World of Warcraft: Classic

Quaid

Trump's Staff
For Priest, Warlock, Mage, and Hunter, at what levels do you think you finally have a feel for the class? Hunter at 10 when they finally get their Pet, Warlock at 10 with Voidwalker? Do you have to play a Priest all the way to 40 to feel Shadowform?

Want to put more playtime into some classes on the Private servers this week to finally make a class choice. :)

Burren Burren Did you finally pick a class?

You'll know if you will enjoy priest after healing your first dungeon. It doesn't get much more complex than that at 60.

Hunter you'll know by your mid teens, but feign death at level 30 made a big impact on my enjoyment of the game.

Ryoz

<Donor>
I'm between hunter and mage myself. I know mages are more desirable in raids but I never really gave hunter a day in court and I'd kinda like to try one out for classic.

Ryoz

<Donor>
They've played on the past 3 emu servers that i've also been on. All they do is cross-realm grief and mafia any worth while farming content ie. devilsaurs. They always have an associate cross faction guild that essentially clears whoever contests them. It's fucking cheap and they don't do it for the PvP, as they always have the best premades for bgs and like 20 rank 14s. They farm, they rmt, and they've lived off these private servers since Nostalrius. Not to mention the fact that every single one of them is an obnoxious cunt. They've practically been blacklisted on all of the servers i've seen them on.

Now, are they good? Yeah, really good. They have some of the best PvPers i've ever seen in WoW and i've done a bunch of WoW PvP.

I'm rolling on a PVE server specifically to avoid mongoloids like them this time around. I'm also avoiding all of the streamer aids and don't give a shit that these guys are griefing them. I'm just saying they're fuckheads.

so I guess it'll be interesting to see what they can do on a legit server then? i mean i take those wow emus like eq emus, there's alot of gray area and it's sorta like the wild west.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
We aren’t that crazy of a bunch really. The only thing I plan to keep out of game is politics since it leads down into rabbit holes best left to these boards and not to gaming. Aside from that I don’t think we will see anything to wild and crazy.

I mean I made a Troll Mage in case I wanna play with you guys and got the name Trumpkin.

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It's going to be so difficult to not talk about the elections in guild chat.
But I'm going to try my best.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm between hunter and mage myself. I know mages are more desirable in raids but I never really gave hunter a day in court and I'd kinda like to try one out for classic.

Same thing I debated with myself. I like them both (questing, PVP, dungeons) but have never used with for raiding. I know mages will do more DPS, but they will be boring in raids, where as hunters will have a more interesting rotation and be less common (more loot available, if that matters). They both have great quality of life perks to them, for different reasons (ammo being the only minor negative).

Shit....here I go again, back to 50/50!!!

*I'm going mage, but both classes are great, you can't choose wrong. Only paladin is the wrong choice in Classic.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So Trolls just the best then with their +bow racial?
Im going orc, they get a pet bonus plus the stun shit in PvP which is one of the best. Plus trolls look retarded which is 90% why I pick Orc.

Also ammo is cheap and you carry assloads and the pet feeding thing is annoying at first but when you get the pet to like you more and more it stops being an issue.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
BTW, I'll be going Tailoring and will have bags for everyone (6 slots arrive at level 7-8). But, if anyone is going enchanter, I'd love to trade some bags for early wands. Those can help a lot.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Priest didn't change much between SP and normal as you just sit there and SWP + flay over and over again, +/- fear as needed. Damage increases in shadow form but that was about it.

Hunter was meh in vanilla but if they do add in BC, snapshotting a scorpid poison + trinkets for an entire raid fight made them hilariously over the top (dunno if that was a thing in vanilla?).

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider

Hunters get to pull, if that's something you enjoy doing like I do.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Richturpin doing more of the lords work.

Beautiful.

Classic wow is going to be an epic shitshow of unrivaled proportions. Bunch of cunt streamers trying to show off how cool they are on a game they never played and only care about because of the hype, the million and one hanger ons willing to swallow 10 loads just for a second of attention and all the griefers following them around making their lives hell.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Okay I am ready to install this and see if I can take a day off work next week. We'll see as I have a ton of fucking shit to finish this sprint. But hopefully I can swing one day. Whitemane is the server right? Also, someone mentioned I can only install the classic client, how do I do that? (I currently do not have an active sub). Ready to roll boys.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Okay I am ready to install this and see if I can take a day off work next week. We'll see as I have a ton of fucking shit to finish this sprint. But hopefully I can swing one day. Whitemane is the server right? Also, someone mentioned I can only install the classic client, how do I do that? (I currently do not have an active sub). Ready to roll boys.

There's a drop down box above the play/update/whatever button to select the version. And yeah, Whitemane Horde.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I really loved Feral during TBC and Wrath, the flexibility of tank or dps in one spec and gear(minus trinkets) was pretty awesome. I'm guessing this didn't exist in Vanilla? And I recall people still not using non-Warrior tanks during TBC. Why exactly was this? Warriors still had better cooldowns? Non-Warriors still not able to prevent crushing blows?

Anyone else still wrestling with whether they should play at all? I have a kid, job, and house to maintain, a grindy wow vanilla just seems like the wrong thing to do.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I really loved Feral during TBC and Wrath, the flexibility of tank or dps in one spec and gear(minus trinkets) was pretty awesome. I'm guessing this didn't exist in Vanilla? And I recall people still not using non-Warrior tanks during TBC. Why exactly was this? Warriors still had better cooldowns? Non-Warriors still not able to prevent crushing blows?

Anyone else still wrestling with whether they should play at all? I have a kid, job, and house to maintain, a grindy wow vanilla just seems like the wrong thing to do.

You don't gotta poopsock it. I plan on getting 60 within month then just doing what I can.