World of Warcraft: Classic

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I'm almost positive from your posts that you can attribute your enjoyment of FFXIV to the fact that it's a new experience to you. It might take you a long while to get through all the content, but it will happen eventually. At that time you'll be at a stage where you either stop playing MMORPGs or you make compromises. You take a break and wait for the next FFXIV patch, you play a game that you find certain aspects of to be incredibly boring, etc. This is where a community based game like WoW might come into play. A lot of us are at this stage. We know leveling in WoW is ass and it's something most of us have done many times before. We're willing to compromise because at its core, Classic WoW is a solid game. Also, I'm not saying FFXIV doesn't have community aspects. It definitely does. I just got tired of Lalafell fashion show Thursdays and home design contest Wednesdays. I can definitely see the appeal for some people though.

Also, I can only speak for myself, but my feathers are definitely not ruffled. If you misconstrue constructive criticism of your commentary as ruffled feathers, we're not going to get along very well.

View attachment 217894
Are you going to take your marbles and go home, or just go with the age old favorite of kicking my ass during lunch hour? lol. Just kidding.

I can agree with everything you are saying. Once you get to max level (for the current expansion), hanging out with friends and doing raid content is awesome. That's the part I am looking forward to. But, just as you said above in "leveling in WoW is ass" is what I am talking about. The leveling is boring. It's just a necessary evil to get to what we actually want out of the game.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Are you going to take your marbles and go home, or just go with the age old favorite of kicking my ass during lunch hour? lol. Just kidding.

I can agree with everything you are saying. Once you get to max level (for the current expansion), hanging out with friends and doing raid content is awesome. That's the part I am looking forward to. But, just as you said above in "leveling in WoW is ass" is what I am talking about. The leveling is boring. It's just a necessary evil to get to what we actually want out of the game.

You'd be surprised, some people actually enjoy that shit. I will say that PvP in contested areas while leveling (at least before everyone has geared out mains) makes the leveling a lot more enjoyable for me. You could also grind dungeons if you really don't feel like questing, or play in one of the starting zones that you haven't leveled in yet if there are any. I've done them all, so no luck for me. Balls to the wall and you'll be 60 in a week or less. I guarantee you that you'll have some enjoyable experiences in that time if you level and quest in the open world while also doing dungeons for the quests. You might also get camped, which could turn into something awesome in the end.

But like I've said, if you've already convinced yourself that you don't want to play the game then maybe you should just give it a pass. Many people just don't like redoing content that they've already done, and that's completely understandable. I haven't played WoW since the early stages of WoTLK, so for me Classic is so old that it's basically new if that makes sense.

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
You'd be surprised, some people actually enjoy that shit.

Doing the basic MMO quest/level grind thing on a fresh server with a fresh gimmick with tons and tons of people playing goes a long way for me. Context makes all the difference.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
You'd be surprised, some people actually enjoy that shit. I will say that PvP in contested areas while leveling (at least before everyone has geared out mains) makes the leveling a lot more enjoyable for me. You could also grind dungeons if you really don't feel like questing, or play in one of the starting zones that you haven't leveled in yet if there are any. I've done them all, so no luck for me. Balls to the wall and you'll be 60 in a week or less. I guarantee you that you'll have some enjoyable experiences in that time if you level and quest in the open world while also doing dungeons for the quests. You might also get camped, which could turn into something awesome in the end.

But like I've said, if you've already convinced yourself that you don't want to play the game then maybe you should just give it a pass. Many people just don't like redoing content that they've already done, and that's completely understandable. I haven't played WoW since the early stages of WoTLK, so for me Classic is so old that it's basically new if that makes sense.
Yeah I totally get what you are saying. I feel like I was being a dick when I said I didn't care if I ruffled anybody's feathers. I apologize for that. I think I might have gone in to this with a preconceived decision that it sucked because that's how I left it years ago. I'm going to try to take a more positive approach to evaluating it the next time I login.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I re-activated my account and spent the next 30 minutes quietly reflecting on my life choices.

Just kidding I'm excited to play again.

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Well dude you're.doing the msq. That's 1000x.worse than wow
This is true.

Quests in FF14 have you talk to Minfillia at HQ, go to the zone the quest is in, talk to whichever Scion is with you on this one, talk to the NPC in charge of the town, go to the quest NPC, do the quest which is either killing 2 faceroll NPCs or visiting 50 checkpoints in a row with dialogue for each, talk to the quest NPC, deliver an item to another NPC, go back to the quest NPC to confirm the delivery, go back to the Scion to confirm you did the quest, go back to Minfillia WITH NO TELEPORT IN HER TOWN so hope you have a mount for the 5 minute ride, go through TWO LOADING SCREENS with a 5 second walk between them to finally get to Minfilia. HAVE MINFILLIA EXPLAIN EVERYTHING YOU JUST DID BACK TO YOU, then she tells you to do the next quest which you already knew about 3 NPCs and 3 loading screens back.

Do 150 of those quests to get to Heavensward which was actually good because Minfillia and the Scions were all killed off.

Then you get to do Stormblood which is back to the bullshit since everyone who died is alive again. People like Stormblood because the opening quest chain has The Eclipse from Berserk except it's Final Fantasy 5 superbosses instead of demons. Just watch the Berserk movies guys... Then you fight a weeb guy who inexplicably is fucking an angry chick on each continent and then kills himself.

• 2Dislike

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Ok. I deserved that, but I feel sorry for anyone that wants to try FFXIV in the future and read your reply because you just spoiled the story for anyone who hasn't played through it yet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I was expecting to have Classic pull me back to WoW after I shut my subscription down, but as the launch of Classic comes closer and closer, I find myself less and less tempted to resub.

I'm still mildly interested in the World of Warcraft, but I think that playing it is now a thing of the past for me.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
Ok. I deserved that, but I feel sorry for anyone that wants to try FFXIV in the future and read your reply because you just spoiled the story for anyone who hasn't played through it yet.
Oh no that sucks. Dead characters with no bodies coming back, nobody saw it coming!

The FFXIV story isn't good, that's not the selling point of the game.

• 2Picard
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Oh no that sucks. Dead characters with no bodies coming back, nobody saw it coming!

The FFXIV story isn't good, that's not the selling point of the game.
Actually, I have not played through Stormblood yet as I am still working my way through Heavensward, so yeah you fucked the story for me. That's like telling people the ending of a movie or book. It's an extreme dick move. God fucking damn. Jesus Christ. Toxicity of fucktards like you are exactly why WoW's community gets a bad reputation. Fucking idiot.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This is true...

I understand and agree with a lot of your sentiments, but if there's any one MMORPG where not spoiling the story is of importance, FFXIV would probably be it. Yes, some of the story is shit, but that doesn't mean others won't enjoy it and it also doesn't mean you should outright spoil it. You have to consider that the less good parts of the story are stepping stones to the better parts. This is especially important because the story in Shadowbringers is actually really enjoyable to many people-me included. If I didn't have the story to look forward to, I honestly wouldn't have bothered with the game at all. You should also consider that some people actually enjoy the shitty parts of the story. I know this because I've met a bunch of them in the game. I'm not telling you what to do, but spoiling your post would be a really considerate move to anyone who happens to read this thread and might want to play FFXIV at some point.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Actually, I have not played through Stormblood yet as I am still working my way through Heavensward, so yeah you fucked the story for me. That's like telling people the ending of a movie or book. It's an extreme dick move. God fucking damn. Jesus Christ. Toxicity of fucktards like you are exactly why WoW's community gets a bad reputation. Fucking idiot.
I haven't spoiled anything other than a common trope everyone spotted the second it happened. Tell me you actually thought any of those characters were actually dead.

There's a bunch of stuff I could spoil about Heavensward which I won't because it was pretty good.