit the PvP servers for giggles.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The start of the server is a fine time to give PvP a chance. It's going to take a while before you're getting popped by bored level 60 rogues while you try and get your ten bear asses. The grab ass mass combat could be really fun before the battlegrounds open up down the line.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Madseason is great forever, but really he made such a good point during this video for making money early on, since there's no gold in the game yet. Just skinning and vendoring it is honestly probably a fantastic start.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shiftyx

Molten Core Raider
Claiming level 60 in under 3.5 days /played with optimized group. Pretty legit if even relatively accurate.
(not so much referencing the guide - I'm sure its useful - but the concept of dungeon leveling as a preferred path to 60)

misery

Final stress test in a little over 11 hours...

1565245829738.png

• 1Solidarity

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Madseason is great forever, but really he made such a good point during this video for making money early on, since there's no gold in the game yet. Just skinning and vendoring it is honestly probably a fantastic start.

There will be enough people that just can’t help buying upgrades and tradeskill mats from the AH to be able to sell shit. You won’t get full value if you get a warden staff or something on day 4 and try to auction it but for standard things it’s fine. I made 3 gold before level 10 last stress test by selling certain things to people.

Jasker

brown please <Wow Guild Officer> /brown please
Tried googling the recent system requirements blue post and couldn’t find it. Anyone have the link?

I should be more than fine but just want to look anyway.

• 1WTF

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Tried googling the recent system requirements blue post and couldn’t find it. Anyone have the link?

I should be more than fine but just want to look anyway.

I don't know if I even have words for this...

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Meh you would be surprised since they upgraded the engine and models and shit. which is used in classic. Maybe not for questing and shit like that, but you will proabaly notice this in raids if you have a shit computer from 2008 or some shit. And people still wanna play games on their laptops too, which is crazy to me, but whatevs.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
The models are old, but the engine is the newer zombie band aided mess. It’s got a bunch of shit bogging it down that isn’t even being used.