World of Warcraft: Classic

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
I don’t think I’ve ever had a non tank raid leader. It’s arguably the easiest role to pay attention to what everyone else is doing.

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
This isn't Mythic, it's Classic. Raid leaders are barely necessary at all and any class/role can handle it just fine if your guild is at least semi-competent.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This isn't Mythic, it's Classic. Raid leaders are barely necessary at all and any class/role can handle it just fine if your guild is at least semi-competent.

Yeah dude totally ez hearding 40 retards instead of 10 or 20.

• 1Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Yeah dude totally ez hearding 40 retards instead of 10 or 20.
Hence "semi-competent". If most of your guild is at all familiar with the fights, via watching a 2 minute video or playing private servers in the last few years, there's really no surprises at all in the first few raids and no fights with more than a couple mechanics that anybody needs to worry about. The most important person in MC is a puller who can keep the raid busy but not too busy and turn a 3 hour clear into 2 hours or less.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Lol nowadays tank mechanics are a joke compared to the shit dps has to deal with. Tank is way better at raid leading than any other class.

In classic it makes literally no difference, there's 1 mechanic per boss and it's usually step 2 feet to the right.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Method uses a dps raid leader and gets world first

Limit uses a tank raid leader and gets second

Demonstrably false

• 1Salty
  • 1Like

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Time to decide!

Character name reservation for WoW Classic opens next week on Monday, August 12 at 3:00 p.m. PDT. Players with an active subscription or game time on their World of Warcraft account will be able to create up to three characters per WoW account and have the name(s) reserved before WoW Classic releases worldwide on Monday, August 26 at 3:00 p.m. PDT.

We will release details regarding realm names and realm types later this week so you can coordinate with your friends on where to begin your adventure. If there are high numbers of players congregating on individual realms during the name reservation/character creation process, we will post warnings about the potential for long queues on those realms, giving you time to choose alternate realms.

Also please note: Character creation will be limited to only one faction per realm on PvP realms.

• 2Like

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
We will release details regarding realm names and realm types later this week so you can coordinate with your friends on where to begin your adventure. If there are high numbers of players congregating on individual realms during the name reservation/character creation process, we will post warnings about the potential for long queues on those realms, giving you time to choose alternate realms.

That's great news. They're handling this really well. I'll admit that I was half expecting them to start the character creation and name reservation without having listed the realms beforehand. I guess I underestimated them.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I reinstalled WoW this weekend, and created an undead warlock. I got to level 10, and was like OMG SOMEONE SHOOT ME IN THE HEAD NOW PLEASE!!!! Holy fuck the quest grind is boring as hell. I just don't know if I can make it 50 levels again in WoW. /sigh

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Well dude you're.doing the msq. That's 1000x.worse than wow
I don't know man. At least the MSQ quests are part of a large over arching story line where it feels like my time and effort is lending itself to something much bigger.

When it comes to the vast majority of the quests in WoW, I just feel like I'm doing shit to be doing shit with no consequences upon the final outcome what so ever. I literally think that you could just let people create max level characters in WoW, and they would not be any worse off than someone who leveled a character from level 1 to max. The leveling process is meaningless.

But, that's just my opinion. I'm sure some people enjoy the quest grind.

• 1Like

misery

Well dude you're.doing the msq. That's 1000x.worse than wow

I agree with Noodleface here. I'm surprised that with the rose-tinted glasses you have when it comes to FFXIV you're so eager to convince yourself that WoW is the worst thing you've ever seen. Level 10 in WoW takes what, 2-3 hours max in classic? Less in retail? I don't play retail, so I have no idea how long it takes, but I've heard it's a lot quicker. You can skip the quest text in WoW just like you can in FFXIV if you want to. They have just about the same relevance to anything outside of the main quests. It sounds like you already convinced yourself that you hate it, so I doubt you'll find any enjoyment sticking with it.

By the way, it's the community and oldschool MMORPG aspects that make WoW Classic special, not the grind. I will add that FFXIV is sorely lacking in those areas, just like BFA is.

• 1Salty

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I agree with Noodleface here. I'm surprised that with the rose-tinted glasses you have when it comes to FFXIV you're so eager to convince yourself that WoW is the worst thing you've ever seen. Level 10 in WoW takes what, 2-3 hours max in classic? Less in retail? I don't play retail, so I have no idea how long it takes, but I've heard it's a lot quicker. You can skip the quest text in WoW just like you can in FFXIV if you want to. They have just about the same relevance to anything outside of the main quests. It sounds like you already convinced yourself that you hate it, so I doubt you'll find any enjoyment sticking with it.

By the way, it's the community and oldschool MMORPG aspects that make WoW Classic special, not the grind. I will add that FFXIV is sorely lacking in those areas, just like BFA is.
You're right in that. FFXIV does not have the community thing like old school MMORPGs did. I completely agree.

I'm not saying that it takes long to level in WoW. It doesn't. I'm just saying that it was incredibly boring to me. It's possible that it's due to the fact that I have done it so many times in the past. Who knows? I don't. I just know that I was bored out of my mind. Maybe that will be different when there are a few thousand other people playing it at the same time.

Either way, I knew when I said what I said that it probably wouldn't be popular, but I'm not here to win popularity contests. I gave my honest opinion, and if that ruffles people's feathers, then so be it. I'm not going to candy coat my opinions just so people will hit LIKE on my posts. Just saying.

• 1Dislike

misery

You're right in that. FFXIV does not have the community thing like old school MMORPGs did. I completely agree.

I'm not saying that it takes long to level in WoW. It doesn't. I'm just saying that it was incredibly boring to me. It's possible that it's due to the fact that I have done it so many times in the past. Who knows? I don't. I just know that I was bored out of my mind. Maybe that will be different when there are a few thousand other people playing it at the same time.

Either way, I knew when I said what I said that it probably wouldn't be popular, but I'm not here to win popularity contests. I gave my honest opinion, and if that ruffles people's feathers, then so be it. I'm not going to candy coat my opinions just so people will hit LIKE on my posts. Just saying.

I'm almost positive from your posts that you can attribute your enjoyment of FFXIV to the fact that it's a new experience to you. It might take you a long while to get through all the content, but it will happen eventually. At that time you'll be at a stage where you either stop playing MMORPGs or you make compromises. You take a break and wait for the next FFXIV patch, you play a game that you find certain aspects of to be incredibly boring, etc. This is where a community based game like WoW might come into play. A lot of us are at this stage. We know leveling in WoW is ass and it's something most of us have done many times before. We're willing to compromise because at its core, Classic WoW is a solid game. Also, I'm not saying FFXIV doesn't have community aspects. It definitely does. I just got tired of Lalafell fashion show Thursdays and home design contest Wednesdays. I can definitely see the appeal for some people though.

Also, I can only speak for myself, but my feathers are definitely not ruffled. If you misconstrue constructive criticism of your commentary as ruffled feathers, we're not going to get along very well.

1565033665796.png

• 1Salty

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I suppose out-of-combat rezzer won't be a thing with 1.12, eh? :p
At the start of classic, out of combat rezzer was a thing. But they nerfed that quickly by having all boss mobs do zone-wide agro upon attack. I guess the only break from that is world bosses like Azuregos.