World of Warcraft: Classic

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You don't gotta poopsock it. I plan on getting 60 within month then just doing what I can.
Yeah, that it is true. I'm not sure what my hesitation with that specific idea is. Kinda hard to put it into words, but the social aspect, which is what I'm primarily looking for, will be diminished if I'm not pushing raiding content.

More of the Feral questions...I'm guessing what I want didn't exist in vanilla? I'm considering rolling a class that has a tanking(Warrior) or healing(priest, shaman, druid) spec in order to be more desirable to groups. But that sounds like ass grinding shit out in the world.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
From the videos I've watched from emu heroes it sounds like feral can't really tank due to crushing blows and mediocre aoe agro. Can't heal well due to mana issues. They're fine in 5 mans and shit, just not ideal for raids although you need a few of them for buffs/innervate.

I'm still considering playing one since they're so fun in Vanilla/TBC. Hard to not go with Shaman's WF smesh build though. RNG life

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, that it is true. I'm not sure what my hesitation with that specific idea is. Kinda hard to put it into words, but the social aspect, which is what I'm primarily looking for, will be diminished if I'm not pushing raiding content.

More of the Feral questions...I'm guessing what I want didn't exist in vanilla? I'm considering rolling a class that has a tanking(Warrior) or healing(priest, shaman, druid) spec in order to be more desirable to groups. But that sounds like ass grinding shit out in the world.
I played Druid in classic and it sucked ass. The o my thing druids were viable at was running flags in WSG. For PVE you really need to farm weird items to make feral good. Healing is sub optimal on raids and dungeons and a lack of resurrection hurts.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
alright cool ty, i wanted to make a pally but guess im going orc warlock, never liked the feel of resto shaman
Cool.

I saw your name, and it made me go holy shit... is that Techno Destructo from Vazaelle? I was Sanabien Vendabuff (halfling clerick) on Vazaelle. If you are in fact Techno (spelling?), bad ass. You made me want to play a monk lol.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

Druids can tank more than people think, but there's really no reason to take one over a warrior. They make good OT's. There definitely was a stigma throughout all of vanilla about Druids.

Things warrior has that druids don't:
A second taunt with mocking blow
Shield wall
Can parry
Multiple more that I can't remember

Druid has high HP, immune to sheep, better magic mitigation.

Ideally if you played this Druid you'd want to be one of the OT's and be able to go Cat and pull good DPS when not tanking. More of a support role for the raid in general.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't mind ppl streaming raids or dungeons. But open world streaming esp on pvp servers is inviting faggotry.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>

I specced this. Offtanked on 4 horsemen and kel-thuzad. Classic Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Worked in dungeons as well as tank.

nisser

Trakanon Raider
Beautiful.

Classic wow is going to be an epic shitshow of unrivaled proportions. Bunch of cunt streamers trying to show off how cool they are on a game they never played and only care about because of the hype, the million and one hanger ons willing to swallow 10 loads just for a second of attention and all the griefers following them around making their lives hell.

It'll be amazing! Back 15 years ago grieving trolls flourished and that's even before you could see victims cry on twitch video.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Whoa whoa whoa, this whole Druid talk about them tanking or DPS'ing is just a bunch of bull shit. The stigma is extremely strong, that they can't do anything but heal. You'll work harder to do less DPS than other melee as Feral, and you'll work harder to take more damage than a Warrior. Their healing, imo, is actually pretty good when compared to Priests, and you bring Battle Rez and Innervate. But their Healing consists of spamming Rank 4 Healing Touch, which can get more boring than a Mage spamming Frostbolt.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I mean druids are tanking on private realms. It's a real thing. You wouldn't want one to MT unless you like actively hamstringing the raid

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Flexible OT that also brings Innervate, Battle Rez and ok DPS is pretty nice. I'd rather that than a compromised dps warrior spec.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I remember having a feral (cat) and a boomkin druid during a server first Rag kill. 40 man raids give you a lot of wiggle room to have a handful of sub-optimal specs

• 1Like

Crone

I remember having a feral (cat) and a boomkin druid during a server first Rag kill. 40 man raids give you a lot of wiggle room to have a handful of sub-optimal specs
Absolutely. With 40 slots, you can bring some extras. Just depends if you are ok with never being competitive with your fellow guildies or not. For me, part of the fun is trying to beat others in DPS, at least within your own class. Be top mage, or top warlock, etc. Then talking shit when you beat your buddies. Again, like Deathwing mentioned that social aspect of it.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
MC runs were so chill with 40 ppl. You didn't have to try super hard every second, ppl would actually talk and goof around and have... fun. You really don't have to try until AQ40, but even then its so much easier compared to modern raids in WoW & FFXIV where you have to dance around like retards to avoid the 1 shot red circle/cone/wave of death. sigh. The red circles of death are such a lazy design.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
I really loved Feral during TBC and Wrath, the flexibility of tank or dps in one spec and gear(minus trinkets) was pretty awesome. I'm guessing this didn't exist in Vanilla? And I recall people still not using non-Warrior tanks during TBC. Why exactly was this? Warriors still had better cooldowns? Non-Warriors still not able to prevent crushing blows?

Anyone else still wrestling with whether they should play at all? I have a kid, job, and house to maintain, a grindy wow vanilla just seems like the wrong thing to do.

If it turns out ANYTHING like the emu servers have been, and i'm willing to bet that it'll be practically the same - in terms of time committment, you won't need to play more than 2 raid nights per week for 2-3 hours max and another 2-3 hours of raid prep (consumables etc), for a total of 6-9 hours per week. It should take you between 1-2 months to get 60.

It's really not that hardcore. This assumes you have a group of non-autists around you who won't require you to play 24/7 and run BGs.

• 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Absolutely. With 40 slots, you can bring some extras. Just depends if you are ok with never being competitive with your fellow guildies or not. For me, part of the fun is trying to beat others in DPS, at least within your own class. Be top mage, or top warlock, etc. Then talking shit when you beat your buddies. Again, like Deathwing mentioned that social aspect of it.
Raid flexibility is important too. I remember it being pretty fun as a healer or tank to do shit outside of raids. And by that, I mean not fun.

Probably going to roll a feral druid.

Crone

Raid flexibility is important too. I remember it being pretty fun as a healer or tank to do shit outside of raids. And by that, I mean not fun.

Probably going to roll a feral druid.
Given we are gonna only be raiding for a few hours a week, it's important that you enjoy the class outside of raids. That's tough though. For me, a Druid is super fun out in open world with travel form, and in PvP. But it was never fun being just a healer in raids without any chance to be tank, melee dps, or boomkin.

• 1Like