World of Warcraft: Classic

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
toon name is Locke. still in westfall. been keeping up w/all profession skills this time instead of brute forcing them at 60.

Cybsled

Kill green dragons, they had a ton of good nature resist gear.

Limited repop and contested. Good gear, but extremely limited supply and no guarantee of good drops. At least onyxia scales guaranteed the item for everyone.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Limited repop and contested. Good gear, but extremely limited supply and no guarantee of good drops. At least onyxia scales guaranteed the item for everyone.

Yeah, that's why we killed something like all but 6 of the first 300 downed on our server back then. Granted, it wasn't just for the good nature resist stuff. Every mage in the guild wanted the Mindtear Band, which we never saw a single one drop until after 6 months of killing Taerar.

xzi

Mouthbreather
crashed, time to sleep. 23 over night. I'm just going to wake up in 2 hours so I can queue and go back to sleep lol, gonna git 30 something tomorrow (later?) ez

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Just because you didn't care about the lore doesn't mean only 10% of 12+ million did. You are forgetting the roots of the entire IP. This isn't Destiny. Exit polls for cancelled subs are roughly in the 70% range as listing lack of better story as one of their top 3 reasons they unsubbed.
I don't think it was the "lore"(let's be honest some of it was pretty dumb and made no sense, vanilla was just made up as they went along, tbc was major retcons, only wrath had a truly coherent narrative) but the fact they just had a solid world to flesh out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Long story short, East coast is going to own these servers. You can NOT login if you get home after the East coast is already logged in. There is no way anyone is making any progress if they are waiting 9 hours to login every night after work/school. Period.

I logged in today at 1PM, on the East coast, and got an 8000 queue.

East coasters can't even log in my dude.

Panik

N00b
213 EST 6k in que .. Hope i get to play soon. First time ever playing, are these ques normal? and how do I keep from getting booted if im AFK?

• 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I don't think it was the "lore"(let's be honest some of it was pretty dumb and made no sense, vanilla was just made up as they went along, tbc was major retcons, only wrath had a truly coherent narrative) but the fact they just had a solid world to flesh out.

Even then Wrath still had the lol Argent Tournament.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Guys, Blizzard just sent me an email with a rock solid hint regarding playing WoW classic:

Yup. Stay connected.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
213 EST 6k in que .. Hope i get to play soon. First time ever playing, are these ques normal? and how do I keep from getting booted if im AFK?
It's getting less every day so far. I expect queues go up again for Friday, and some time next week the whole thing is probably gone

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Yeah I'm not even trying anymore, playing a hunter on Myzrael waiting to see if it all settles down. I'm really liking the fact I can get quests done in a normal fashion, but still have a healthy amount of people around, feels more like my original vanilla week 1 experience on Blackhand.

I'm not waiting for numbers to count down for hours, just so I can spend 10x the time it should take to do quests because 100s of players running around like starving zombies.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I'm not even trying anymore, playing a hunter on Myzrael waiting to see if it all settles down. I'm really liking the fact I can get quests done in a normal fashion, but still have a healthy amount of people around, feels more like my original vanilla week 1 experience on Blackhand.

I'm not waiting for numbers to count down for hours, just so I can spend 10x the time it should take to do quests because 100s of players running around like starving zombies.

That wasnt really my experience on whitemane. I got in about 3 hours late on launch day and for the most part its been pretty chill as far as population goes. Definitely not like the private servers with every single mob contested with lines of the nameds. The layer shit works once youre in game.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
That wasnt really my experience on whitemane. I got in about 3 hours late on launch day and for the most part its been pretty chill as far as population goes. Definitely not like the private servers with every single mob contested with lines of the nameds. The layer shit works once youre in game.
I haven't been back on Whitemane since yesterday afternoon, but my layer or whatever of the Barrens was really bad the entire time there.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I decided to roll on another server to fuck around due to a 6+hour queue on whitemane. Rolled up a human paly, and gods were there some dumb fucks in chat. And even with all the priests around me, I didn't get a single stamina buff until I was in Hogger's area. As well as less people grouping up to do kill quests.

On our server horde side, I nearly had it my whole time leveling.

As a lock, I've decided to run after and trade a healthstone to anyone that drive-by buffs me. Let's just say that I've opened a fuckload of trade windows. I have druids MOTW + Thorns'ing both me and my voidwalker, mages & priests doing their thing too, and it's constant. I've pretty much had all 3 major buffs at all times out in the world. We seem to have a good horde community on Whitemane

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Maximum Realm Capacity Increased – August 28
With hotfixes that we are currently deploying to all WoW Classic realms, we are substantially increasing the number of players that can be simultaneously logged in and playing. We expect this to result in smaller queues for realms that have large queues, and some realms should no longer have queues at all.
We will closely monitor performance and stability throughout this process.
Thank you very much.

Hmmm, still 10k queue

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
what was that one leveling addon everyone was using in standard retail wow? The one that jsut showed you an arrow where to go, with instructions Do they have one yet for classic?